• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Florida Seasonal Pass and FP+

Joules1111

Gearing up for 3 y/os first Disney Trip
We have a trip planned for February 2014 and are staying on property (room only reservation). We have already customized our Magic Bands. We will be buying Florida Seasonal Passes when we arrive. It is my understanding that until we activate the passes we will not be able to make FastPass reservations.

Is this correct? Is there any way around this? We could buy them now, but don't really want to activate them a month early and lose a month on the pass.

Thanks for any info/advice!

We have a trip planned for February 2014 and are staying on property (room only reservation). We have already customized our Magic Bands. We will be buying Florida Seasonal Passes when we arrive. It is my understanding that until we activate the passes we will not be able to make FastPass reservations.

Is this correct? Is there any way around this? We could buy them now, but don't really want to activate them a month early and lose a month on the pass.

Thanks for any info/advice!

You cannot prebook FP+ at the moment without a resort stay and a ticket linked to your MDE account. I am not sure if a seasonal pass voucher (see below) can be linked or not--I believe I've read that it can.

To the bold: if you bought them now, you would not lose any time on the pass--it doesn't activate and start counting towards your 366 days until you retrieve the actual ticket on WDW property. (If you bought a FL Resident Seasonal Pass now you would receive a voucher that must be redeemed in-person and on property.)

We are seasonal passholders as well and were not able to make FP+ appointments for the days of our stay after the pass expired. We were told to renew our seasonal passes online (which we did) and we would be able to make FP+ appointments for the remainder of our stay (which we have done). I'm not sure that will work for new passes because Disney doesn't know when you will activate the pass, but this was our experience.

Thanks for the information. :) Problem solved.

I went ahead and bought the FL Seasonal Pass voucher on the Disney website, Then I put the e-certificate number into the Disney Experience website for each of our family members. And now I can access the Fast Pass reservation system.

So, for anyone else in this situation, this does seem to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter