New Hot Dogs at Casey's

I'm planning on going to Casey's this summer. I must say though...I shouldn't have read this thread! I had hot dogs for dinner last night and now I'm craving one again and it's only 8:30 am! I don't know if I can do a hot dog for breakfast so I guess I'll have to crave one until lunch time!

real hot dogs not pre packaged dot hogs like you get elsewhere. check out ted's hot dogs. and by the way there not $8 (rip off).

Disney does not use beef hot dogs. They are using a beef/chicken blend (mostly chicken). I am sure this menu revision does not herald the return of the beef hot dogs. I wouldn't hold out for a poppy seed bun either.

caseys corner at the MK has some new hot dogs.. They have added a chicago dog and a slaw dog to the menu. They both are about $8.00. I was walking past caseys and noticed the menu but didnt try one.

I have to try this place one of these times.... We always walk by it, and my mouth always waters at the thought of eating here...

I'm planning on going to Casey's this summer. I must say though...I shouldn't have read this thread! I had hot dogs for dinner last night and now I'm craving one again and it's only 8:30 am! I don't know if I can do a hot dog for breakfast so I guess I'll have to crave one until lunch time!

We once flew out of Flint Michigan and our flight was at 7 am, but we were delayed by an ice storm until 5 pm that afternoon... it was Chili Dogs for breakfast that day... Uggh... :rotfl: ... That was all they had... Talk about heartburn.

A mickey mouse ice cream sandwhich at 10 pm at night, never tasted so good after that day!

We once flew out of Flint Michigan and our flight was at 7 am, but we were delayed by an ice storm until 5 pm that afternoon... it was Chili Dogs for breakfast that day... Uggh... :rotfl: ... That was all they had... Talk about heartburn.

A mickey mouse ice cream sandwhich at 10 pm at night, never tasted so good after that day!

anyone who eats chili dogs for breakfeast rates a 10 in my book. now a slice of cold pizza from the ice box and a cup of coffee and you hit it out of the park.

real hot dogs come from the north east only. if your ever get the chance sahlen's hot dogs are the best.

mustard only. what does chicago know about hot dogs... they got the cubs.

I know you guys have the best hot dog buns. We have relatives in Mass. & I love eating hot dogs on those buns. I wish we could get those here in Texas.

DW loves Chicago-style hot dogs. Me? Mustard only please.

caseys corner at the MK has some new hot dogs.. They have added a chicago dog and a slaw dog to the menu. They both are about $8.00. I was walking past caseys and noticed the menu but didnt try one.

Just as long as they don't change the standard hot dog on us. It's a staple of our family whenever we go.

Can not remember if they still had it in December, but here is the link for it.

http://www.datildoit.com/hotstuff.htm

It is the Dat'l Do-it Hellish Relish (at least this is what I was told it was)

We ordered it and my DH said it tasted just like Casey's ;)

Kim

Kim--thanks so much! Just got back yesterday, they did not have it--cast member told me they got rid of it about 7 months ago. I was bummed! Hotdog was not the same without it!

June

You know the new hot dogs in Tommorowland? Well I saw those huge soft doughy white buns and I wanted a hot dog right then and there but one without all the funky toppings. I had no problem paying the price just skip the extra stuff. The CM said that was impossible...when I kep questioning her as to why she said they are all ready put together.....

So I guess it isnt fresh?

"Fresh" is a relative term... as in "fresh" kim-chee.

$8 for a hot dog is highway robbery, especially since it is NOT a Vienna all-beef (or Nathans, or Hebrew National, or even Oscar Mayer), and it is NOT on a premium bun...

There is mark-up, and then there's extortion. This sounds more like extortion.

Soo, the best hot dog I've ever had was a Colombian Hot Dog I had at a restaurant called La Moon in Miami.

They should serve that thing at Casey's.

1 Hot Dog
pineapple
bacon
crushed potato chips
mayo
ketchup
raspberry sauce
mustard
1000 Island Dressing
and a quail egg

it's awesome. It was on Man v. Food, I think.

I saw that episode!! That thing looked amazing!!! :love: It's on my bucket list to try one. :)

Hasn't Disney ever heard of 'If it aint broke don't fix it". First It was changing the rolls ,now its adding/changing the Hot dog. There are just some foods that aren't meant to be made/eaten healthy and the Hot dog at Casey's is one of them! Maybe I'm wrong to say/think this, but If Walt was in charge there is no way this would happen. While he believed in advances and making things better, he also believed in nostalgia and how things are experienced . And Casey's Corner is one where nostalgia being experienced is important.

You know the new hot dogs in Tommorowland? Well I saw those huge soft doughy white buns and I wanted a hot dog right then and there but one without all the funky toppings. I had no problem paying the price just skip the extra stuff. The CM said that was impossible...when I kep questioning her as to why she said they are all ready put together.....

Where in Tomorrowland and what are the funky toppings?:confused3
Details please.
I can't imagine them being pre-dressed without the bun getting soggy and everything turning into a disgusting mess.

Where in Tomorrowland and what are the funky toppings?:confused3
Details please.
I can't imagine them being pre-dressed without the bun getting soggy and everything turning into a disgusting mess.

By Astro Orbiter, they have a taco dog, reuben dog and a philly cheesesteak dog.

Picture all three items as their own meal and then throw it on a hot dog.

Now, in addition to the Chicago style hot dog. If they offer a Maxwell street polish or a pork chop sandwich, I am soooo there............

And a real Italian Beef sandwich on a Turano bun with Green Peppers and dripping in italian beef gravy (maybe a little shredded mozzarella on top - sure miss those when we are in FL!

By Astro Orbiter, they have a taco dog, reuben dog and a philly cheesesteak dog.

Picture all three items as their own meal and then throw it on a hot dog.

The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland. :thumbsup2

When I lived in IL, there was a hot dog shop right down the street from our house when I was 11. They had taco dogs. Soooooo good, but they were in a crunchy taco shell, not on a bun. LOL I tried to make my own a few years back and it was still pretty good. :confused3

Our experience is that these new dogs makes the wait for food at Casey's MUCH longer than it used to be. Paying and getting drinks....quick and like normal....actually getting your hands on the food....longer wait.

We went there over the weekend expecting to get the usual hot dogs that we have loved and enjoyed over the years and we were very disappointed.

First off, the buns are too big for the hot dog. They are not steamed and wrapped up like thy used to be to keep them warm. So when you get them, and by the time you find a place to sit down, they are rather cold not enjoyable. The buns are just too big for a regular hot dog with just mustard. I can see them wanting to have them that big when you order it with all that stuff on it, but for a plain hot dog, it is too big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter