• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New here! Looking into planning our first family trip

cararae9

mom to 2 * Stepmom to 5
I've been a reader, for awhile but I thought I would jump in
I am planning our first family trip in Sept 2014
I have been to Disney when I was much younger a few times and been to Disneyland many times, but am excited to take our family!
My fiancee and I will be bringing our 5 youngest kids ... at the time of the trio they will be 10,11,12,14 and 16 (our 2 oldest will be in college and not coming with us) ... so 7 of us for hopefully 8 days, 6 Disney and 2 Universal
I will need some help planning! :)

I've been a reader, for awhile but I thought I would jump in
I am planning our first family trip in Sept 2014
I have been to Disney when I was much younger a few times and been to Disneyland many times, but am excited to take our family!
My fiancee and I will be bringing our 5 youngest kids ... at the time of the trio they will be 10,11,12,14 and 16 (our 2 oldest will be in college and not coming with us) ... so 7 of us for hopefully 8 days, 6 Disney and 2 Universal
I will need some help planning! :)

:welcome: to the DIS! Glad you decided to stop lurking. :teeth:

You have lots of time to plan - why don't you come join us over on the 2014 Dates thread?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047545

Awesome! Planning is half the fun. I found the Unofficial Guide to WDW to be a really great resource. Their touring plans really work for WDW.

I also encourage you to let the kids help plan. Request the free planning DVD from Disney. Let the kids explore the Disney website. My husband and I plan the lodging, transportation, and tickets, but our kids plan most of the daily activities. They are 12 year old twins.

Sometimes teens can be surly (shocking, right?) and if they are involved in the planning, they are more likely to have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter