New Here

JakeAndHooksMom

Queen of My Castle
Hi all! I thought I had joined last year when planning a WDW trip, but apparently I was only a reader. :)

This time I have a question so I really did join! I can't seem to start a new thread in the Be Our Guest area so maybe someone who knows the answer will see this.

We finally got an ADR for BoG and I'm curious what comes with the free dining TS credits for dinner. Do we get soup/entree & dessert? Or do we have to choose between soup and dessert?

This is out first time at BoG and our first time with the dining plan.

TIA!

Only an entree, non-alcoholic drink, and a dessert. They don't usually let you choose. Besides usually you're too full for more anyways!

The DP doesn't include an appetizer:sad2: Lunch and dinner at CS or TS include items pp listed:thumbsup2 If you want to add soup or another appetizer you have to pay OOP for that item.

You also have to add gratuity at TS restaurants out of pocket.

TS Dining Plan doesn't cover appys or alcohol. It's entree, non-alcoholic beverage and dessert. The Dining Plan does cover sales tax, but not tip. They have calculations on your receipt for suggested 18% tip and (maybe) 20%, to make math easier for you.

BoG has a nice onion soup appy, vegetarian stock. But I think you'll be full without an appetizer. Entrees usually always have a veg and a starch side. You could ask for a bottled water instead of dessert. Some places I have asked for a cappuccino instead of dessert and got it. BoG might say OK to either, but I'm not sure. Or you could have them box dessert to-go. BoG has a dessert called the "grey stuff," and a grey stuff cupcake. Everyone says it's very good, and we're trying it on our next trip.

You can't swap your dessert for anything else, it has to be a dessert. You may be able to get a substitute dessert like fruit, but you can't trade it for soup.

The deluxe dining plan includes an appetizer at TS lunch and dinner, but the regular plan does not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter