New March 2017 Check In thread

Which app do you all use? I have the official one from Disney but don't see anything about fastpasses.

There was an update to the app through iTunes last night. Maybe it will help with that bug.

We are mostly packed now with just personal items and carry on to pack dater DD is in bed. Unfortunately I still have a few work related tasks to finish. I can't wait to arrive tomorrow and be in the Parks on Sunday.

Well, we are trying to get to Disneyland. Our 4 hour layover has turned into a 5.5 to 6 hour wait at the airport. Arg. Another flight to LAX was also delayed.

Well, we are trying to get to Disneyland. Our 4 hour layover has turned into a 5.5 to 6 hour wait at the airport. Arg. Another flight to LAX was also delayed.

Did you make it yet? Our drive yesterday took 3 hours longer than normal. Had to rounds of snow that I was not expecting to drive through. Lots and lots of rain and some wind. Add in that my daughter has bathroom issues and it was a looooong drive.

We stayed at the hotel most of the day. Took a walk to Downtown Disney tonight. Pack up our stuff for the park tomorrow morning! :jumping1:

Hey Sew, my 16 year old daughter and I drove down from Portland and arrived at HoJo yesterday afternoon. I'm happy the rain and wind is behind us now also!

Did you make it yet? Our drive yesterday took 3 hours longer than normal. Had to rounds of snow that I was not expecting to drive through. Lots and lots of rain and some wind. Add in that my daughter has bathroom issues and it was a looooong drive.

We stayed at the hotel most of the day. Took a walk to Downtown Disney tonight. Pack up our stuff for the park tomorrow morning! :jumping1:

We eventually arrived around 9pm Almost 2 hours late. DD didn't take the delay well. The bonus was Karmel Shuttle was great and was the hotel.

Hey Sew, my 16 year old daughter and I drove down from Portland and arrived at HoJo yesterday afternoon. I'm happy the rain and wind is behind us now also!

Donna, we are at the HoJo as well.It's a nice hotel.

Our trip is going well. The cooler weather this morning kept lines down. We got everything done except Alice. The ride was sacrificed to meet Donald. I just have to decide if I want the 7 day PassPass or do the PhotoPass Collection.

Hi All!
We're headed down on Thursday -- driving from Sac with my 11 year old DD. So, we'll be there one day in March and one in April! Anyone there now who can comment on the wind and whether the fireworks are happening?

Hi All!
We're headed down on Thursday -- driving from Sac with my 11 year old DD. So, we'll be there one day in March and one in April! Anyone there now who can comment on the wind and whether the fireworks are happening?

We were there Friday and they announced there was a chance it would get cancelled, but it didn't.

Donna the weather down was just crazy. I was not expecting the snow.

Leopardstars so glad you guys made it.

First half of yesterday was pretty good at the parks the rest of the day not so much. Around 6 something last night we got on Splash. They did not fully load our boat. They had to girls in the front two seats. My son in seat 5 and my daughter and I in the back seat together. Right after we got past the first little drop the girls in front stood up and moved back to the middle seats.:sad2: Got to the bottom of the ramp that takes you up to the big drop and the ride stopped. A cast member came out of a curtain on the right side and made the girls move back to the front seats. They restarted the ride and the log felt like it fell out from under my kids and I. We hit something hard. So hard that I felt like we had been in a car accident. :sad1: I was in pain right away on my back from my bra strap down about 4".
Got off the ride and thought I would be okay but when I started walking I could feel the adrenaline rush and the shaking kick in. Went to the cast member at the FP line and let her know what was going on. She got the lead and they shut the ride down. :scared: I felt horrible that they shut the ride down but they were concerned that something was wrong and others could be hurt. Got to visit with a Disney nurse ... she gave me an ice pack, ibuprofen, and took my kids and my info. Oh and a pass to walk on to the next ride we wanted.
We ate dinner and ended up leaving the park by 9.
As if that wasn't bad enough my son woke up around 1:30 and yelled from the bathroom that he was going to throw up. :sad: Sure enough I walked in just in time for him to be sick. I think he ate something because he was only sick one time and then had a headache most of today.
Annnnnnnd my daughter has had melt downs for the past 2 days. She has a few medical issues that we are struggling with and making this trip a bit more challenging. *sigh*
Tomorrow is another day and I am praying for some Disney magic to kick in. Please sprinkle some pixie dust our way. :tink:

Sew - I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you guys on Splash. You did the right thing by talking to the cast member. Their leads and the ride ops know the ride best and made the decision using their best logistic. Pixie dust for you.

The parks sure were busy yesterday. Unofficial Guide bumped the day to 10/10. We got lucky because we seemed to be just ahead of the crowds. We did see the MSEP but it was a challenge. My stepmom and I had to create a shield around DD because the woman next to us just kept crowding closer and closer when she did have enough room on the other side to not crowed over. I asked her to move over because we were close to being shoved into someone else's stroller. Then she had the audacity to say she was there before us. She wasn't but I wasn't about to pick a fight. She must have realized she did have space because a few minutes later, we had a few more inches of room. They also announced at 8:15 that all viewing areas were full.

Sew, how awful! I hope you are all feeling better!

Leopardstars - wow, I'm not looking forward to the crowds! Glad we have BB booked!

I went just for the afternoon yesterday because we were going to the WOC dessert party. The show is fantastic and I do recommend it if you are on the fence about seeing it.

We got into DCA a little after 1:00pm. All rides had very long lines. We attempted to ride RSR single rider, but were told the single rider wait was 60 minutes, so we decided to have food and flights instead. As I checked the app later, I saw the regular line was up to 3 hours for RSR. I guess that's where people can stay at the parks for a week and not mind waiting in line 3 for one ride. It's just not my style, but I am only a couple hours drive away.

We went to DL around 6:30pm to look for a specific backpack. It took a really time to walk through the crowds. The line for POTC made it all the more difficult. I couldn't find the backpack I wanted and we decided to just go back to DCA. We had about 30 minutes to kill before the dessert party and thought we could ride Jumping Jellyfish or Goofy's Sky school. Ended up not doing either as Jumping Jellyfish was a 30 minute wait and Goofy's was 45 minute.

If you are there this week, get there as early as you can. Do as much as you can in the mornings. You won't get much done in the afternoons unless you don't mind standing in long lines.

Entire day I was thinking it was basically a wasted visit until we saw WOC. It was fantastic. Did think it would have been better to just go see that and not try to do anything beforehand, but hindsight is 20/20.

Hi All!

We got to California Saturday and DL on Monday and I would describe it as chilly in the morning and evenings and very warm in the afternoon. Now last night at WOC next to the water was cold, I saw people with winter jackets on and blankets, good idea. We are taking jackets and then storing them if we need to.

Hey Cruisehopeful, we must have been at the Dessert Party together. I'm happy that I was expecting the crazy crowds; I would have been very disappointed to show up to this craziness unprepared! I'm actually breaking DISers rule #1 and missing rope drop today - the 15 year old needs to sleep in.

So we are on Day 4 and have come back to the hotel for a mid-day break - from the crowds and the heat. Today's weather is a really warm/hot summer day for us. If you saw a 30 something woman at rope drop this morning in a teal, short sleeve shirt, that was me!

The have been crazy most of the week. I'm glad I mentally prepared for this and left today to either do rides that we didn't get to or that DD wanted to ride again. We are learning her tolerance for more "adventurous" rides. Let's just say this, Star Tours was probably her least favourite ride. After she went to bed, I went back to the park solo to ride Star Tours. It was so busy they had the breezeways open for Main Street. I then wondered over to DCA to see if I could find a non-FP area to see the later WoC showing. I ask a CM where I could stand and she gave me a FP for the Blue section. DD would not have liked it enough to try and do it with her.

The highlight of the trip so far was yesterday's character breakfast at Minnie and Friends. We saw so many characters.

We headed back to the HoJo early today also. Too hot and crowded to enjoy ourselves.

We left DL last night after the fireworks and exited on a walkway behind the Main Street stores. For someone who thinks she has seen almost every part of the public part of DL, it was strangely exciting to see the area behind the stores. I am a Disney geek without doubt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter