New FD Bounceback is out

Yes, but never beyond a day or two in Oct. The dates for the public offer have been shrinking, as well as the number of rooms under the offer. If they can meet their quota with a bounceback and UOCs there may be nothing left to feel the need to offer free dining to the public. A room discount could take care of anything that remains. This bounceback is unlike anything we've seen before. Typically, the end of August and most or all of September (with a day or 2 of Oct on occasion) was only included. Last year they threw in May 31-June 7, which was odd. This new offer is just strange all the way around. Lol

When I first saw the offer, I thought maybe the public free dining might include some of June for next year and exclude more of September/Oct/Nov. You seem to think there simply won't be public free dining. I guess we'll see. If Disney DOES offer free dining and they include some of the early summer dates, it ought to be released quite a bit earlier than usual, so that should help shed light sooner rather than later.

Yes, but never beyond a day or two in Oct. The dates for the public offer have been shrinking, as well as the number of rooms under the offer. If they can meet their quota with a bounceback and UOCs there may be nothing left to feel the need to offer free dining to the public. A room discount could take care of anything that remains. This bounceback is unlike anything we've seen before. Typically, the end of August and most or all of September (with a day or 2 of Oct on occasion) was only included. Last year they threw in May 31-June 7, which was odd. This new offer is just strange all the way around. Lol

I never try to read into Disney's offers, and dates anymore. I would have to guess they are using some crazy analytics to guide them on what to offer, and when :) The last few years the third week of August wasn't included in FD, but this year it starts on the 23rd. Then if you have the Disney Visa you could start on the 14th. My guess would be it is always going to be year to year pending on what the analytics are telling them.

I never try to read into Disney's offers, and dates anymore. I would have to guess they are using some crazy analytics to guide them on what to offer, and when :) The last few years the third week of August wasn't included in FD, but this year it starts on the 23rd. Then if you have the Disney Visa you could start on the 14th. My guess would be it is always going to be year to year pending on what the analytics are telling them.

There have been so many changes lately, I don't think anyone can make a solid prediction as to what Disney will or will not do. We will just have to play the wait and see game.

OK...just to clarify......it says 6d/7n package.... can you book a package for less nights than that? Say only 5 nights? :teacher:

There have been so many changes lately, I don't think anyone can make a solid prediction as to what Disney will or will not do. We will just have to play the wait and see game.
Agreed, which is why I posed it as a question, not a statement. Lol

I'm really hoping there will be public free dining next year. We plan on going in September. But my dates are pretty flexible.
I read an article on disneytouristblog and he seems to think this bb offer is a sign of a lot of free dining availability next year.
Here's hoping pixiedust:

Last edited:
I'm really hoping there will be public free dining next year. We plan on going in September. But my dates are pretty flexible.
I read an article on disneytouristblog and he seems to think this be offer is a sign of a lot of free dining availability next year.
Here's hoping pixiedust:

The fact that they are offering it as a bb again this year for next, indicates to me that there's a good chance it will be offered to the general public as a discount next year.

I read an article on disneytouristblog and he seems to think this bb offer is a sign of a lot of free dining availability next year.
Here's hoping pixiedust:
Thanks! That was an interesting read. I think we will book the BB deal to make sure we will get FD next year, but might switch(rebook) our dates to later September if a General Public FD offer is announced.

Thanks! That was an interesting read. I think we will book the BB deal to make sure we will get FD next year, but might switch(rebook) our dates to later September if a General Public FD offer is announced.

This will be my plan too. I'm looking to book dates in August with the hope of something for September opening up later. We've gotten used to end of September heat, I don't know if I can handle mid-late August heat though - might have to consider the mid-day breaks I've been opposed to.

It will be interesting to see what happens, for sure. The lack of September dates in the FD bounceback is unheard of. If there's a public offer, we could see it shift to more summer offerings as fall has become very busy. So many schools are out in the fall now. Having gone in the fall for the last decade, the difference is astounding, especially the last 3 years.

Quick question from a friend (I've only ever done RO BB). Does your entire stay need to be within the offered dates for the free dining bouneback offer? In other words, can you book a FD BB and have it extend past the "valid days"? Thanks!

Quick question from a friend (I've only ever done RO BB). Does your entire stay need to be within the offered dates for the free dining bouneback offer? In other words, can you book a FD BB and have it extend past the "valid days"? Thanks!
Check in date only

I agree this one is odd. I can't believe how many "summer dates" are available. Typically it has been hard to get a good deal past 25% off rooms during summer when schools are out.

Well I'm glad that the checkout is actually 10/31 rather than 9/30. Hopefully I'll have some good choices available for June.

Well I'm glad that the checkout is actually 10/31 rather than 9/30. Hopefully I'll have some good choices available for June.
Has that been confirmed? It's weird that it says 9/30 on the brochure, you'd think Disney would have the correct end date. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter