New Girl From the UK- Not Sure Where to Post this Q!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by Chunkney Gems, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Chunkney Gems

Chunkney Gems Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend! :banana:

My DP and I are flying out to Disney on 26 Feb (PC, AKL and WL!) and during our stay we will be getting married at the Royal Wedding Chapel along International Drive. My question is, does anyone know the policy on tipping the guys at the chapel? I think they may own it and I always thought that you don't tip the owners of the business, only employees? Has anyone got married there, or know anyone who has, that can shed some light for me?

Thanks very much!

Gems

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pixierella

pixierella DIS Veteran

Iv'e never heard of tipping someone at the chapel. I mean are they doing other things for you besides performing the wedding? Photographer or something of that sort?

4. Chunkney Gems

Thanks for the reply! We have a photographer and a limo driver booked and figure that they will be tipped? Just wasn't sure about the people at the chapel? :confused3

I really don't want to offend anyone by forgetting to tip someone that I should!!

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Gems

5. pixierella

pixierella DIS Veteran

No problem. I would hate that too if I forgot someone but if all they are doing is performing the ceremony than no, no tips. But if they have employees that are helping you do your hair make up, helping you dress then I guess yes. Oh and Congratulations !

6. Chunkney Gems

Thanks for your advice Pixierella! I so appreciate it!

One final question - promise!! Do you agree that the photographer and the limo driver should be given a tip? So sorry to be a pain, but I am hoping to organise the tips ready for the big day so I don't have a mad panic before/after the ceremony! :bride:

Gems
    x

7. pixierella

pixierella DIS Veteran

No worries Gems. If they are not the owners of the business then yes, they get a tip. I had someone come in to do my make up and I did not tip her since she owned her own little business. But my limo guy and photographer, absolutely

8. Chunkney Gems

You have been such a great help - thank you so, so much Pixierella!!!!

I look forward to chatting with you more now I am a fully fledged member!! :chat:

Gems

9. pixierella

pixierella DIS Veteran

Anytime, I remember what is what like getting married and the millions of questions I had.

10. MarkinNM

MarkinNM NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

:welcome:

And congrads!!!!

11. Natasha&Matt

Natasha&Matt <font color=royalblue>I fancy Prince Eric<br><font

Hey Welcome go have a look at the wedding board lots of tips and advice there and also come say hello to us on the uk bit :thumbsup2

12. Chunkney Gems

Thanks for the welcome guys! It will be good to chat with fellow Disney addicts like myself!! :woohoo:

13. Metro West

Metro West Nothing to see here...move along.

14. BethEJo

BethEJo <font color=blue>I left the house at 5.45am - that

Sorry, cant help with your questions (although it seems you have all the help you need :) ).

Just wanted to say welcome and more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS. Let us all know how it goes :lovestruc

Beth x

15. DWFan4Life

DWFan4Life DIS Veteran

Welcome to DISboards. It looks you already got answers here. Just want to say congratulations. May you have a great wedding to come.

Have a nice day. :)

16. natalielongstaff

natalielongstaff <font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big

There is a uk section of the board as Natasha says, pop in you will be very welcome :thumbsup2