NEW: Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Pluto4President

DIS Veteran ºoº DVC 4ME
The old thread must have been too large and is not accepting new posts! Any late comments from anyone?

=====================================

L & M keeps popping up. They are showing great rates. Enough to get a faithful EC member interested.

Let's here your experience.
Soup to nuts... Anyone use them?

=====================================

I was tempted when I read some of the great rates and experiences but then we started hearing some no so good stories.

Also, for my trip, they aren't even accepting reservations on the Internet yet...and the rates are kind of high right now for my trip time...I'm going October 26 thru November 3.

Any new stories out there???

I've closed the old thread to avoid confusion - hear is a link to it if you are wanting to read it.

I was on the Better Business Bureau's website and decided to do an inquiry on L & M Car Rental. L & M had an unsatisfactory rating because they had not responded to some complaints. I wonder it that's related to the off-again on-again reservations from Travelocity.

I have a reservation with them for the week of March 23 - $97.50 for Full size - weekly rental. We made the reservation through Travelocity. We all know the travelocity drill. After the first announcement, I searched for the next best rate and reserved with Dollar. Over $100 more for the same size/time.

About a week later, Travelocity called and said they'd worked out the problem. I emailed L&M to inquire (never heard back) I called Travelocity back, and they had to cancel and reinstate the reservation. When they tried to reinstate the rate was higher (even higher than Dollar). I said that I had heard here that they were honoring the same rate. The travelocity agent called L&M while I was on hold, and got it approved. So now I have a fresh new reservation with L&M at the original rate.

Meanwhile, hedging our bets, we are keeping the Dollar reservation. After we get the car I'll cancel it!

I'll give a report after our trip on how it all worked out.

My family justed used L&M 2/23-3/2. We rented a minivan $213. week (all fees included) We got a KIA we would have preferred a Windstar but none were left. The KIA worked fine though and was clean and in good shape. Check in and out went very smoothly no wait at all. For the price we paid I was happy with them and would use them again.:)

Haven't heard anything about L&M recently. Anyone used them within the last month? I have ressies with them in April.

We used them last week 3/9 - 3/16. Got a van - a KIA - it was in good shape. When we got to Orlando airport, most of the car rental counters were busy, except L&M. Took only minutes to do the paperwork and the car was easy to get to.

The return on Saturday was very easy and fast.

This was my first time with L&M and was a good experience. Having read all the negative posts about them before leaving, I booked a second reservation with Dollar and cancelled it as soon as we finished checking in at L&M. My charge was $159.99 for the week for the van, $31.99 for the extra day, $40 for an additional driver (a waste of money since my wife never drove the car once). It's the taxes and extra charges that add up - the final bill was $310.47. Still $40 better than the lowest I was able to get anywhere else.

Rick

When I rented from L&M in Jan I didn't have to pay for extra driver because we were married.
I wonder why you were charged for your wife?

I thought most rental companies didn't charge extra for spouses to drive. We certainly never were by any company.:bounce:

I just bid on priceline for June. I ended up with Avis 8 day in full size. I bid 17.00 day and with the tax and surcharges came to a total of 185.19.

We rented a minivan from L&M last week (3/9-3/16) for $191.94 pre-tax. This was about $50 less than the best price I could get anywhere else. We did have a backup reservation with Dollar in case we were unhappy with the car selection but did not need it. We had a choice of a Kia Sedona or a Mercury Villager and chose the Kia on the L&M employee's recommendation that it had more storage room. Our Kia had only 1,200 miles on it and was very clean etc. We decided we'd never buy the Sedona but it was fine for a rental.

Overall, I would recommend L&M as we had no problems with either the rental process or the vehicle and the price was very good. I tried to reserve a car for our trip next January but it is too soon so I guess I'll have to wait a few months for the opportunity.

:) :) :)
Rhonda

WDWSue and NHPM - thank you for pointing out the fact that a spouse shouldn't be considered an additional driver. I checked L&M's internet site and they specifically say that a spouse is not an additonal driver.

I have e-mailed L&M asking for a refund of the $40 (In my case, $65 Canadian) and will see what they say.

Thanks again.

[Love these boards for the help you get from people!]

Rick

I had a reservation with L&M for a minivan for a great rate which I passed on due to some of the negative posts here. I decided it wasn't worth the risk and I opted for a Dollar minivan with the built-in child seats. However, I've had a very significant problem with Travelocity in regards to my airline tickets and am wondering if the problem with L&M not honoring reservation rates made through Travelocity are solely a problem with L&M. Just a thought.

Sharon

Well guys, I am going for my 3rd L&M experience tomorrow. I will post and let you know how we made out. The ressie is for 2 minivans at 10am....

OK, gave L&M their third try yesterday. We had 2 ressies. One for me and one for friends. The agents were sweet and friendly. The problem, my ressie was not in the computer. The manager dealt with it, she WASN'T too pleasant at all!!!!!!! But "more with honey than vinegar" so I bit my tongue, within 10 minutes we were both driving away in Mercury Villagers. (BTW, I had my confirmation with me, and price was honored!) Cars are clean and under 5k miles on them. Once again, I will be glad to use them again, but hopefully I won't have to deal with the manager. (Must have been the one Gail H. had a run in with :D )

Ok, back to shangra-la~

We are here in WDW with our L&M rental. We were in the great Travelocity mess - ressie for full size at 97.50. When we got here, they did try to charge DH the alternate price (more than 190 more) but he told them very politely that if they wouldn't honor the 97.50 price we'd go elsewhere (had a Dollar ressie in reserve). Then they said OK!

We have a Mitsubishi Lancer with about 5K miles. It is a nice car - a bit smaller than I expected, but we got 7 bags in it (including a soft case of golf clubs).

We are very pleased, and will certainly use L&M again.

Well, returned the vans this morning. Once again no problems. Will surely use them again. There was a whole slew of NEW vehicles there today when I returned.

I'm glad to here some good experiences with L & M. We have a mini-van reserved for 15 days for $468, that is including all taxes. By far the best price from any rental company. I do have a back up ressie with National just in case. I'll let you all know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter