New FL resident ticket special

HeatherFeather

<font color=darkorchid>The apostrophe just complet
So I got an e-mail today about a new FL resident ticket deal:

Florida Residents Save 40% with the 3-Day Play Pass!

As a Florida Resident, you can save with a 3-Day Play Pass*. This Pass includes three one-day, one-park admissions to any of the 4 Walt Disney World® theme parks. It's only $138 plus tax, a savings of 40% off the price of a 3-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket.

Plus, you can use your 3-Day Play Pass at your leisure. Use it for any three days you like for six months from first use with no blockout dates.

I am just wondering as long as the ticket remains unused if it ever would expire? There are no dates listed. Also...wonder if it can be upgraded to hopping or water park & more.

Anyone else have any idea?

I believe they are just saying that Florida residents save 40% compared to non-Florida residents. The ticket price they sent you has been about the same for a long time. It is a good deal, nonetheless!

Did you know last year that same exact ticket was $99.00 plus tax! I didn't realize it has gone up that much. Oh well.:sick:

Did you know last year that same exact ticket was $99.00 plus tax! I didn't realize it has gone up that much. Oh well.:sick:

Last year's promo was something different, the 3 day play pass is an offer that has been around for along time, it's pretty much normal price for FL residents. The 4 Day Wild 4 Disney program was just offered last year at $99 and in 2011 it went up to $119 but that has ended as well.

Last year's promo was something different, the 3 day play pass is an offer that has been around for along time, it's pretty much normal price for FL residents. The 4 Day Wild 4 Disney program was just offered last year at $99 and in 2011 it went up to $119 but that has ended as well.

So they both ended? I didn't know that. Also, when did they have to be used by? Was it 14 days? The OP did say the new tickets would expire 6 months from date of purchase. thanks! Brunette:)

I called customer service about our 3 day passes that we purchased July 9th. We only used 2 of the 3 days and the CM told me that the last day does expire on January 9th (6 months from purchase date) and that I can upgrade those tickets to whatever I wanted.

We can add the waterpark and more option, or in my case, upgrade them to annual passes. So I can use what I paid for them as my "down payment" for the passes and the remaining balance will be divided by 12 months....the first payment due when I do the upgrade.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

I so wish that the grandparents (residents) could purchase these for us!!!! It is so much cheaper than a non-resident 3 day pass!

I called customer service about our 3 day passes that we purchased July 9th. We only used 2 of the 3 days and the CM told me that the last day does expire on January 9th (6 months from purchase date) and that I can upgrade those tickets to whatever I wanted.

We can add the waterpark and more option, or in my case, upgrade them to annual passes. So I can use what I paid for them as my "down payment" for the passes and the remaining balance will be divided by 12 months....the first payment due when I do the upgrade.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

I would check the ticket sticky before you try this plan. Many cm's that answer the phone do not know the actual policy and if you upgrade to an AP it will start on the day you first entered the park and expire one year after that. Normally that means you will not be allowed to use the payment plan for the AP.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. Reserved for Future Use
17. 2011/2012 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18A. Prices Effective June 12, 2011
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

So I got an e-mail today about a new FL resident ticket deal:

Florida Residents Save 40% with the 3-Day Play Pass!

As a Florida Resident, you can save with a 3-Day Play Pass*. This Pass includes three one-day, one-park admissions to any of the 4 Walt Disney World® theme parks. It's only $138 plus tax, a savings of 40% off the price of a 3-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket.

Plus, you can use your 3-Day Play Pass at your leisure. Use it for any three days you like for six months from first use with no blockout dates.

I am just wondering as long as the ticket remains unused if it ever would expire? There are no dates listed. Also...wonder if it can be upgraded to hopping or water park & more.

Anyone else have any idea?

This is not a new ticket offer. Ever since Disney began MYW tickets they offered Florida Residents a 3 day pass that is valid for 6 months after first use. When it first came out it was $119, the next year went to $125, next year to $129, last year was $134, and they just raised it to the price it is now. Over the years we'd buy tge ticket in Sept and during our January trip we'd upgrade to FL seasonal pass, it would help split up the cost.

They have been sending me all kinds of advertisements. I guess they really want the Florida Residents to visit Disney over the summer. All they need to do for me is lift the blackout on our Season Passes and we'll be there. I am anxiously waiting for them to do this since they seem to really need the extra attendance.

All they need to do for me is lift the blackout on our Season Passes and we'll be there. I am anxiously waiting for them to do this since they seem to really need the extra attendance.

Sure, but then they don't get more ticket money from you. ;)

Sure, but then they don't get more ticket money from you. ;)

But who goes to Disney and doesn't spend ANY money. Maybe we'll book one of the onsite hotels (as we always do). Maybe we will eat and drink while we are there. Who doesn't right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter