New member from RI

missypaws

Mouseketeer
DW and I just joined august 6 and got 220 points. We also got 500 ship board credit on our dream druise. We finally took the plunge. A little scary but fun. So many questions. Thanks to you all who helped us decide on the DVC, he on the dis boards.:).

TO THE WARWICK, RHODE ISLAND FAMILY WE MET ON THE DREAM AUGUST 2-7, WE MENTIONED YOU TO OUR GUIDE AND HE IS SENDING YOU SOME CORRESPONDENCE

Our guide was nick cotton. Nice to talk with. Does anyone else have him as a guide? Our use year is march since we have already gone on vacation this year, we have 440 next year.

Do members get discounts on tickets without having a annual pass and are there discounts on the dining plan?

Thanks for the help.

If we go with a group, do they get the discount on tickets and dining?

No discounts on the dining plan per se. But I believe you can purchase the Tables in Wonderland card that will give you a discount at certain restaurants. I think the only discount is for the AP tickets.
Welcome!

Discounts on the dining plan -- not per se, but you can segment your reservation and purchase whichever dining plan you like per segment. You need to get the dining plan for everyone on the reservation. There is also no seasonal upcharge, and you do NOT have to purchase tickets for each night.

Some restaurants have a small discount at lunch for your DVC card.

We buy APs and then the TiW card which gets up to 10 people 20% off food and alcoholic beverages. Discounts at dinner shows are only for the last performance.

:welcome: home!

Welcome to the Club!!! It is wonderful! The savings are just astronomical! You are going to love it!!!!! :cheer2:

I thought there was a small discount on the dining plans, but I rechecked just to make sure I was correct and I wasn't. It seems that they charge you exactly what they would charge a paying customer, but the good part is you can wait up until 48 hours before your first night of stay to add the dining on. That way you're not dishing out hundreds of dollars months ahead of time, you can wait to add it on. (within 48 hours you can not add it anymore) Each year they revise the prices, they seem to keep going up, on the DVC website under the Planning tab you can click on Disney Dining and they have the different plans available. As far as the tickets the only discount is when you buy an Annual Pass, which seems to be about $100 less than the price for the public. When you are able to log on to the website you'll be able to see all these wonderful extras. You have to wait for a code before you can log in for the first time, took about a week to get mine.

Ask as many questions as you need, we'll help you get aclimated. :)

From the land of Pauly D to the land of DVC! :) Congratulations!

I'm an old member (in more ways than one ;)) from RI. :wave:

Congrats on the purchase.

I am not from Rhode Island, but have been there. You will love your DVC!

Welcome Home!!! Happy planning, and many happy years of great vacations!

Welcome to the club, Neighbor!

We are just over the line in CT. You will truly enjoy your purchase.

My recommendation is the Annual Pass, and the TIW card. They will pay for themselves!

Enjoy!!!!

Thanks for all the great feedback and congrats. The boards make our planning much more easy. Anothe question or two...how does trip insurance work on points compared to cash? Also, we are going with 2 other families and would like to know if I can reserve 3 rooms? The other families are not DVC members. Do they get the same perks like us?:)

welcome home!!!!!

SIL and BIL just bought on their trip in July and are thrilled. We are too, and can't wait to show them all we have known all along that DVC is the way to go!!!

cheryl

Welcome Home! From a former Greenville, RI neighbor :wave:

DW and I just joined august 6 and got 220 points. We also got 500 ship board credit on our dream druise. We finally took the plunge. A little scary but fun. So many questions. Thanks to you all who helped us decide on the DVC, he on the dis boards.:).

We joined in 2004 (before we even knew about the DIS :sad1:) and had that same scared feeling at the beginning. We haven't regretted the decision once and have even purchased an add-on along the way!

Congratulations and Welcome!! :cool1: What is your home resort???

From the land of Pauly D to the land of DVC! :)

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Regarding trip insurance, the only thing I really know is that you have to buy for each year of points you are using. For instance, if you need to borrow any points from the next year to get the three rooms you have to pay travel insurance for both years. I'm pretty sure it's $79 each year.

You can definitely get three different rooms. You could get twenty different rooms if you wanted. They really let you do anything with your points. You could get one studio and one 2-bedroom, or any combination. The best thing is to book as soon as you know your plans, since things book fast you'll have more chance to get what you want. Regarding the others not being DVC, I'm pretty sure since they are in your party they get all the perks you do for that trip, but you might want to email DVC to see exactly what that entails.

Hope that helps, I saw you posted your questions a little bit ago so you might have already found the answers.

Welcome Home...I am not from RI or ever been there...but I have heard of it, does that matter??!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter