New here--autograph book question.

mom2kazkids

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I am new to this board on the DIS, and am looking for ideas to create autograph books for my kids DD 5 and DS 6 when we go in May 2006. I am getting CM 7x7 albums, with coordinating disney packs. I was thinking of makinfg the books with the kids before we go and then doing the photos and autographs in the park to add later.

What I was wondering was instead of taking the album with us would it work to get a spiral bound memory book from a store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby to have the characters sign in, then mount the autographs with coordinating boarders in the album. I was thinking like a 4x5 size book.

I was thinking then that before we go I would have the primary characters pages done (Princesses, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and so forth) then have blank pages to finish when we came home for characters that I did not think of, or plan for.

Please give me feedback, I have 7 months until our trip and I want to have fun passing the time with the kids.

Barb

I used the CM 7x7 albums for a autograph book as well but did not bring them to WDW with us. I pre-cut various colored CM paper into rectangles - about 6 per sheet that I took with me for the characters to sign. I bought a cheap small clip board at walmart that I would put the paper on when my DD handed it to the character. Some of the characters commented on how easy it was to sign because they weren't looking for a page to sign and had something sturdy to write on as well. I would keep the paper in a ziplock bag and each night I would take out the autographed pages and replenish the supply. I also used a bold round tip pen which seemed to be easier for the characters to use.

I used CM paper because I knew it would be touching my photographs on some pages and didn't want to risk damaging the photos. I get a little paranoid sometimes! :rolleyes1

I got this idea from my CM consultant who actually didn't bring enough paper herself and had to find a local consultant who was willing to bring some more paper to her hotel!

Good luck and Happy Scrapbooking!!

My autograph gathering was similiar to attagirl's. I pre-cut coordinating paper for my layouts in index card sizes. I then stored the papers in a sturdy plastic coupon sized organizer with a bold marker. When we saw a character I took out the color of paper I wanted, put it on the back of the organizer, and the character was able to hold it in their hand to sign the paper. At the end of the day, I removed the signed papers and stored them in a safe folder. Gathering character's autographs is always one of my favorite things to do at WDW. :daisy:

I cut 6 x 6 paper in all different colors and just had them sign the paper. Now I will make the album now that I am home. I didn't want to do it ahead because I had no idea who we would get.

We got Mickey 3 times, Minnie 3 times, different people like Pinocchio, Baloo, etc. It will help me get over my vacation withdrawals to make the book. Have fun.

I made both my DD's their own autograph album with their picture and each character from our first trip to DW. Our second trip they each got a DW ABC book...A for Ariel, B for Baloo, etc. I put those characters autographs I had that corresponded with the alphabet letter and then I had to be creative on a few of them. For example: My oldest did get Koda's autograph for K, but my youngest was too scared. So the youngest has a picture of herself for her name - Kate.

This way they have 2 autograph albums from our 2 visits that are different enough to be interesting. I have no idea what I am going to do for our upcoming trip!

I cut out the large sizzix tags in various colors and put them on a ring. We took four different sharpie colored markers and it all fit in a plastic bag. I tried to coordinate colors with characters (red for Mic & Min, green for Ariel). This worked out great and now I can put those in the autograph album (a 7x7 spiral bound book). So much easier than taking the whole book.

kadaten said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I see many have made their autograph books using the CM 7x7 book. Has anyone had success making a book using the harcover autograph books from Dollar Tree? The paper isn't as heavy as card stock, and I'm wondering if the pages can handle the addition of scrapbooking papers (Paper Pizazz). Someone had pics where they only covered the corner of a paper to allow for the character to sign - might be a way to go about my creation.
At this point I'm concentrating on the cover. I picked up Disney (Mickey) papers and stickers and I'm creating the layout in my head. I can't wait to make it, and hope it doesn't end up a disaster.

CM paper? I'm guessing this is an abbreviation for scrapbookers, but could someone help me out please?

I'm also subscribing to this and other threads like it as the kids told me they are very interested in getting the autographs. Is it normal for an 11yo boy to want to do this too?? Shoot, it's Disney right, I'm betting most anything goes! LOL

Sheri

SheriN said:
CM paper? I'm guessing this is an abbreviation for scrapbookers, but could someone help me out please?

I'm also subscribing to this and other threads like it as the kids told me they are very interested in getting the autographs. Is it normal for an 11yo boy to want to do this too?? Shoot, it's Disney right, I'm betting most anything goes! LOL

Sheri[/QUOTE

CM stands for Creative Memories--they are a consultant based scrapbooking company

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter