• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Ideas for A Repeat Visitor

khardin2218

Earning My Ears
Any ideas for new for different/overlooked things to do for a family with small children, teens, parents, young adults and grandparent, at Disney world during the week before Easter? We love Disney world and have been many many times and are looking for some unique experiences or ideas for new things to do or see while attending during peak attendance times. We plan on doing our rides in the morning and having an afternoon to experience some new things we have never done before. Any ideas from some other Disney vets?

khardin2218 said:
Any ideas for new for different/overlooked things to do for a family with small children, teens, parents, young adults and grandparent, at Disney world during the week before Easter? We love Disney world and have been many many times and are looking for some unique experiences or ideas for new things to do or see while attending during peak attendance times. We plan on doing our rides in the morning and having an afternoon to experience some new things we have never done before. Any ideas from some other Disney vets?

Something I've never done is the drawing class at mgm. Definitely gonna try it next time we go. I'm also following this for other suggestions :)

We really enjoyed the drawing class, as well. We had a bit of a wait to get in, but it was nice to sit in the air conditioning and wait. :)

I'll be there at the same time.

Just today I moved my room from Bay Lake to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

So (in no particular order):

1.) Change to a different hotel that you've never tried.
2.) Dress up for a great night out for dinner at Victoria & Albert.
2a.) Try a meal at CA Grill/Ohana during fireworks.
2b.) Simply try any restaurant you've not yet gone to.:stir:
3.) Try one of the fireworks cruises for Illuminations or Wishes.
4.) Driving experience in a race car at Rick Mears.:scared1:
5.) Do one of the many tours that are offered throughout Disney.
6.) Cirque de Soliel/a movie/Disney Quest in Downtown Disney.
7.) Mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens.
8.) Universal Studios/Sea World.:confused3
9.) Be silly - every night celebrate someone's birthday.:cake:
9a.) Wear matching clothes.:laundy:
10.) Only go to shows/no rides.:dance3:
11.) Have a drink/cocktail at every country in EPCOT.:drinking1
12.) Only eat Mickey Ice Cream Bars for lunch.:eek:
12b.) Eat only the same food item at each restaurant and find the BEST.:thumbsup2

We're doing the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage on our next trip. It would get pricey though with a large group!

thanks for the input! We have eaten at most of the restaurants except Victoria and alberts. We did the pirates and pals fireworks voyage last visit and it was awesome. Any other ideas for crowd free way to see fireworks from a great view? has anyone done the pony rides at fort wilderness for children?

How about the archery classes at Ft. Wilderness or the Behind the Seeds tour? After 21 visits we still have yet to ride any of the Main St vehicles in the morning. Next time for sure!

How about the archery classes at Ft. Wilderness or the Behind the Seeds tour? After 21 visits we still have yet to ride any of the Main St vehicles in the morning. Next time for sure!

This! Last year we were in MK early for breakfast at Crystal Palace. One of the vehicles stopped and asked if we wanted a ride! The four of us jumped on and a photo pass photographer ran alongside our vehicle and took a ton of great pics! It was a great way to start our first vacation day :)

Yes! We need to ride them too. Always in such of a hurry, but this next trip we're slowing down!

We're headed to WDW Saturday and I was just thinking about the Main St. vehicles and wondering if they were still around, since I never really made an effort to ride them. It sounds like something new to do! What all is there? A horse drawn trolley and antique replica vehicles? Where to you get on them?

Have you tried one of the Agent P Adventures? They will be fun for most ages.

We've started adding something new every trip as well. This past year, we did:
  • Richard Petty ride along for DS16
  • segway tour at Ft. Wilderness for DH, DD17, and DS16
  • Archery for me, DD14, and DS12
  • Blizzard Beach (had PAPs, so it was included with the ticket)
  • Disney Quest (again, part of PAP)
  • walked around Art of Animation resort
  • saw Yee Haw Bob at POR

Disney is always adding something new, so we try and do/experience that.

Do you stop to experience all the streetmosphere? We love doing that, especially at DHS and Main Street USA.

While half the family was on the Segways, the rest of us walked around Ft. Wilderness. The kids played checkers on the front porch of Trail's End restaurant and played tetherball on the beach. You can also fish at Ft. Wilderness (don't know the rules/regulations/price, but lots of kids were doing that).

Have fun!

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game! We tried that last time for the first time, and it definitely adds a component to visiting the park. It made us stop and "see" things that we really hadn't paid attention to before. I'm going to try an Agent P adventure on my upcoming trip.

Boat rental on 7 Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake. Rent from a resort you have not stayed in before and explore the grounds a little bit-have lunch or something.
This is how I discovered The Wave at CR.
There is something about being out on the water there that is both really exciting and very calming at the same time. This has become a must-do (Sorry, Staci!) for me no matter how many people I am traveling with. The Montauk or Pontoon boat can take larger groups, or a searaycer for myself and DD8.
There are many discounts available for boat rentals too, thru AP or MYW packages or other means. It's not as expensive as I think it could be.

Have you tried the water parks and/or Disney Quest? We enjoy them so much that we are planning a summer trip of only WP/DQ with no theme park visits. We also enjoy exploring the resorts. On a future trip, we are hoping to rent bicycles at The Polynesian and maybe someday rent one of the small watercraft. I agree with you, it's nice to find something new to do on every trip!! Have a great time :goodvibes

In addition to the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game in the MK, there is another similar type adventure hunt in Adventureland. DD and I only had time to do a couple of locations on the map, but what we saw of it was fun.

Splitsville in DTD...not your ordinary bowling! Very fun!
My kids also love the water mice in the MK area~
Tea at the Grand Floridian

See who can find the most Hidden Mickey's. Teams can be fun.

Pin trading.

Pressed Coin collecting.

Rent surrey bikes and ride around the Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club area.

If you like spending time in Animal Kingdom, collect Wilderness Explorer badges.

khardin2218 said:
thanks for the input! We have eaten at most of the restaurants except Victoria and alberts. We did the pirates and pals fireworks voyage last visit and it was awesome. Any other ideas for crowd free way to see fireworks from a great view? has anyone done the pony rides at fort wilderness for children?

I always love going canoeing at fort wilderness, the canoes are very cheap so you should rent out a few. One year we brought waterballon fights from boat to boat. It was amazing!!! If you don't overfill them they only break if thrown in the boat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter