New Extended park hours in November

skriegerjr

Monorail Maven
We're going in 17 days, not that I'm counting or anything...

And I just saw that we have some extended park hours. Our first day, Nov 2, was originally posted as 9am-9pm for MK, and is now 9am-1am!

Several times the 9 days we are there, AK extended their hours to 7pm, instead of the usual 5pm closing.

Towards the end of our trip, MK went from 9am-9pm, to now, 9am-12am (12am-2am EMH)

WOO HOO! Guess it's going to be no sleep for me this vacation!

We went over Labor Day weekend for a long visit. We had hours open until 3 AM on our MK day Sunday. We went to the park that morning for RD show, did a few things, and then headed back to the resort after lunch. Everybody took a brief nap and we chilled until supper time. We shut the place down riding BTMRR over and over again. I highly recommend the late night hours if you can do it. We thought because they extended hours it meant that it was going to be crowded and wouldnt get much done, but with a little strategy we got to do everything we wanted and then some.

They seem to be extending hours a lot more this year than I ever recall them doing in the past; and much later than what they usually did too for certain months.

I wonder if this is a step they are taking to try and cope with the higher numbers of guests at the parks now. Either way, I'm a late night person and always up for a super late one

Have a great trip OP :goodvibes

We went over Labor Day weekend for a long visit. We had hours open until 3 AM on our MK day Sunday. We went to the park that morning for RD show, did a few things, and then headed back to the resort after lunch. Everybody took a brief nap and we chilled until supper time. We shut the place down riding BTMRR over and over again. I highly recommend the late night hours if you can do it. We thought because they extended hours it meant that it was going to be crowded and wouldnt get much done, but with a little strategy we got to do everything we wanted and then some.

If my little ones were just a little bit older, I'd be all over those super late nights (a friend of mine calls it vampire touring, resting/swimming during the day, slamming the parks after dark!) My DS will turn 10 while we're there so we'll see if he can handle some late nights, but I know DD5 with no nap, and a very late night, will make Ursula seem like a Disney Princess in comparison! :mad:

Anyone have a guess as to why, for November 5 through November 10, the latest hours for Hollywood Studios is 8 p.m.? I find it odd (and glad) that Animal Kingdom is open until 7 p.m. and not it's usual 5 p.m. I love AK at night. But why no true late night at HS. :(

On a happier note: my countdown is now at 13 wake-ups. :cool1:

During Thanksgiving week, MK's hours have been extended to 1am! DD15 used this knowledge and her Daddy's usual distraction to get him to agree to stay late enough that night so she can ride HM at midnight.

DS12 is not thrilled - at all.

We arrive in two weeks and I'm super excited for later hours at Animal Kingdom!! I have been hoping to see DAK at dusk one day - maybe this trip will be our chance! :) :cool1: :thumbsup2

Yay!! We arrive 2 weeks from tomorrow and I just looked! Nov 10th & 11th they extended MK hours to close at 2am instead of 11pm WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I won't have to rush after our Hoop Dee Doo Dinner and just head over when we want since we'll have all night! :thumbsup2

Anyone have a guess as to why, for November 5 through November 10, the latest hours for Hollywood Studios is 8 p.m.? I find it odd (and glad) that Animal Kingdom is open until 7 p.m. and not it's usual 5 p.m. I love AK at night. But why no true late night at HS. :(

8 pm is pretty normal closing time for DHS. I just checked easyWDW, and the only dates it's open later than 8 in November are during Thanksgiving week, except for Thanksgiving itself.

One of our nights MK is until 3am!!

My teens and I are going to nap and then go around midnight

I can't wait!!!

I wonder how the CM's feel about working at 3am

Yay!! We arrive 2 weeks from tomorrow and I just looked! Nov 10th & 11th they extended MK hours to close at 2am instead of 11pm WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I won't have to rush after our Hoop Dee Doo Dinner and just head over when we want since we'll have all night! :thumbsup2

The 11th is a party night, so MK is closing at 7, plus on the 10th the 2am closing is for EMH, although I do see from your ticker that you're staying on property.

Great news we are also going Nov. 6-12, Jersey week can't wait. My two boys and myself got to love it....

Great news we are also going Nov. 6-12, Jersey week can't wait. My two boys and myself got to love it....

I couldn't be happier with the extended hours! We will be at AK til 7:00 one night, then to AKL for Boma at 7:40! And new this year, these 'almost 60ish' people will be heading back for a nap, then hitting MK for those late night hours! We used to be commando from 9am til close, but.....

Woot woot, thanks OP for giving me the heads up. 3 extra hours each night at the MK. yes. Not I gotta move some of my FP+ around.

Wow! Thank you so much to the OP and other posters. I had no idea they extended the hours. I don't think I've ever gone on a trip when the hours changed much so I never think to check back.

We are arriving at MCO at 7 p.m. and everyone was bummed because we couldn't go to a park like we usually do on arrival day. I am seriously considering going to MK that night. I know it will be crazy busy probably but we could just check out the fireworks and parade and just soak in the atmosphere on Main Street.

I have 5-day MYW tickets and was thinking of upgrading to 6-day and possibly now 7-day if we go to MK the first night. Printing out my ticket bridging notes as we speak!

I don't know, though I am a little disappointed that both DHS and Epcot are not a little later (I know Epcot is till 11 some nights, but I was looking for 12am-1am for Epcot and 11pm-12am DHS to go along with my 2am MK nights). I also was also hoping to catch an 8pm AK night, but I guess 7pm is good enough. We have reservations at Rainforest at 7:45pm. Will they just let us hang in the park until then?

We have reservations at Rainforest at 7:45pm. Will they just let us hang in the park until then?

You actually don't need to - the entrance to RFC is outside the parks. However, you should be able to browse the shops for awhile after official closing time.

If my little ones were just a little bit older, I'd be all over those super late nights (a friend of mine calls it vampire touring, resting/swimming during the day, slamming the parks after dark!) My DS will turn 10 while we're there so we'll see if he can handle some late nights, but I know DD5 with no nap, and a very late night, will make Ursula seem like a Disney Princess in comparison! :mad:

We were lucky enough to experience these late hours 2 yrs ago...what a surprise to arrive our first night and get to stay so late. My then 9 & 7 year olds rode Space Mountain for the very first time at 2:20AM.....unbelievable! It's amazing how fast a little one's clock can adjust! Hopefully the same will happen or you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter