• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Kona menu?

albryant1

Earning My Ears
I have been searching the web for any news of the rumored update to the Kona Cafe dinner menu. Has anyone seen the changes? I am most interested in the updated kids' menu. We are eating at Kona for the first time in two weeks :hyper:

This was updated this month:

Dinner (Updated: 09/12)
Entree/Main Course
Kids' Picks: Choice of 1 Appetizer, 1 Entree, and 1 Dessert - Selection of appetizers: garden salad or chicken noodle soup. Selection of entrees: Macaroni & cheese, Hamburger, or Hot Dog. Selection of desserts: fruit salad or ice-cream sundae. Includes choice of Kids' juice, 1% milk, or bottled water. Soft drinks and french fries available upon request. - $8.59

Thanks, but it was updated earlier in September, and the new menu changes just happened last week. One Disboards member said the new menu no longer has the Ginger encrusted Ribeye, so I'm looking for a menu newer than the one posted on WDW Info, Allears, or Disney World.

Borrowed from a Dining review from this past weekend. This is the new one.

D3472F99-3954-4283-9F3E-DC03E0F3E96B-2117-000003057094CB06_zpse41264c5.jpg

D5BB5BFC-EAA7-4443-99F1-932024A6C00D-2117-0000030574EEED10_zps247d2a4d.jpg

GRRRR!
Another restaurant drops the Ribeye steak.

Disappointing.

I think SciFi actually added a Ribeye now and took off the ribs? So maybe they are shipping the Ribeyes to different restaurants. It's a new scavenger hunt....'where's the ribeye' LOL

Oh terrific...the two items we were going there for are gone. DH will be very unhappy about his tuna oscar:mad:

Looks like a table for 5 will be opening up for Christmas Eve - just when I thought it was all set! :(

I just love those sticky...wings...thank goodness they made the cut...

I always substitute the sticky rice for mashed potatoes. Did the mashed potatoes get thrown out with the ribeye? I don't see them on the menu but there is always hope I am wrong.

I'm disappointed-I had been dying to try the tuna oscar and was planning to try it on our next trip :( I guess we will just stick to Kona breakfast.

Can one request the pineapple bread at the Kona Island Sushi Bar? Because if so, I see no reason to visit the Kona Café itself anymore.

Sweet Melissa said:
Can one request the pineapple bread at the Kona Island Sushi Bar? Because if so, I see no reason to visit the Kona Café itself anymore.

You could ask, no guareentees though

albryant1 said:
I have been searching the web for any news of the rumored update to the Kona Cafe dinner menu. Has anyone seen the changes? I am most interested in the updated kids' menu. We are eating at Kona for the first time in two weeks :hyper:

Dined at Kona on Oct 3 and don't think we will be back. Too many removals. Prix fixe menu was gone, as was the ribeye, which meant that the Arlie mashed potatoes were gone as well. The au gratins they replaced them with we're not good IMO. Hubby and I both had the strip, which in the past ad been decent, this time not the case. Cooked medium, mine was charred on the outside and pretty pink on the inside. You'll think not bring over cooked it'd be fairly tender, but not the case. Both of our steaks were tough and chewy with pieces of sinew throughout. Bread was good, that was about it. Paid out of picket with no desserts and the Tab was around $75 with tip. Definitely not worth that. Not to mention the noise level with toddler melt owns and screaming infants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter