New JTA procedure

Just got back. Arrived at hs gate at 848 on a 9am opening day last week and the park was already open. Waited an hour in line with our kids and got first available at 2:40pm. The line was huge. It didn't appear they allowed early sign ups on our day.

But....you arrived roughly 20 minutes after the gates had likely been open which is why the line was so long when you arrived.

We were there at 7:30am on a 8am EMH day (4/24) the lines to get in were quite long we were let in at 8am there was no early enterance for JTA. We (myself and my 3 kids 11, 10, and 8) hustled back the sign ups and waited about 35 minutes and were able to sign up for any show 11am and later, we did the 4:10. We were able to ride Star Tours with no wait at 8:50am.

Can anyone please give me an update on recent Jedi signups? We have an 8AM pre rope drop ressie next week at H&V. I don't want to miss sign ups or get stuck behind a long line while eating breakfast. I got the reservation so we could get the jump on the crowds for sign ups like we did last year but it seems things have changed.
Will you please come back here after your trip and tell me how it worked out for you? We have the same rezzie and plans as you, but my trip isn't until June 8.

Will you please come back here after your trip and tell me how it worked out for you? We have the same rezzie and plans as you, but my trip isn't until June 8.
Yes I will report back. I am still trying to decide on whether or not I will keep that ressie. Last I heard was that they let early ADR's sign up before they ate. I hope this is the case.

My kids just did Jedi Training today...I was searching high and low for info about sign ups before our trip so I thought I would come and update @Loveslsu and @TheWorld101 and anyone else who was curious.

We had an 8am rezzie at H&V this morning. We got to the park at 7:30 and there were about 10 people ahead of us in the breakfast line. I was very nervous to get this sign up taken care of because it was a 'must do' for my 6 and 4 year old son and daughter!

I asked a CM if I would be able to sign up before breakfast and she said 'yes, no problem at all...you just head over there before you eat.' Much to my delight, they let us in at 7:45 and we strolled over and signed up before we checked in for our breakfast reservation. We had our pick of any time slot during the day for the training since we were second in line for the sign-up. They asked my kids a few basic questions and we headed back for our breakfast reservation...we still managed to be 5 minutes early for breakfast. Fabulous morning...I was very happy about it all :yay:

For those of you who are keen on getting your kids into JTA...I highly recommend the ADR at H&V. The CM I spoke with said that the ADR for breakfast is what people are doing to get into the JTA sign ups before anyone else. We saw massive lines heading to the sign ups at rope drop.

Hope that helps!!

My kids just did Jedi Training today...I was searching high and low for info about sign ups before our trip so I thought I would come and update @Loveslsu and @TheWorld101 and anyone else who was curious.

We had an 8am rezzie at H&V this morning. We got to the park at 7:30 and there were about 10 people ahead of us in the breakfast line. I was very nervous to get this sign up taken care of because it was a 'must do' for my 6 and 4 year old son and daughter!

I asked a CM if I would be able to sign up before breakfast and she said 'yes, no problem at all...you just head over there before you eat.' Much to my delight, they let us in at 7:45 and we strolled over and signed up before we checked in for our breakfast reservation. We had our pick of any time slot during the day for the training since we were second in line for the sign-up. They asked my kids a few basic questions and we headed back for our breakfast reservation...we still managed to be 5 minutes early for breakfast. Fabulous morning...I was very happy about it all :yay:

For those of you who are keen on getting your kids into JTA...I highly recommend the ADR at H&V. The CM I spoke with said that the ADR for breakfast is what people are doing to get into the JTA sign ups before anyone else. We saw massive lines heading to the sign ups at rope drop.

Hope that helps!!
Thank you so much!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :worship:

Hope that helps!!

Thank you so much for posting!
From what I've read, I know Disney seems to flip flop on stuff all the time. But crossing my fingers this is still the situation in July. Glad you had such a great experience!

I've seen several suggestions about doing JTA at night because the light sabers light up, but I'm wondering if it's possible during the summer. Does anyone know what time the last show is during the summer?

Hopefully we'll have continuous reports of people signing up before pre park breakfasts. We always do H&V lunch, but if it saves us an hour or whatever for sign up, we'll do the 8am breakfast I have booked on our HS day.

Does anyone know if I have a 8:35 H&V reservation, will we be let in early? Sort of like at MK, where they let anyone with an ADR prior to park open in at 7:45? It would be great to get there early and do JTA signups while waiting for our ADR time.

But....you arrived roughly 20 minutes after the gates had likely been open which is why the line was so long when you arrived.
Yes we had intended to arrive a half hour earlier but you know how it goes. We were pleased but wanted to alert folks not to wait to sign up. The line closed while we were in it.

My pleasure! And it was so fun! But incredibly hot...and the kids wait in the blazing sun for about 20 mins before they head on stage. Bring a bottle of water for the wait so that they can stay cool :)

This is a very useful thread! My son will be doing Jedi Training for the 1st time in a few weeks!!

So if there is a 9am park opening, what time do we need to arrive at the gates? We don't have any breakfast ADRs booked so I hope we won't be at a disadvantage for the signups.

Thanks for the updates! I hope this process continues and our PPO H&V ADR pays off to get into Jedi training!

Just an update. We were there this morning at 8:15 for a 9 am park open and they did not allow early sign ups without ADRs. We did NOT have an ADR and were not let into the park early specifically to sign up. The CM told me they don't do that (apparently not today at least). We were the 3rd in line at our tapstile and when we came around the corner, the JTA line was still being held on the main pathway. The group was led down to the sign up area about 5 mins later. There were 40ish groups (many had multiple kids) in line ahead of us and when I got to the front only the first two shows were filled so i think that people with ADRs could get in line early but they didn't get to sign up early. At lleast that was today's procedure. Your day's procedure may, and probably will vary. Today also did not have fireworks so apparently Disney didn't consider it a busy day which may have played into this (although there do seem to be a good number of people in the park). They did however open the park at 8:35 which seemed surprisingly early.

Oh that's disappointing. We are going there in ten days and I was really looking fed to signing up early.

Can anyone tell me which line gets to fight who? Front vs back circles when initially lining up? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter