New Hours posted for May...good news or bad news?

WDWtinkbell1982

15 WDW trips and counting....
They just posted the new longer hours for the parks in May.

Does anyone think this is because they are just increasing park hours and this is a normal thing they do.....or because they anticipate bigger crowds?

This is the first time in almost 10 years we get to go in May. That is our prefered time to go because of the weather...and crowd level.

Just thought I would throw this out to see what you all might think!

Thanks for your thoughts....! :flower3:

If you have not been in May for 10 years, the crowds are going to be significantly higher than what you remember. It is still great weather--just be prepared to arrive at rope drop and make the best use of FP.

Oh my gosh, I was so upset when I read this thinking it would mean Wishes also would be later and too late for my kids to see, but according to the website Wishes is still at 10pm and the park stays open until 11. Which is still late, but on the borderline of doable.

If you have not been in May for 10 years, the crowds are going to be significantly higher than what you remember. It is still great weather--just be prepared to arrive at rope drop and make the best use of FP.

Thanks! I can only imagine! Others had to know about our family's little Disney "secret" huh? LOL

Oh my gosh, I was so upset when I read this thinking it would mean Wishes also would be later and too late for my kids to see, but according to the website Wishes is still at 10pm and the park stays open until 11. Which is still late, but on the borderline of doable.

Glad it was good news for you! :goodvibes

I do not think it is unusual for them to extend hours. I see this a lot it seems. I do think it will be busier this year because of FLE.

I do not think it is unusual for them to extend hours. I see this a lot it seems. I do think it will be busier this year because of FLE.

What is FLE? I'm going in May so I want to be prepared. BTW, is there some place on the boards that spells out what all the acronyms mean?? I can usually figure them out, but it sure would be nice for this type A to have some place to reference if necessary. I'm a newer member and want to learn how to use this site for the best functionality. Thanks!;)

What is FLE? I'm going in May so I want to be prepared. BTW, is there some place on the boards that spells out what all the acronyms mean?? I can usually figure them out, but it sure would be nice for this type A to have some place to reference if necessary. I'm a newer member and want to learn how to use this site for the best functionality. Thanks!;)

The new Fantasyland Expansion.

As for the abbreviations, check out this list: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

Not sure about rules of posting links to other sites. I found the change in park hours at another site - easywdw.com. If it is OK to put links in, someone let me know and I will add a link to where I found it.

I think this is the same update Josh did in early Feb., with one addition: DHS is open until midnight on Sat. May 4th. Looks like he added that Feb. 24th and I missed it.

Yep, checked easywdw, touring plans.com and the official WDW site, no changes. Can you pm a link to me please?

the hours almost always change the closer you get it depends on how many people book that week at disney resorts and crowd forecasts.. they always set it low way out and then increase the hours the closer you get

I don't think Wishes is ever later than 10:00, except for holidays like 4th of July or NYE.

The crowds in May will be higher than what you experienced 10 years ago, but still completely doable. Toy Story Mania in Hollywood Studios, the new Fantasyland things and Test Track are still the biggest fastpass items. But you should be just fine with everything else.
They always change things and make park hours later as it gets closer. Happens every year with ALL times of the year. We had it happen the end of January last year. They even announced during the day one day that the MK would be open later that night. We were surprised, because we had been saying how empty it was.
Have a great time!

The crowds in May will be higher than what you experienced 10 years ago, but still completely doable. Toy Story Mania in Hollywood Studios, the new Fantasyland things and Test Track are still the biggest fastpass items. But you should be just fine with everything else.
They always change things and make park hours later as it gets closer. Happens every year with ALL times of the year. We had it happen the end of January last year. They even announced during the day one day that the MK would be open later that night. We were surprised, because we had been saying how empty it was.
Have a great time!

Makes sense to me! Thanks for all the replies...will help us plan this trip!

So there are not actually any new hours posted, correct? Just the hours that were extended back at the end of January?

I am still confused.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter