New member!!! So excited!!

ruzer28

My pug looks more like Yoda than Yoda himself.
I just called the Timeshare Store for a very small (50 pt) contract. Have been considering purchasing for a long time now, and I've rented twice. I'm hoping all of you experts can help me with a question about the use year. If my use year is September, I know that I'll be getting my 50 points in September 2007. Do I have to wait until September 2007 to make a reservation for January 2008, or can I make a reservation at 7 months out (July 2007) for January 2008, considering that I'll have the points available to me by the date of the reservation? I appreciate any info that you can give me. Thanks so much!!

You should be able to make the reservation as soon as you contract is complete. That being said you may have to borrow the points in order to make the reservation. Member Services should be able to help you with that.

Welcome to the family!!! The people that we have meet at the DVC resorts are some of the nices people on earth. I wish my neighberhood was made up of DVC famililes only!!!!

Use year has nothing to do with booking windows, only banking of your points. If you have any 2006 points remaining in the contract, and don't plan to travel before January 2008, you'll want to bank them as soon as your contract closes and you are in the DVC system.

If the closing is completed and you're in the system by then, you can book your home resort in February 2007 for your January trip. You can also borrow points from your 2008 use year for the ressie, if needed.

How exciting to be taking this step!
You only need to plan ahead to have enough points available at the time you take the trip. You can make the ressie as soon as your contract is in the DVC membership computers.
Good luck!

Yay!! That's the answer that I was hoping for! Thank you all so much for taking the time to answer this. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I pass ROFR and I'm in!

Congratulations & Welcome Home!!

We really do appreciate your doing business with us!

HAPPY "MAGICAL" VACATIONING,
Tom & Staff :rockband: :dancer: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

PS. Remember to come by and pick up your "GIFT BASKET" to use at the resort. You'll be glad you did!!

I'm confused...but...maybe its normal since it was 70 degrees here on Sat and right now...its furiously snowing :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Did you "pass ROFR" ???:confused3: :confused3: :confused3:

I see "welcome's" ... but did I miss something:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter