new horseshoe saloon show...

Gupsmom

<font color=009999>The Tag Fairy works in mysterio
Anyone know when it's scheduled to open?

Thanks...
Jess

Better question, "anybody even know what it is yet?" Has this moved beyond the "rumored show starring Toy Story characters" stage yet?

This one irritates me because it seems like little would have to be done to the interior of the Horseshoe in order to retrofit it to a new show. Seems that the recently closed show could have run up to a date very close to the opening of the new show. Smells of cost cutting at this point. Particularly if there is a long delay between shows.

Why would a Toy Story themed show be put in a Frontierland setting? Isn't this the type of thing Walt wanted to avoid when he built the utilidors?

I don't think cost cutting was the issue. This venue basically required only a handfull of people to operate, plus it had food service to offset some costs. I gotta believe a new rubberhead show will be more expensive to operate then the existing show, plus I think I read they dropped the food service. Guess only time will tell.

Originally posted by stanley
Why would a Toy Story themed show be put in a Frontierland setting? Isn't this the type of thing Walt wanted to avoid when he built the utilidors?
Think Toy Story 2 and "Woody's Round-up." Western theme with Jesse and the old Prospector. Hence, the Frontierland synergy.

:earsboy:

For what its worth, the rumor at wdwmagic specifically said they had no word of any replacement.

I echo gcurling's question...is this anything more than an unsubstantiated rumor? Whether or not there is going to be at least some kind of replacement has a lot to do with whether the "not a cost cutting move" argument carries any weight.

From the original thread about the change of shows, wasn't the Toy Story theme already announced by Disney ? I was under the impression this was fact,not rumor.

What ever led you to believe that current management cares about something like this?

I guess it makes sense in a weird sort of way. We noticed that Buzz is constantly out in Tomorrowland now and uses the queue area of the old Timekeeper attraction as his staging area. I do hope that a show is planned for the Horseshoe and that it doesn't become just another meet and greet.

I was on the original thread that somehow linked the Horseshow with Toy Story.....just a rumor. If you get on another current thread for DS, you'll see that TS is now linked with the H & V...go figure...does appear that TS would be an excellent choice for a character meal. But the park it will be in is purely speculation at this point.

by the way, I'm still experiencing problems with my disboards ability to post/read.
I get 1>and a white screen when I send a reply the first time and alot of codes/numbers/etc when I switch forums. I gave up replying after losing a couple last night.
This has been going on since Monday. Anyone know what's up??
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by dzneelvr
by the way, I'm still experiencing problems with my disboards ability to post/read.
I get 1>and a white screen when I send a reply the first time and alot of codes/numbers/etc when I switch forums. I gave up replying after losing a couple last night.
This has been going on since Monday. Anyone know what's up??
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

This is a problem for me too and many others. It's been brought up on the Community Board quite a bit and from my understanding "they're working on it".

Gee! I miss the original show which if you recall was so popular it required reservations if you wanted to see it.

How long has it been since it was the original show and required reservations - I never paid too much attention to it, and I don't remember when it was changed...I think I remember hearing one time that the original show at disneyland held the record as the longest running live show, or something like that.

A double quote for land-baron:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What ever led you to believe that current management cares about something like this?

On the contrary, y'all, I've long wished that Woodie, Jessie, Bullseye and the roundup had a home in Frontierland, just as Buzz does in T-Land. I can't think of a better fit, to be honest -

DR

I've thought long and hard on this one, as well. I think the idea of the Roundup characters makes sense. It would be a great addition. What I'll miss most are the special shows during the Christmas Party, though.

My chief concern is capacity. This should prove (if it happens) to be a very popular show. The Horseshoe just can't hold very many people.

My chief gripe is that it appears that the Horseshoe will be closed for a while until (better said "if") a new show surfaces. Why? Seems opportunistic rather than strategic.

My chief gripe is that it appears that the Horseshoe will be closed for a while until (better said "if") a new show surfaces. Why? Seems opportunistic rather than strategic.
I'm still waiting on a replacement for 20K......

"My chief concern is capacity. This should prove (if it happens) to be a very popular show. The Horseshoe just can't hold very many people."

Because the previous show was based on three "human" charactors, the show had very limited show times (the cast can only do so many shows per day/week/month/etc). With the rubberheads the show could be run virtually every hour,seven days a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter