New menu for 'Ohana - oh no !

dvc at last !

DVC Member 2006!
Just saw the new menu for 'Ohana - chicken has been taken off the menu. That is a bummer for us because our children only eat the chicken, not the shrimp, pork or the steak. We have a reservation for October for 6 people and are wondering if we will need to cancel !

Just saw the new menu for 'Ohana - chicken has been taken off the menu. That is a bummer for us because our children only eat the chicken, not the shrimp, pork or the steak. We have a reservation for October for 6 people and are wondering if we will need to cancel !

Do you have a link to the new menu?

Edit: Nevermind I found the July menu on All Ears. It does have a remark -
NOTE: ALTERNATIVE CHILDREN'S SELECTIONS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

Perhaps that is the normal Disney children's menu.

'Ohana update info ---

I just called 'Ohana directly and spoke with a CM. She assured me that although the chicken is no longer being served on skewers like the other meat choices, there is still (all you care to eat) chicken breast available on request. Just let your server know upon check-in and they will be happy to accommodate!

Wow, why would they remove the chicken? That's a bummer! :(

This is just a guess and I may well be wrong, but... I would guess it's because not enough people choose the skewered chicken. It is probably less expensive to make the chicken made-to-order. I bet because people pay a premium to dine there that they more often choose to eat the steak, shrimp or pork because they are 'more expensive" options so they don't choose the chicken.

:thumbsup2

'Ohana update info ---

I just called 'Ohana directly and spoke with a CM. She assured me that although the chicken is no longer being served on skewers like the other meat choices, there is still (all you care to eat) chicken breast available on request. Just let your server know upon check-in and they will be happy to accommodate!

Really?? I haven't heard that yet! That is very good to know.

Funny, I just went there a week ago on our trip and thought there used to be chicken, didn't really matter to us because you get so much food!! They do have the wings though and they are awesome, my kids love them!!

I haven't heard any reports of chicken breast available on request. I'd temper expectations until someone experiences it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter