New items 8/10!! Including Rereleased Green flip hat!

Ummm. Did you not read the rest of my post? Why do you think some people would rather have the yellow dress rather than the pink? Many people do care what color of something they have.
Ummm, yes. Are you sure you read mine? Some might want a yellow dress, some might want a pink one, I might want a a polka dot dress for my girl character. The majority of players couldn't care less what color comes out, as long as they can buy something new.

And the asking price is exactly why some people won't ever get something so rare. I will Never get Inferno because I won't meet the asking price set by everyone.
And while there probably was some scamming today, that happens a lot. But if you can't keep up with what's in the stores, then that's your problem and you have no business trading. You need to be educated before trading.
The asking price is not the probelm. Some might not be willling to put in the time, or do the work, or give up the items to put themselves in a position to get what they want, but that's on them. Pretty much anything in this game can be had with enough effort. Gee, I guess those people who were scammed today really do have a problem.

The asking price is not the probelm. Some might not be willling to put in the time, or do the work, or give up the items to put themselves in a position to get what they want, but that's on them. Pretty much anything in this game can be had with enough effort. Gee, I guess those people who were scammed today really do have a problem.

The asking price is the problem. When you have to trade more than what will fit in a single trade window, that is a problem. It leads to way to many scams. It's not just about working to get something. I've been playing almost 2 years. There are many things I do have and many I don't have. Those items I don't have are because the asking price is too much. Meaning, they want multiple trade windows of items for one item.

While I do feel for those that may have been scammed today, they really do need to learn about what's available before trading. If they educate themselves, then they won't be scammed in this way.

Looks like the powers that be are trying to evolve the game to be more like the Club Penguin game. In Club Penguin you earn coins by playing games. You use those coins to purchase clothing, furnishings, pets, pet food etc. There are catalogs that come out monthly, some seasonally to choose the items from. There are items that are rare, but they do return depending on the season, thus giving new players a chance to get them, provided they earn the needed coins. They have quests (missions actually). Pins also, which you can buy and some are free if you can find them. The big difference is you cannot aquire an item by trading, you must purchase items or find the free things or complete the missions. To do the missions, you must first become a secret agent. To do this your penguin must be at least 30 days old and pass the test. Basically everything is equal for everyone. What you have or don't have depends on the effort you put into the game, not on how long you have played. You can never steal anything or lose anything period. Game moderation seems quite efficient. I actually saw a player approached by two moderators, taken by the flippers, and brought to headquarters. Not sure what they do there but probably a nice talking to or some sort of Chinese water torture maybe lol. In my opinion VMK is a better overall and perhaps bringing back rare is a step in cutting down on scamming. Perhaps a first baby step, hopefully the first of many, necessary to make the game safer and fairer. Personally I would welcome these changes especially if the alternative is to terminate the game entirely. Just my opinion..... :)

The asking price is the problem. When you have to trade more than what will fit in a single trade window, that is a problem. It leads to way to many scams. It's not just about working to get something. I've been playing almost 2 years. There are many things I do have and many I don't have. Those items I don't have are because the asking price is too much. Meaning, they want multiple trade windows of items for one item.

While I do feel for those that may have been scammed today, they really do need to learn about what's available before trading. If they educate themselves, then they won't be scammed in this way.

This is going off topic, so we'll just agree to disagree and leave it that. The trading window is something for VMK to address, but big trades do happen in one window. They take work, but can be done. Every player can decide the amount of items they want to offer for any item, what may be too much for some may not be for others. All players should be educated regarding all items in VMK and know how to protect oneself and minimize the risk in all potential trading scams.

I am happy they re-released it, I have been trying to get one for a while now, can never seem to trade for one

Now have plenty to gift away :)

In my opinion VMK is a better overall and perhaps bringing back rare is a step in cutting down on scamming. Perhaps a first baby step, hopefully the first of many, necessary to make the game safer and fairer. Personally I would welcome these changes especially if the alternative is to terminate the game entirely. Just my opinion..... :)

Prior to your post, I knew almost nothing about Club Penguin, but you make a really good point. That's a smart way to do things and if VMK is becoming more like that, it definitely may not be a bad thing at all.

I actually saw a player approached by two moderators, taken by the flippers, and brought to headquarters. Not sure what they do there but probably a nice talking to or some sort of Chinese water torture maybe lol.

I love this part! Can you imagine if in VMK the mods could actually take you out of the game in front of everyone and announce to all exactly what rule you broke?

" So and So is being put in VMK lock down for (insert crime here)." :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yes that is exactly what happens lol, maybe the punishment is the embarassment of being carted of to "headquarters" LOL

My son plays World of warcraft, and let me tell you. Scamming is nothing on VMK compared to the other games. BUT I will say the other games are geared at teenagers not to include the little ones like VMK.

the thing about bringing back so many "rare" items in such a short time is it can screw up the balance of the game. Your points are all good ones, but I hope you dont have to start "saving" up for an inferno. Without any rare items how will you do it? IMO they are making the gap bigger not smaller when it comes to "rich" and "poor". heh, in the VMK economy they didnt hurt the "rich" they just gave a big whipping to the middle class. Flip hats really weren't that hard to trade for.

If they do bring back it all, well, then they changed the game as we know it. It will be a totally different audience who is playing it.

I still love the game @_@ , I dont hate Yavn (which I have seen on many other sites LOL), and the hosts still RULE!!!

I just hope they slow down a bit, unless their intention is to get rid of the games current economy system. In which case I will have to learn to deal with it.

All I have to say is thank God I only traded full Tron for my flip three months ago.. At least I don't feel like a total fool!!

Now if Minnie gets re-released I will cry!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I traded tons for rare for that not to mention magic.. OMG!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I think anything that was sold in the stores will be up to be re-released.. Park stuff will probably be safe.. ( So my bird will become more and more rare.. YAY!! )

I still say they should change the colors!! I would kill for a purple flip or a black gown!! Boo.yeah!!:woohoo:

i like the ideas you have, but i also like vmk releasing rare items :)

I think they should re-release everything. However, the problem is that in turn makes it darned near impossible to trade for Inferno, Stitch, Mansion quest, and such.

IMO they are making the gap bigger not smaller when it comes to "rich" and "poor". heh, in the VMK economy they didnt hurt the "rich" they just gave a big whipping to the middle class. Flip hats really weren't that hard to trade for.

I just hope they slow down a bit, unless their intention is to get rid of the games current economy system. In which case I will have to learn to deal with it.

These are my thoughts as well. It is making it even more difficult now to trade for those Inferno, Stitch, snowmen, etc items unless it ALL is rereleased. Think we had scams before? Now even more items will have to be offered in a trade for any high value items that are not rereleased.

Looks like all the "trading up" I've been doing in the past six months is for naught.

thats the reason I dont trust in game rare, because you never know when its coming back, eg. the tomorrowland pin, flip, pan ect.
and its also the reason i dont desire green flips at all.
at least in park items stay slightly rare at all times.

thats the reason I dont trust in game rare, because you never know when its coming back, eg. the tomorrowland pin, flip, pan ect.
and its also the reason i dont desire green flips at all.
at least in park items stay slightly rare at all times.

Even tho things can change in an instant. VMK has published several times that green flips will not come back. To me it was the only safe investment.

Of course they have the right to change their mind LOL. But its among few items to ever be stated by yavn in a newsletter to NOT come back.

What are your thoughts on Pins that have years printed on them, such as Holiday 2005 pin, Valentine's 2006 Tink Pin or Halloween 06 Pin. Do you believe that they would re-release these as well, or just create a new pin for that corresponding year.

i think they would make a new pin each year or at least change the years on them if still they looked the same

What are your thoughts on Pins that have years printed on them, such as Holiday 2005 pin, Valentine's 2006 Tink Pin or Halloween 06 Pin. Do you believe that they would re-release these as well, or just create a new pin for that corresponding year.

Those will never be re-released. The have the date right on them. They will always make new pins for the following years. Otherwise, they would have to change the artwork and therefore the look of the item.
This is one reason why I have been very cautious when trading mine away. But, those also have limited appeal for people. They will never be as valuable as Inferno.
Now, for those that just have the date in the name, those can be changed quite easily and then be re-released at any time.

...the thing about bringing back so many "rare" items in such a short time is it can screw up the balance of the game. Your points are all good ones, but I hope you dont have to start "saving" up for an inferno. Without any rare items how will you do it? IMO they are making the gap bigger not smaller when it comes to "rich" and "poor". heh, in the VMK economy they didnt hurt the "rich" they just gave a big whipping to the middle class. Flip hats really weren't that hard to trade for.

If they do bring back it all, well, then they changed the game as we know it. It will be a totally different audience who is playing it.

I still love the game @_@ , I dont hate Yavn (which I have seen on many other sites LOL), and the hosts still RULE!!!

I agree with your assessment about making the gap bigger between "rich" and "poor," as well as Green Reverse Caps not being too difficult to trade for anyway. As far as changing the game as we know it, they have been doing that since October with all of those costumes that came out...that nobody wants still. It's been okay, I guess, because now I don't feel the desire to get those rare items since they will all come out again eventually. I do miss that part of the game, but what can ya do...

I agree with your assessment about making the gap bigger between "rich" and "poor," as well as Green Reverse Caps not being too difficult to trade for anyway. As far as changing the game as we know it, they have been doing that since October with all of those costumes that came out...that nobody wants still. It's been okay, I guess, because now I don't feel the desire to get those rare items since they will all come out again eventually. I do miss that part of the game, but what can ya do...

Very true. I guess the real test is gray mansion this October right :) Actually now that I think about it October is a real big test. The DLR pumpkin test as well as the mansion test. Good thing I have nothing better to do than to find out ROFL.

...the thing about bringing back so many "rare" items in such a short time is it can screw up the balance of the game. Your points are all good ones, but I hope you dont have to start "saving" up for an inferno. Without any rare items how will you do it? IMO they are making the gap bigger not smaller when it comes to "rich" and "poor". heh, in the VMK economy they didnt hurt the "rich" they just gave a big whipping to the middle class. Flip hats really weren't that hard to trade for...

Very true. I guess the real test is gray mansion this October right :) Actually now that I think about it October is a real big test. The DLR pumpkin test as well as the mansion test. Good thing I have nothing better to do than to find out ROFL.
Well said all around there A.

The trading window is something for VMK to address, but big trades do happen in one window. They take work, but can be done.
These are getting increasingly more difficult to do as rare items are re-released. It's hard to imagine that once upon a time an extra space suit could have been the core of a good Inferno offer. Over and over again the ability to trade for it has flown out of reach, after players have worked hard to obtain the items they thought would help their offer.
I think they should re-release everything. However, the problem is that in turn makes it darned near impossible to trade for Inferno, Stitch, Mansion quest, and such. Hence why I still believe all of that should be sold in game for a large amount of credits, or do more real life pin sets like they did with the Pirate quest.
the thing about bringing back so many "rare" items in such a short time is it can screw up the balance of the game. Your points are all good ones, but I hope you dont have to start "saving" up for an inferno. Without any rare items how will you do it? IMO they are making the gap bigger not smaller when it comes to "rich" and "poor". heh, in the VMK economy they didnt hurt the "rich" they just gave a big whipping to the middle class.
These are my thoughts as well. It is making it even more difficult now to trade for those Inferno, Stitch, snowmen, etc items unless it ALL is rereleased. Think we had scams before? Now even more items will have to be offered in a trade for any high value items that are not rereleased.

Looks like all the "trading up" I've been doing in the past six months is for naught.
To all of the above; my sentiments exactly!

It's one thing to re-release items so that more players can enjoy them. But unless everything rare is made available, the trading power of most players is going to be diminished.
This is a perfect example! After the brisk trade in retired holiday items and costumes last year, many of us went to great lengths to stock up the next time around. Where is the demand this year? It's been over seven months now and I don't see it. To top it off, I had a player tell me the other day that those items don't have much value, since they will be coming out again soon.
I actually saw a player approached by two moderators, taken by the flippers, and brought to headquarters. Not sure what they do there but probably a nice talking to or some sort of Chinese water torture maybe lol.
I love this part! Can you imagine if in VMK the mods could actually take you out of the game in front of everyone and announce to all exactly what rule you broke?

" So and So is being put in VMK lock down for (insert crime here)." :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Wouldn't that be wonderful? Public humiliation!

On second thought, with the number of bans that end up being misfires, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all.....:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter