New HM Queue Open Yesterday

They got rid of Fastpasses at least 5 years ago because it wasn't needed. I don't anticipate it will be needed again.

I'd take the 60 minutes with a grain of salt. If people were loitering checking out the queue, that would greatly inflate the wait time.

Well, When I was down there last week I was in a line with a posted 45min wait. I didn't really time it though, but the line started up about the Liberty Bell exit, did a couple switchbacks, then went down the Liberty Bell exit, ran along the dock and up the old Keelboat Queue, thru the HM gate, around the fountain (by the hearse), then did a couple switch-backs under the awning. It was definately the longest line I recall seeing for it.

That said... it could've been 40-45min, but it didn't feel that bad since the line does constantly move.

Hmm..some of its kinda neat..I just dont think Ill stand in a line to touch the instruments..LOL and I agree the busts look ridiculous..

wish instead of doing all this they would just decorate HM for halloween like disneyland does..

That being said HM is one of my faves and I do look fwd to riding it again, I dont mind a line but I cant remember the last time I really had to stand in one for HM..

Well, When I was down there last week I was in a line with a posted 45min wait. I didn't really time it though, but the line started up about the Liberty Bell exit, did a couple switchbacks, then went down the Liberty Bell exit, ran along the dock and up the old Keelboat Queue, thru the HM gate, around the fountain (by the hearse), then did a couple switch-backs under the awning. It was definately the longest line I recall seeing for it.

That said... it could've been 40-45min, but it didn't feel that bad since the line does constantly move.

It's currently very busy down there from what I understand due to Spring Break which probably has something to do with it as well, but super long lines at HM seem to be a thing of the past in general.

Is the queue wheelchair accessible? I love the HM but I hate the way accessibility is handled there. I get pulled off to the side fairly early but then wait for a long time in a second line. Usually I see people who were in line with me leaving before I get sent in. Plus I always have to skip the stretching room.

I'd love the line to be mainstreamed now. :thumbsup2

I'll find this out tomorrow. My DW is 32 weeks pregnant and will be mostly in a wheelchair so that she doesn't overdo it. In December it was pretty busy and we got through the line rather quickly with the wheelchair. We missed the stretching room and we won't likely see it again until our December 2011 trip.

They got rid of Fastpasses at least 5 years ago because it wasn't needed. I don't anticipate it will be needed again.

I'd take the 60 minutes with a grain of salt. If people were loitering checking out the queue, that would greatly inflate the wait time.
I was there the second week in December, during what was supposed to be the "slow season." There was a 45 minute wait for HM. We were surprised because we'd been there in September the year before and there was no wait. I wonder if the cold weather had anything to do with it?

I was there the second week in December, during what was supposed to be the "slow season." There was a 45 minute wait for HM. We were surprised because we'd been there in September the year before and there was no wait. I wonder if the cold weather had anything to do with it?

I was actually there the first week...when I looked, it was only 20 minutes, but that may have been earlier in the day. When we rode, we were backdoored due to my DFiL on his ECV, so I'm not sure the actual wait time then.

Over several years though at various different times of the year, at least since the 2007 refurb, I can't recall waiting outside more than 20 minutes.

Note that in slower times they might use only one stretching room, which would make the wait time longer.

Hmm, I will have to wait to pass judgement on our next trip. I have to at least try it out first.

How many rides/attractions have interactive queues? How many are in line to get interactive queues?

The only other "full blown"(Space Mountain has some "video games") Interactive Queue in Magic Kingdom is Winnie the Pooh.

It is not known,at this time,if the new Peter Pan Queue will be interactive,but it would seem there is an excellent chance.:)

The only other "full blown"(Space Mountain has some "video games") Interactive Queue in Magic Kingdom is Winnie the Pooh.

It is not known,at this time,if the new Peter Pan Queue will be interactive,but it would seem there is an excellent chance.:)

I'd take video games as "interactive". WTP's queue could be called a "play area queue"...

Haunted Mansion's new queue area has some interactive elements as well, which is currently undergoing soft openings.

The busts remind me of the portraits in the stretching room. They seem to have the same style.

Glad to see that there are more people excited about this change than there are people that are skeptical about the change. I'm looking forward to it myself.

This is interesting to me. There is always a HUGE line for this ride at DL!

So I get up to the y-junction and go right instead of left so I miss the new queue area.:mad::mad::mad:

The new area is wheelchair accessible and you can maneuver through the entire queue line via the wheelchair. You no longer get to miss the pre show.

I was actually there the first week...when I looked, it was only 20 minutes, but that may have been earlier in the day. When we rode, we were backdoored due to my DFiL on his ECV, so I'm not sure the actual wait time then.

Over several years though at various different times of the year, at least since the 2007 refurb, I can't recall waiting outside more than 20 minutes.

Note that in slower times they might use only one stretching room, which would make the wait time longer.

I never knew that there was more than one stretching room.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter