• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW! Favorite Deluxe Resorts Poll

New Polls on Favorite Deluxe Resorts

• Contemporary

• Polynesian

• Grand Floridian

• BoardWalk Inn

• Beach Club

• Yacht Club

• Wilderness Lodge

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Swan

• Dolphin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Super staff
Gorgeous swimming pool (watering hole!)
Boma, Jiko and The Mara - yummy!
No sharing of buses
African Savannah outside your room
Fantastic gift shop
Fantastic value for the quality of the rooms/hotel

I visited quite a few of the other deluxes on my last holiday and I thought the Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary would come second and third for me.

I must not see what everyone else sees with the Polynesian...I just didn't see what the big deal was and I walked all over that resort and had dinner there. And for the prices they charge I think i'd rather fly to Polynesia :teeth:

This is a hard one for me.

If I were a billionaire, I would probably never stay anywhere but the Polynesian. The rooms are great, the theming is beautiful, the grounds are amazing, the views from the rooms are gorgeous, and you've got great dining options. Plus, it is convenient to almost everywhere. LOVE.

However, since I have to work almost an entire week to afford one night there (and that's with AP discount!), the Wilderness Lodge has been growing on me a lot. It is incredibly peaceful there, and the archetecture is beautiful. You have the added bonus of being all in one building, which is nice. I love coming back to the lobby at night- it feels like a giant family room where everyone gathers at the end of the day. And the fudge brownies from Roaring Forks are to die for. YUM!

So, if price is no object, the Polynesian is my favorite by far. If we're going for best value for the $, WL it is!

I stayed on site for the 1st time last year. I was lucky enough to stay at AKL CL,POLY GV,and WL WV and I thought they were all great. The AKL CL is great if you want to do the safaris and I do love animals but when I walked into my newly renovated room at the POLY I thought I had died and went to heaven,it was beautiful!!!!!!!!! : :)

The Dolphin is our favorite Deluxe.

The beds are "heavenly"!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

My favorite is the Contemporary because it's so close to the Magic Kingdom, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse & the California Grill are some of the best restaurants in all of WDW, the renovated rooms are amaizing, very friendly Cast Members, excellent shops, fantastic arcade, being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom in 10 minutes is a real time saver, being able to ride the Monorail is something I always love to do & watching Wishes every night is amaizing.

We have stayed at them all and I think DW and I differ on this choice. I love the Contemporary due to location (walk to MK and back when crowds are waiting for Monorail), restaurants, and staff (one of the best Concierge staffs at WDW). Plus as the previous poster said, the renovated room are incredible. Plasma tvs in each room. My wife would say Beach Club, which is second for me. She loves the location, pool and concierge staff there. We have had two bad experiences at different deluxe hotels, but overall you cannot go wrong with any one of them.

AKL for this family. It was such a dream come true staying there. Just beautiful and how can you beat getting up in the morning and looking out at zebra and giraffes? We did love WL too, but AKL holds number one spot in my heart!

I vote Poly.
Dh likes BW and being at Epcots back door so we usually end up staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter