• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*NEW Maclaren Triumph Stroller Swap*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jms531

Mouseketeer
***:hippie: SEE POST #5 PLEASE:hippie: ***

***kgle is now heading the swap since I'm buried in nursing books:scared1: ***

Oh man...I was going to say that I would totally return the stroller I just bought to do this swap (but I would prefer a Triumph since it reclines).

We are staying at Pop May 8th-18th. If anyone would be interested in helping me head up a swap for a Maclaren Triumph (on sale for $149.99 so about $15 for the first 10 people) that would be awesome. PM me to let me know!

not to hijack (sorry!) but if anyone at pop would be interested in a fridge swap too...let me know.

Hi! We're staying at POP Sept. 19-27 and I'd be interested in both the stroller swap and the fridge. It looks like my dates are very popular (because of free dining) and are already spoken for on most of the other swaps.

Just my two cents, but I would prefer the reclining stroller as well.

Thanks to both of you for getting new swaps going!

Ok so I'll be trying to head this up and JMS531 will be helping (when she has time!).

Maclaren Triumph Single Stroller Swap

THIS SWAP IS NOW FREE TO ALL NEW SWAPPERS

Why are we doing a stroller swap?

Well, simply put, its easier to pay a little bit into a stroller and have it conveniently stored at your resort rather than paying full price and lugging it through the airport! Disney charges $15 per day to rent a single stroller and you must also return it before leaving the park. They also require a $100 deposit (refundable) when renting one. Most of us are staying for at least a week, so this offers a huge savings as opposed to paying so much to rent which could pay for a brand new stroller.

How much will it cost (and which stroller)?

Here is the stroller:

yhst-47839566842445_2039_102623

It is a Maclaren Triumph single stroller. Mainly chosen due to the fact that it reclines.

# Basic Weight
# 5.2kg / 11.5lb
(without hood, shopping basket or raincover)

# Carrying Capacity
# up to 15kg / 55lb (US)

# Appropriate From
# US/UK: 3 months EU: 6 months

# Recline
# Multiple positions with adjusting strap

# Wheel Size
# 12.7cm / 5.0in

# Hood
# New! Longer for extra coverage
# Round for compact fold

# Added Features
# New! Larger hood; argyle pattern in back
# New! Easy-on, easy-off hood
# New! Foam handle design
# New! Buckle ring colour
# New! Woven contrast two-colour harness
# Ergonomically optimised, foam insulated handles
# Foot-operated linked parking brakes
# Height adjustable shoulder harness
# Raincover
* Sovereign Lifetime Warranty™
* Maclaren Recycling Programme†
* 5 point harness for added security
* Removable washable seat
* Compact umbrella fold
* Water resistant hood
* High-performance aluminium frame
* Handy mesh shopping basket
* Carry strap or handle for easy portability
* 5 second one-hand fold
* Lockable, front swivel wheels

This includes the organizer bag and also original shipping to Disney. A

Please make sure to contact the family before you and after you in order to transport the stroller in a timely fashion. You will be responsible for this, as well as making sure you get confirmation numbers, phone numbers, and dates. It is up to you to establish a meet time to hand off the stroller. If there is a gap between families, then the family departing will be responsible for leaving the stroller with luggage services with a piece of paper attached including: the incoming family's name, confirmation/reservation number, and their check-in date. GET A CLAIM TICKET. If the incoming family is staying at a different resort than you, you are responsible for transporting the stroller to the new resort and leaving it with luggage services.

If you are interested in signing up, please PM me your real name and DIS name and we will arrange a paypal transfer. There is no profit made off of this swap, all money is directly going to reimbursing the cost of the stroller. If I deem necessary (and receive enough stroller-seekers) we will also set up a replacement fund in the event that the stroller goes missing. I will also be purchasing a Maclaren Universal Organizer as seen below:

51NN9FSJVJL._AA260_.jpg

Dates so far:

APRIL

April 26- May 5- POTZIE2 POP confirmed/PAID

MAY
May 8-18- KGLE POP confirmed/PAID
May 18- 24- AMY162 POP confirmed/PAID
May 25- June 1st- BEKTASMIC ASMo confirmed/PAID

JUNE
June 1- 7- 3KIDLETSMOM POLY confirmed/PAID
June 7-14- TXSOCCERMOM BC confirmed/PAID
June 14-27- MY3DISNEYBOYS ASMu confirmed/PAID

JULY
July 4- 11- CHRISR938- ASMu

July 11-18- FLIPFLOPMOM POP
July 25- August 7- GOOSEDWN- AKL

AUGUST

August 8-15- DUGGAN6 ASMu confirmed/PAID
August 16- 23- HJENTINA POR confirmed/PAID
August 26- 30- PIXIEMOM917 AKL
August 29 - September 4- TRIPLEJBOYS- AKL
confirmed/PAID

SEPTEMBER
September 4-13- MOM2JACOB POFQ confirmed/PAID
September 13- 19- GOTTALUVMICKEY POP
September 19-27- APENNEL POP confirmed/PAID
September 27-October 4- NM0859 OKW confirmed/PAID

OCTOBER

October 7-12 ERDDIG
October 16-25- ELLIEBELLESMOM POP

October 26- 30- LULU2

NOVEMBER
November 29- December 6- STAC1023 CBR confirmed/PAID

DECEMBER

OPEN!

REMEMBER!!

1. PM me with all of your information (including arrival dates, departure dates, resort, and full name).

2. Make sure to set up a meet up time with the incoming family, or if there will be a gap make sure to leave the stroller (with information attached) with luggage services.

3. Be sure to know who will have the stroller directly before you and directly after you. Also remember to keep their names, check in dates, and reservation numbers in a safe place so you don't lose the information. I also strongly recommend exchanging phone numbers.

4. Be kind and wipe down the stroller after use. We all have kids, so we all know how messy they can be- but have consideration for the next family and clean it off. Please be kind to the strollers.

5. Please give me advance notice if you have to back out of the swap! If the stroller is left with luggage services for too long, they will dispose of it as they see fit. I request at least 3-4 weeks notice please.

Can this hold up to 45/50 lbs? If so, pls put be down for it and I will let you know a definite by Monday, 2/23.....is that ok? We're coming in 6/7-6/14, either @ POR, AKL, or BC (haven't figured it out yet, waiting for taxes to be done)! What is a PM? What do I have to do for that?!?!

Thanks!

Can this hold up to 45/50 lbs? If so, pls put be down for it and I will let you know a definite by Monday, 2/23.....is that ok? We're coming in 6/7-6/14, either @ POR, AKL, or BC (haven't figured it out yet, waiting for taxes to be done)! What is a PM? What do I have to do for that?!?!

Thanks!

It holds up to 55lbs. I should probably add the info on it to this thread!! I will go ahead and put your name down! Just let me know if anything changes. A PM is short for private message. I believe you have to have at least 10 posts before sending one? I'll send you a PM with my email just in case :)

Great it looks like we are rollin! As soon as we get 10-15 people, we will start doing payments and I will pick up the stroller!

When will this be available? We will be down 3/29-4/4.

Thanks.

I should be able to go ahead and add you :) I am going to purchase the stroller here and have it shipped down there before the first person arrives. What resort are you staying at?

This is great! I just PM'd you my info.. Please sign us up for April 4-April 7 and let us know. Thanks again.

We will be down there March 14-21st, would it be available then?
Ali

I am really sorry...I sat here and thought about it forever but I don't know if it would be possible. I haven't begun to start taking payments from everyone and 2 weeks might be cutting it close. I am afraid something would happen and you would end up with no stroller :confused3

I would be interested! Our dates are 6/13-6/27. 6/13 is a travel day and we won't get in till late, so I could get it on 6/14. We are staying at ASMusic (I know you only wanted to do POP??)

I would be interested! Our dates are 6/13-6/27. 6/13 is a travel day and we won't get in till late, so I could get it on 6/14. We are staying at ASMusic (I know you only wanted to do POP??)

Not a problem! I think in order to get more swappers we will have to branch out from Pop :laughing: Your dates are perfectly fine so I will go ahead and add you in! I will forward you the PM I sent out to everyone and if you could just email me back at my personal email we can get everything going!

Just an update guys!

I actually found a really good deal on Ebay for a Triumph for $110 and free shipping. I am estimating the total cost to be around $140 after I ship it to Disney. I purchased it tonight and should hopefully have it in a week.

We will go ahead and stick with the $16 per person in order to also pay for the universal organizer (which also has cup holders for us adults!).

Please send your portion of the cost to me as soon as you can, since I obviously paid for this out of my own pocket. I emailed everyone with my personal email address which is also my paypal address. Let me know if you have any questions whatsoever.

The stroller purchased actually comes with 2 different colors- coral pink and coffee brown. They are interchangeable.

yhst-47839566842445_2038_1061075
yhst-47839566842445_2039_102623

How hard is it to change it out? I have three boys and really don't want to be stuck with a PINK stroller!!

LOL you and me both! I am going to send it with the brown. I don't believe that it is that hard to change out, but I will test it once it arrives. The seller started the shipping process today. If it is too hard to change back and forth I will just leave it in brown since that is pretty gender neutral :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter