New iPhone

Mouser76

Earning My Ears
I just got an iPhone, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cool DVC/Disney apps. I've gotten one so far - DVC points ($.99). It's a quick, no frills points calculator. My husband and I will be there in a few weeks, and I'd like to know which ones are worth buying.

My DD has the wait times for the attractions.

Thanks for the links! Sorry, I didn't mean to repeat anything. :)

No problem. I just happened upon them myself. I love my iPhone but did not have any of the apps when I was last there in January. Can't wait to try some of them out in December!

There's a DVC Planner app for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It's called 'DVC Planner' and it gives one the following.

Required points
11 month and 7 month call dates
180 day and 90 day call dates for dining and events

The upinpoint maps for WDW are fun to look at. I also have the apps that others have already mentioned: WDW wait times, WDW Dining, Toy Story Mania, DVC Planner, and WDW Trivia. I use them to basically daydream throughout the day. It's also fun to search different WDW videos on youtube. I just saw a great BLT video done by an Orlando magazine.

I just got an iPhone, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cool DVC/Disney apps. I've gotten one so far - DVC points ($.99). It's a quick, no frills points calculator. My husband and I will be there in a few weeks, and I'd like to know which ones are worth buying.

Even without any Disney specifc apps, we found lots of uses for our iPhones at DL in August. Saw Tim Burton waiting for his wife and kids to get off Small World, so snapped a picture with iPhone. Without the photo, it probably would not have been so obvious that when we next saw him at D23 that he was wearing the same bright red shirt!

Listened to Pandora radio while waiting in line at TSMM. Saw a great live band at TL Terrace & used Wikipedia to find out their history while waiting for the train to take us to NO Sq to watch Famtasmic!

It has become such a part of our life so quickly that it was very weird when we had to give it up to security at some of the presentations last month at D23. I started to reach for it to settle the quetion of when B&B was first released to theaters when I remembered we no longer had it with us! -- Suzanne

Thanks for the info. DVC Planner must be new. It wasn't there last time I did a search for DVC. Check out DVC Points. It's pretty good, too.

I don't know why there aren't more things out there for the Blackberry.

I'm sticking with my Blackberry until I can get an iPhone from anybody but AT&T.

Until then, I'll be content with my iPod Touch.

I'm sticking with my Blackberry until I can get an iPhone from anybody but AT&T.

Until then, I'll be content with my iPod Touch.

Rumor has it that other carriers may be on the horizon. I was really hesitant about giving up my Verizon service in order to have an iPhone and I didn't switch until last fall. I haven't really had any major issues with AT&T so far and AT&T is actually better for travel in Europe, IMHO. If and when there is a choice of carriers I may or may not switch. Perhaps the coverage in my area is different than in other areas. I think the choice of networks can be affected by who has the best service in the areas a customer uses most often.
I almost got a Touch but I use the 3G a LOT, so the iPhone was a good choice for me. I do like only having to carry around one gadget.

There is an APP called Disney World Dining that lists all the dining menus with pricing including the quick service menus.

Until then, I'll be content with my iPod Touch

I also was not willing to go to AT&T and got an ipod Touch, just love it!!:love:

Hey guys and girls: thanks for all the information on apps for the IPhone. Guess what I've been doing this weekend??? :rotfl::rotfl:

I like the DVC planner and got a trivia one that is kind of cool and a few others for day dreaming in boring meetings :thumbsup2 they will just think I'm sending a text message :lmao::lmao:

Love these boards - so much information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter