new girl in town

daddysgirl12

earning my ears
hey everyone
im a new girl on here and i was wondering if there was anything i may need to know about the boards?
thanks for your help
sara

Hi, welcome to the boards.

So, basically, there are a few things I tell newbies.

1) Try your hardest to use proper grammar, chat speak bothers a lot of us on here.

2) When you post about something, it's better to KNOW what you're talking about. Especially on religious or political threads. If you don't actually know or believe what you say, you'll get jumped on pretty quickly.

3) A lot of people here have been regulars for a while, so of course there's friendship bonds. If you stay here for a while, trust me, you'll make some wonderful friends.

4) Long term threads (Rack up your posts, Twilight thread, Harry Potter, etc) have some really great people in them. Don't be intimidated by all the posts, don't be afraid to join in with the discussion!

5) We don't talk about just Disney here, obviously. We discuss our problems, current events, politics, religion, movies, excitments, etc!

6) I'm glad to have you! We love new people and I can't wait to see how you contribute to these forums. :)

Welcome! My name's Lauren. My PM box is always open! :goodvibes

yo.
i'm not new.
i'm shelby. i've got a lot of posts. stick around and you will too.
use proper grammar, and don't be stupid and you'll do fine.
as an ex-trouble maker who got banned before getting banned was cool, follow the rules. they're here for a reason.

welcome.

Hey hey! Nice to meet you :)

I'm sort of fairly new myself, but I can tell you the people on the DIS are lovely.

If you need anything or fancy a chat, just PM away :)

-:hippie:Ashleigh

Hello and Welcome. My name is Victoria and please feel free to PM me if you ever need help with anything.:)

I be Hilary.
As everyone said, use proper grammar (which includes capitals, puncutation marks and no chat speak).
And all should go well.
And don't pick fights.

Hey Sara :]

I'm Jess.
Welcome to the boards! PM me anytime you need some help, or just wanna talk. :]

I be Hilary.
As everyone said, use proper grammar (which includes capitals, puncutation marks and no chat speak).
And all should go well.
And don't pick fights.

hilary, have you ever seen me capitalize a word? lol.

hilary, have you ever seen me capitalize a word? lol.

Now that I think of it...
No.
I kind of meant like...
If there's no punctuation, the lack of capitals makes it frustrating to read.

Now that I think of it...
No.
I kind of meant like...
If there's no punctuation, the lack of capitals makes it frustrating to read.

lol. very true.
i don't capitalize, but i do punctuate correctly.

and i totally just freaked out. my window's spell check was set to french, and it was telling me i misspelled everything. lol.

Thanks everyone!
I have read alot of these posts and stuff for a while but I just now got an account. Well thanks for all your help!
Sara:cutie:

Ps: Don't type in all capitals. It annoys us all.

I agree...totally.

But, hi. I'm Patti.

Uh...yeah. That's about it.

I have no words of wisdom to impart upon you.

Just a word to the wise: HAVE FUN! Don't be afraid to be yourself at all. Just be relaxed and get to know people. It's worth it, trust me. While I may argue with some of the people on here, they're friends anyway. And Shelby's the little voice in the back of my head that tells me when I screw up royally.

I agree...totally.

But, hi. I'm Patti.

Uh...yeah. That's about it.

I have no words of wisdom to impart upon you.

Just a word to the wise: HAVE FUN! Don't be afraid to be yourself at all. Just be relaxed and get to know people. It's worth it, trust me. While I may argue with some of the people on here, they're friends anyway. And Shelby's the little voice in the back of my head that tells me when I screw up royally.
:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter