New Fantasy land dragon implications?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by mbrou24, Dec 10, 2012.

1. mbrou24

mbrou24 Theme Park Veteran

just spitballing here but any thoughts on the new fantasy land dragon that was flying around the other day? what could it mean? my first thought was that it was a clue to something else they would do... maybe planning to go forth with the widely talked about "beastly kingdom" or something of that sort. i find it hard to link the dragon to avatarland.... any thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

At opening to FLE, my dh was told it was a one shot deal, and would not be repeated at WDW.

4. mbrou24

mbrou24 Theme Park Veteran

True but then why would disney spend money to develop something to be used once

5. disneyworld1977

disneyworld1977 Mouseketeer

Yea..and I guarantee ya that dragon ain't cheap! :)

They have to be going to use it somewhere else down the line, whether its at WDW or another Disney Park

6. ASteelersMidget

ASteelersMidget DIS Veteran

I guarantee it's not for Beastly Kingdom. Beastly Kingdom already Exists (and in some was existed)

7. Disco

Disco Hail Eris!

I'm guessing that they wanted to make the flying dragon a regular feature but were not able to keep costs/maintenance low enough on it. They probably just wanted to see it once before they shelved the project so it didn't seem like a complete waste.

8. johnGorski

johnGorski Mouseketeer

Maybe a new night time show?

9. Disneyfreak44

Disneyfreak44 Mouseketeer

On a caption in one of the videos Disney uploaded about the dragon it said it was just for the grand opening of new fantasyland but i would like it if they used it for more than just that.

10. lions1995

lions1995 DIS Veteran

I heard that Disney had to file a large amount of paper from the FAA work to fly it. Disney liked to experiment. I am sure they would love to not put it on the shelf. I would not be surprised to see if pop up some wheree else down the road. Maybe for brief times, maybe something more permanent.

11. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

Seems like it would be a perfect fit in an early evening 'Fantasmic' level show over at the new Avatarland in AK... They all flew dragons in Avatar didn't they?