New Menus on the Magic

poconoboatniks said:
Stimpy,

Do you know if Prudence is going to be on the Magic out in California? She was our assistant server last year and our kids loved her. We're on the first cruise out of LA and I know they'll be looking for her.

Poconoboatniks

I think she mentioned she would be. I know Elisa, our asst server, will be on the 14 day but her contract is up for renewal and she wants to see what they offer her before she commits.

BTW, I felt so bad for Prudence one night! She had a migraine and was still one of the nicest people! I also get migraines and there is no way I could get out of my house....forget about working all those wacky hours and serving people with a smile. ELisa told us that they can't take off if they are sick. They need a dr's note, need to find their own replacement, and pay the replacement out of their own pocket. Kind of bothered me that if a CM is sick they are practically "forced" to work. Obviously, a migraine isn't contagious, but something else might be.

Hello, Tia.
I was the same way, this was our first cruise - of any kind. I thought the food was very good but there was a night or two where nothing on the menu really "reached out and grabbed me." I know there was looking for escargot from a menu I previously saw but it never is offered on the new menus. All in all, we had a great experience. If you like chocolate, I highly recommend the warm chocolate lava cake on the Captain's Gala night!! It was great!

I would love those new menus! I don't particularly like beef in any form, I'm not fond of chicken, I wouldn't eat lamb if they paid me (brings back a lot of bad memories of meals when I was young). I love seafood, and my opinion is that they don't offer enough variety of seafood on DCL, and I always put that on my comment cards. Maybe they're just getting around to reading my suggestions? :rotfl:

Beth

Howdy,
If the menu's were disappointing as you say, please take 5 minutes and go to the DCL official cruise site, find the "contact us" at the bottom of the page and send an e-mail. Send to any site you want, but address it to the food and beverage manager and they will forward it to the appriate people.
We have cruised 5 times and everytime we have seen improvements in all areas. We were told they did this because of the feedback of their guests. They do listen to your complaints, so please write about it. That is more effective than the small comment card you receive before you leave the ship to fill out. It will help. If everyone who was disappointed let them know from just one cruise, they would change the menus. It's up to you.Good luck.
mom x4,grandma x4 :earboy2:

Thank you all for your help in posting the new menu items. I am sorry for those of you that did not enjoy your meals. We leave in a week for the 14day cruise and after looking over the posted offerings, I am very excited to try some of them. As a seafood loving family of 5, we are delighted to see all the great new seafood selections. We are happiest of all that they have put the Chocolate Lava Cake back on the menu!!

Karen :flower:

We were on the 4/23 sailing and the menus had a lot of seafood which I don't care for. Not as much variety as previous times. I do have to recommend the Turkey dinner it was awesome you can order it with regular mashed instead of sweet potatoes my 7 year old gobbled it up. The kids menu has been greatly improved adding more variety, chicken, turkey, meatloaf.

The beef was excellant my husband said the monk fish was dry. My son thinks they make the best mac & cheese.

suecate said:
My son thinks they make the best mac & cheese.

LOL, that's all my DS ate all week except 1 night! I was so sick of seeing Mac&Cheese after this trip. We convinced him that Pirates eat roast beef on Pirate night. He gobbled it up and asked for more. We thought he might try something else the next night but it was right back to the mac&cheese. Thank goodness he ate better during the day.

I am thrilled by these new menus!!! The only "meat" I eat is fish and seafood and these entrees look incredible!!!! I was worried that I'd have to order salmon everynight just to find something that wasn't beef or chicken so these is terrific news!! woo-hoo. I'm getting hungry just writing about it!!

Our waiter Sardon was going to throw some mac and cheese over board for us as we left.. so DS would not go hungry at home

Does anyone have any of the vegetarian offerings on the new menus for those of us who don't eat meat or fish?

We had Aleksandra for our Head Server on the 4/2/05 Magic and she was terrific and very involved, a stark contrast to whomever the head server was on the Wonder just three months earlier who never introduced himself to me or my wife, just literally showed up with his hand out the last night. We'd had good head servers before, but Aleksandra was the best ever, and I think Disney does care enough to get feedback and do some tweaking before the extended cruises. Someone is always first for whatever is new, hope it did not ruin anyone's trip. We were the second-ever Wonder Pirate night in January. Didn't love it, but didn't ruin the trip, either, and there are certain aspects that have been changed since then, like the entire way the rotations work, so that does impact the cruise.

Hi! We just came back from our first Disney cruise on the 4/23 Western.
Loved it! Enjoyed it much more than the Celebrity Cruise we took last year to Alaska.

Sorry to hear some of you did not enjoy the menu. We loved the choices on the menu. I think that's because we are a family of seafood lovers, and we enjoy exotic foods. I think there was only one day I did not enjoy my main course and that was Pirates night. Our server was Mladen - he was just terrific with suggestions and he brought us other entrees if we did not enjoy our main course.

Thanks for posting the new menus! :cool1: If these ARE the ones intended for the 14 night cruises, I'll be eating VERY well!

Arlene

Thanks for posting the New Menu's For our 14 Day Cruise They
sound Fine to us... HEY I Cant complain im going cruising .....on the Disney Magic..for 2 weeks :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Also Dining At Palo For Several Evenings... :Pinkbounc

Anyone know if Annmarie is going to Be in Palo for the Repo ?

She was not sure when we had her in October, was close to vacation for Her.

Peter

I was hard pressed to find anything I liked a few nights of the cruise. I only eat Chicken, no meat or fish and 2 nights they didn't have any chicken other than the standard lighter fare "grilled chicken breast"....I do remember last cruise they had many more choices that I enjoyed but this time dinners were not the best for me. I did have some black eyed peas and risotto one night for the main course that was good. I had checked out the menus on barbs site and found things I liked on there but I was surprised when I got onboard and found different choices LOL...the have way to much seafood on there for my liking...just because I like to cruise doesn't mean I want to eat htings out of the water LOL!
Oh and we had aleksandra as out head server too adn she was wonderful! We had Dentak and Marisa as our other servers adn they were great too-though they are leaving for vacation after next week!

I'm on the 2nd PC cruise and since I absolutely LOVE seafood--they look great to me. But I understand how it wouldn't be a positive if seafood wasn't a favorite for you! Either way--I can't wait to go!!!

We were also on the 4/23 Western and did not care for the new menus. I love seafood too but nothing grabbed me. I ended up ordering the grilled salmon 3 nights because I did not like anything on the menu!
Our servers also left alot to be desired. Our asst server was new (only 3 weeks on the job) but he was the one we really liked. The server always seemed to be giving him a hard time and by the last night they were just hostile to each other!!! It made for some awkward dinners. Aleksandra (our head server) was awesome!!

Jillie said:
We were also on the 4/23 Western and did not care for the new menus. I love seafood too but nothing grabbed me. I ended up ordering the grilled salmon 3 nights because I did not like anything on the menu!
Our servers also left alot to be desired. Our asst server was new (only 3 weeks on the job) but he was the one we really liked. The server always seemed to be giving him a hard time and by the last night they were just hostile to each other!!! It made for some awkward dinners. Aleksandra (our head server) was awesome!!

Jillie, did you and your group have 2 tables? 1 for adults and 1 for the teenage girls? I think we were right behind the girls on the Parrot Cay nights. We were really impressed with how mature and nice they were.

Back to the menus, I was just talking to a friend this morning that was on the cruise after us. He said one night they had venison, but I didn't remember that on our menus. Maybe they are already changing them or he got some of the other new menus to try. His family also did not like the food the first 3 days though.

We can all post on the boards here and there, BUT, we really
need DCL to hear us also.........

You need to fill in your survey comment cards on board the ship
and take the time to write a letter to DCL with return receipt and
let them know what you feel........

Only the letters most of the time get to the right people in Celebration, Fl.....

Write, Write, Write, it does work sometimes :)

Dana
dizneyusa
:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter