New members still awaiting VM and GB

DisnutDave

DIS Semi-veteran
We're new members, paperwork/deed was recorded this past June. So you'd think we'd be on the membership mailing list at this point, right? As of today, we're still waiting for the latest issue of VM and the 2002-2003 Member Guidebook to arrive. I've watched postings from lots of folks around us who seem to have gotten theirs. Ouch!

At what point do you think we should contact Member Services and voice our concern? I hate to call, only to have it arrive the next day! Should we give it another few days, or call on Monday?:confused:

We're not as new members, but we're still waiting for both down here in Texas. Anyone from Texas or Oklahoma get either yet?
BTW, Welcome Home! Where did you buy?

We're in Texas and received our VM this week, I think it came on Wednesday, 9/18, no 2003 guidebook yet.

Same story here in Massachusetts for us. We bought about the same time you did and I've been checking my mailbox each day....nothing.:(

We bought BCV on 2/3. Deed was recorded in June and the title finally came this week. We too have not received VM or the 2003 guidebook.

We've been members for two years. We just got our new guidebook this week, on 9/18. The VM came on 9/19. Both came via US Mail.

I've asked my local post office station manager about delays like this. He told me that the main mail distribution center for my area uses "non-dated" and non-first class material such as the GB and VM for workload leveling, and essentially get to it when there is a slow mail period. I imagine that other postal centers do the same. If the information is correct, even if Disney shipped them all on the same day, there could be about a two week variance in delivery from the same mail center. I doubt that Disney ships them all on the same day, and some have to move through multiple mail distribution centers.

Bottom line -- I would give it another week before asking Member Services to send another GuideBook, perhaps by First Class. The VM can be obtained "on-line" from the DVC Member website.

We bought into the BCVs in March and have yet to receive our GB or our VM yet and I am just a few miles from Canton, MI. I wonder if the fact that we bought in later has anything to do with it?

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCV 2002

We are new members since July and we have not received neither of them yet either. Hope they come soon.

Jemima

Purchased BCV in June and still don't have guide book or Vacation Magic. I called MS on Friday and was told that they have been mailed and be patient! Hopefully, it will arrive on Monday! Annmarie

Hi- We too became DVC members in July and have not received either of the two. I called MS, for something else, but also asked about the two and was told VM is expected to go out for October and GBs are just starting to be sent out and to give it a few weeks.

:)

When we joined, it took two iterations of VM to get one. We joined in August and the first VM that we were on the list for was not until January or after as I recall. I did call MS and was able to get the fall edition mailed to me, though.

disneyat heart,

Welcome Home to another DeKalb County DISer!!!! We received the VM about 2 weeks ago and got our MG last Tuesday, for what it is worth.

Thanks for your responses. Glad to hear we're not alone, and it sounds like we should sit tight at least another week or two. We have read VM on line at the website, but because it really features BCV this time are anxious to have and hold it!

Simba's Mom- we bought at the BCV. Basically, we were making up for our past sin of NOT buying at the BWV when we first looked at them 5 years ago!

Here's hoping we are all browising through both books soon.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter