Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by alasknmom, Feb 26, 2001.

1. alasknmom

alasknmom Earning My Ears

Hi My name is Rachel. And I am disabled (man I love that word, my mom calls it handicapped and it drives me nuts!!)

Can you guys tell me about the disability lines for the rides? How does this work?
    I had a friend tell me they were available but then she dropped off the face of the earth (actually she moved off our board) and so I didnt find out anymore. ;(

I have Thrombosidapenia with Absent Radius Syndrome. Meaning. Im missing the radius bones in my arms, the ulna's are shortened by a lot and I have hip and knee problems :( but I get around. If ya knew me, you wouldnt know I had problems, Ya kinda forget! ;)

Rachel in Alaska<

2. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

Hi, Rachel and welcome.
    Most of the lines for people with disabilities are mainstream now. That means everyone waits in the same line with everyone else and wheelchairs/ecvs will stay right in the line. You don't need any special card or anything to bring them into the line.
    There are Guest Assistance Cards for people with non-visible disabilities that affect their ability to wait in the regular line. You can do a search for GAC or GAP or the whole words and you will get a lot of information.
    You didn't say whether you use a wheelchair or ecv for distances. If you don't normally use one, you may want to consider it for WDW. You can easily walk 3-4 miles a day (some people say more).
    ˙

SueM in MN
    Co-Moderator of disABILITIES