New "Magic Your Way" tickets discourage no expiration folks

LoveToDisney said:
I read somewhere that the new tickets will require biometrics so they couldn't be shared the way we have used the leftover PHP tickets for guests. Once the 10-day ticket was used for a particular person, only that person could use it again.
That wouldn't surprise me. That would eliminate the resale market problem Disney has had all these years. It will people from buying a 10-day, using it for 5 and giving/selling the remaining 5 to someone else (which would be a great deal for both parties).

LoveToDisney said:
I read somewhere that the new tickets will require biometrics so they couldn't be shared the way we have used the leftover PHP tickets for guests. Once the 10-day ticket was used for a particular person, only that person could use it again.

They already use biometrics for annual passholders. Extending it to all pass holders would not be too difficult. Eventually I forsee them doing away with ticket media altogether and relying solely on biometrics.

There have been lots of great posts on here but I just wanted to add my story to the pot.

My sister & family (of 5) and my family (of four) & a couple are all going to Disney Dec 2005. When we first read of the MYW tickets we were disturbed as we were going to buy 4 day hoppers with no pluses at AAA and the new prices hiked the prices by about $20.00 a piece. After further consideration, however, we're OK with it and this is why:

We are renting a house for seven days (at $233.00 per family) and will be driving into the parks each day.

We have different styles.

My sister will get 5 or 6 day bought in advance hopper passes (that do expire) and they will go for a few hours every day. The prices only increase by $1.00 per additional day. So it will give her family total freedom and they will spend almost nothing on food in the parks because with 6 days of tickets, as soon as someone is cranky (their kids will be 2-8) they will come home, eat, nap, and swim.

We will buy 10 day no expiration, hopper, with pluses tickets. We plan to go many a time in the next few years, probably a day or two at a time. We also think we'll let their 8 year old come with us to DisneyQuest and a water park and leave our 4 year old at the house with my sister. We'll probably only use 3 of our days on actual big parks and we'll stay all day and eat there as I have a Disney Visa and should have about $200.00 in Disney dollars by then.

So for us, it has given us a lot of freedom to choose what is best, instead of simply what is available. We are both feeling that our trips will be more at our whim and leisurely. And actually, in the long run, we'll both save money. Plus we get to vacation together without being in each other's faces.

The couple is still deciding. This will be their very first trip to Disney World EVER! So it will take them quite awhile to read enough to know which way to go.

Just my two cents.

Esther

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter