New Haunted Mansion queue pictures

I could almost promise you there will be a photo opp added to HM. The only other thing that's missing is a dedicated merch shop at the exit. Surely that small shop just at the exit (there's a lot of kitchen stuff there now) would fit the bill. As popular as this attraction is, it is woefully under-represented in the merch area.:confused3

Ooooo....I hope that you are right. I would love for them to take pictures and have more HM merchandise to purchase.

Ooooo....I hope that you are right. I would love for them to take pictures and have more HM merchandise to purchase.

It would be cool...maybe the people who worked in the shop could be dressed like the people who let you into the house.

We were there 2/25-3/1 and everything was obviously covered. As I was taking a pic of Mr. Toad in the Pet Graveyard, a CM came up to us and told us that we need to come back when they're done with the renovations because the whole entrance is going to be interactive and really awesome. That's all he said. We were very thrown off by not seeing our hitchiking ghost with us- but I agree that could be a cool picture op!! (other than the ones I have of us and our ghost ;)).

just got back from a week down there, and i have some interesting hopes. Somethings i noticed.

as it looks was mentioned earlier, It appears that between Thursday night and Friday morning the constructions walls blocking the view from the queue area into the new graveyard were removed. They also placed a new dividing wall in the center of part of the queue that has one side continuing straight past the new addition, and the other side which funnels you into the new crypt area. The "new side" was blocked by several plants, but you could still see into the new area.

I asked a CM about when it would open based off the changes overnight, and she told me that the only thing they were told is that they are doing testing and it should open in the next month.

Also noticed:

The hitchhiking ghost section, you can see a pair of cameras now poking thru holes cut in the wall abover where each mirror was located. (and above the current curtain). There is also a big infrared lighting bar using LED's above the camera location, which would likely be used to light the doombuggies passing by. Personally, I don't know what to expect, but honestly i'm hoping if they do something animated it doesn't look so cartoony (casper-ish?) as the current animations. There was just something about the old figures that the new animations are lacking.

I also was able to see into the "servant quarters" area used to move wheelchair guests between the ride exit and the stretching rooms when i walked past on Friday. It looks like something is going on in there too since I it looked like the walls were all covered by black curtains.

Technically if it is done electronically the computer could place the ghost in specific locations in the buggy. They could also rotate though ghost images...one could have his arm around your shoulders, once could be reading, one could be holding a camera like he is a guest and so on. I sure they will still remain "cartoonish" if they make them too "real" looking you know somebody along the way will get scared and thing it is going to actually follow them home... Not all people exercise reasonable common sense now-a-days...

Eee - I hope the new line is open by March 25th, as that's the only day my parents will be at MK.

I also hope all the other bits are done by April 14th (our last day)

Figured i'd share the pics I managed to grab Friday.

First, pics taken from the Liberty Bell

DSCN5276.jpg

DSCN5277.jpg

DSCN5275.jpg

DSCN5279.jpg

Now, Stuff taken from the line itself.

Here's the new "dividing wall" i mentioned.

DSCN5239.jpg

DSCN5236.jpg

And finally... the pics I took over the wall as the line moved.

DSCN5240.jpg

DSCN5241.jpg

DSCN5242.jpg

DSCN5243.jpg

Thanks for the update. Am I mistaken or does it seem like it's near complete? Is there any chance that this is done in 26 days from now?

Thanks for the update. Am I mistaken or does it seem like it's near complete? Is there any chance that this is done in 26 days from now?

Based off what i saw, and what they CM told me when I asked about the overnight removal of the walls.... i'd say it's a fairly safe bet.

Could it be possible that the camera's at the end taking pictures might be making you look like a ghost:scared1:

The latest pictures just look confusing to me. I assume that it's because the queue will wind back and forth now. This is good because people being all jammed up together always seemed a little messy.

I love the look of the hillside.

I am surprised there has been little fanfare or any date announced for the new opening.. maybe some sort of soft opening - hopefully by march 26 :)

Any word on if Leota's tombstone is returning?

Not sure, I'd hope so though. The pictures in the article I just posted above, shows that some of the old tombstones are still there.

This was apparently just a preview of the new queue, and I believe I read somewhere else that it's going to be closing again for some final touches, so maybe they'll add back other stones if they're not already there. I read that it should be permanently open in the beginning of April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter