New Guide

wheelcap

Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"
Judy Kaufman has announced her retirement :sad2: So, now I need to find a new guide. Anybody want to recommend one?

Judy was my guide as well for the past 19 years...love to hear any suggestions.

We have been "Very Happy" with Glen Wilson...have referred him to several
friends... and they have purchased.

Possibly a stupid question, but beyond your initial purchase, what does your guide do for you? I know ours calls and leaves us messages when we're vacationing sometimes, but I don't really know why it matters who your guide is. I may be missing something though since DH is the one who generally makes our reservations, payments, etc.

Our Guide is Linda Smit (not Smith!)

She has been wonderful, I appreciate that she gives it to you straight.
When we toured the first time, we knew we were likely to buy - we had been researching for two years at that point, so we knew what to expect.

After the tour, she reviewed the options, and said, when you've had a chance to talk things over, pick up the phone and dial my extension and I will be back.

She didn't make a hard sell, she didn't make off the wall unrealistic assertions about timeshare ownership.

Experiencing a hard sell Westgate agent a few years later, we are super thankful that DVC isn't like that... and that Linda wasn't like that.

Linda is a Senior Guide, so she's been around for quite some time!

We may see her on our next trip, since we are staying at SSR, just to say hi!

Possibly a stupid question, but beyond your initial purchase, what does your guide do for you? I know ours calls and leaves us messages when we're vacationing sometimes, but I don't really know why it matters who your guide is. I may be missing something though since DH is the one who generally makes our reservations, payments, etc.

Our guide (Randy Kruger) helped us through the initial sale process. Other than that he doesn't actually do anything...he is just there if we need him. As is your experience some guides call when their guests are at WDW. We have had a couple of those calls but it doesn't happen every time (we go often) and I don't need it to. I have heard that some guides also call every time a new property goes on sale or a new special comes out but Randy doesn't, and I prefer it that way. If I ever need anything I know he is just a phone call away and will do what he can to help me out.

Our guide (Randy Kruger) helped us through the initial sale process. Other than that he doesn't actually do anything...he is just there if we need him. As is your experience some guides call when their guests are at WDW. We have had a couple of those calls but it doesn't happen every time (we go often) and I don't need it to. I have heard that some guides also call every time a new property goes on sale or a new special comes out but Randy doesn't, and I prefer it that way. If I ever need anything I know he is just a phone call away and will do what he can to help me out.

Exactly! One of my favorite things about Randy is that when I need/want something, he is responsive and knowledgeable, but outside of that, he is not pushy or overbearing. He doesn't try to talk me into something I'm not interested in because that's what DVC is trying to push at the moment. He actually talked us into waiting 6 months once because the only thing that was available wasn't something we really wanted. Someone who listens and doesn't put the sale as the only priority is the perfect DVC Guide for me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter