New Here - Want Resort Advice

trauva

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm brand new - just found this place :) I found out that I need to go to a work conference at the Contemporary next April, and with the timing of the conference, I can tack on some days before the meeting to spend in Disney with my husband and my son, who will be 4 at the time. The conference is at the Contemporary, and I can get the meeting rate for the dates we're considering staying (about 250 a night including tax). I know that I can purchase passes at a discount as well, but I'm not sure what my options are. So, would I be best off doing 4 nights at the Contemporary meeting rate and buying my own passes at the discount, or is there a moderate or value that will be better/more enjoyable for us at the same or lower rate?

I really don't want double beds, which I know knock out most of the hotels.. Thanks in advance!

I would definitely grab that convention rate and discounted passes! No doubt! :D You're not going to find a better option than that. The Contemporary is amazing and your 4 year old son is going to FLIP when he sees the monorail going through the resort. :)

Definitely just stay put at The Contemporary! Especially for that price! Moderates aren't much less than that and you get so much more bang for your buck at The CR. Not the least of which is the monorail bing right there and being withinv walking distance to the MK. Grab that deal while you can!

Perfect! I locked in the reservation this morning, but was second guessing myself. I didn't see a huge savings going to another hotel, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thank you!

Hi! I'm brand new - just found this place :) I found out that I need to go to a work conference at the Contemporary next April, and with the timing of the conference, I can tack on some days before the meeting to spend in Disney with my husband and my son, who will be 4 at the time. The conference is at the Contemporary, and I can get the meeting rate for the dates we're considering staying (about 250 a night including tax). I know that I can purchase passes at a discount as well, but I'm not sure what my options are. So, would I be best off doing 4 nights at the Contemporary meeting rate and buying my own passes at the discount, or is there a moderate or value that will be better/more enjoyable for us at the same or lower rate?

I really don't want double beds, which I know knock out most of the hotels.. Thanks in advance!

OK, can I come to your conference with you?

$250 per night at the CR????? Grab it quick! That is an awesome deal for one of the top three resorts in all WDW, IMO! The only resorts that would come close to that would be the Poly or GF and the rates there would be about twice what you are paying. If the passes are available at a discount, I would definitely check it out, too. These kinds of savings aren't always available.

Lucky you! Enjoy!

Am so jealous!!! I would love to stay there but the rates were outrageous!! So you are getting a great deal and I can't imagine walking to the MK!

The passes are apparently 10% off, and I get a bonus feature as well (mini golf, water park, etc.)... I'm just trying to find the "catch" :)

There is no catch.... grab it while you can. That's a fantastic deal to stay at the Contemporary. Have fun!!

There is no catch. That's a pretty standard convention rate for CR and all convention tickets are 10% off and include the bonus feature. I went to a conference at CR last November and got the same deal. It was awesome. My DH and DS also came along and went to DHS while I was at the conference and we all attended MVMCP. We had so much fun!

You may want to put in a room request though. We ended up in a garden wing room, which was fine, but if you can get a Tower room, I think they are better located.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter