New Fantasyland Preview

katiemac1875

Earning My Ears
Ok!!! I have been trying to figure this out... All I find is that they are starting "previews" on Nov 19 and then a grand opening on Dec 6th. What does that mean exactly? We will be there 11/24-12/1 and going to the MVMCP on 11/29. Will we get to see it? Ride anything? Eat at the restaurants? I am so confused..... Any help or clarity would be greatly appreciated... We are not AP, DVC or D23 members. Thanks for any help!!!

We'll be there the same time :yay:
From what I understand, after Nov. 19 the expansion will be open to all park guests. Can't wait to see it!

Thanks!!! That is great news!!!! I wonder what the difference is between then and after Dec. 6th.? Is that just the day they are promoting the opening with a Grand Opening Celebration or something?

We'll be there the same time :yay:
From what I understand, after Nov. 19 the expansion will be open to all park guests. Can't wait to see it!

Thanks!!! That is great news!!!! I wonder what the difference is between then and after Dec. 6th.? Is that just the day they are promoting the opening with a Grand Opening Celebration or something?

From what the CMs told me when I was there last month, the preview period means that everything should be open. But because it's in previews, if there's something they need to tweak or fix, they'll shut the attraction down for a bit. The exception to this is Be Our Guest dinner, all ADRs will be honored.

I think that they reserve the right to close it down without notice during the preview period. This is essentially their time to tweak and finalize everything before the grand opening. After the 6th everyone who is there will be (rightfully) expecting it to be up and running perfectly. Although, it has been in soft open/passholder preview for so long now that I am expecting that it won't need to close much after the 19th. They've had a lot of time to sort things out already. Also, they have people with ADRs at BOG starting on the 19th, so at the very least that will have to be open.
Have a great trip! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter