New last minute shoe help!

msinformation

Mouseketeer
I stupidly left my bag with my gymshoes at the gym the other day, and it has not been located. So no well-worn shoes! :guilty:

Problem is, we're leaving for WDW on Friday. I bought a new pair of shoes yesterday that I'm fairly happy with and I'm planning to wear them as much as I can before Friday. However, I work a desk job, so I don't spend much time on my feet. They're not going to get very broken in.

What can I do to try and avoid blister-y, painful disaster? Any way for me to break the shoes in faster? Any tips for remaining comfy in the parks?

msinformation said:
What can I do to try and avoid blister-y, painful disaster? Any way for me to break the shoes in faster? Any tips for remaining comfy in the parks?

Seriously - get yourself CROCS. They need no "break in" time.

If youre completly against these marvelous shoes.... try tossing those new shoes you got into the dryer - get them super hot, and wear them around - you should be able to stretch them quite a bit.

Good luck!

I wore sandals for a day then I broke out tennis shoes I hadn't even worn and I had no problems. They were comfortable though.

Another vote for crocs. I just got the sandals too and am thinking about getting some for each DS since they are so comfy!! :thumbsup2

You know, I really want to love crocs! I have a pair that I was wearing a lot, but I think they may not have enough arch support for me because I had some pain after wearing them for several hours. I am planning to take them with and wear them if the new gym shoes don't work, but I am not confident I can use them as my main pair of shoes. :guilty:

I'm so disappointed since I love the idea of Crocs and am trying to make them work for me!

My favorite walking shoe - New Balance WW575WT (predecessor is WW574WT), reasonably priced at Kohl's, only wore them a couple of times before our Disney trip. No pain, no blisters.

Good luck!!

I love my Teva Mush. I had only wore them a few times (like to the store) and they were so comfortable already. I wore my "broken in" Avia's for 2 days at DW and switched to my Teva's b/c of blisters with my tennis shoes. I suggest getting a pair of sandals. If the sole feels squishy when you touch it, it's a good chance it will be comfortable to walk around in. I guess I just perfer sandals over tennis shoes, and I just can't bring myself to wear those ugly Crocs, no matter what anyone says about them.

Jen

Search the forum for "Body Glide." Go to your nearest sporting good store and ask for it. It is often found in the hiking and camping section and is amazing at preventing blisters and chaffing of any kind.

gizfish said:
Search the forum for "Body Glide." Go to your nearest sporting good store and ask for it. It is often found in the hiking and camping section and is amazing at preventing blisters and chaffing of any kind.

Interesting! I've heard people talk about it but not for feet. Great suggestion.

And thank you to everyone for all their ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter