New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... plus the "seven consecutive day" thing is not as reported.
Many here are forgetting the 7 day thing and thing $24 for the length of stay (or entire annual pass).

Personally I don't care one way or the other. However, I do not think may have thought this out.
You may still need to walk almost as far, and wait almost as long for a bus. Perhaps longer if you don't make the first bus??
Yes, you may get off in the park without further security, but it may be in the wrong side of the park.
In addition, there will still be a guest line somewhere...afteralll, they will need to check your status.

Hope it works for you who like it. For me??? Too many trips to count since 1972, and have hopped roughly twice.

MG
In this case, I think it's safe to say you are not a target for this service. It's not for you, no biggie.
That doesn't mean those who do have interest haven't thought it through
I'm very clear on where the drop off and pick ups are and it's obvious one would need to take them in to consideration before using it. Not hard at all too plan your day to be where you need to be when you need to be there
As far as waits go, that remains to be seen. No one knows yet what, if any, there will be. And it's also obvious that had to be considered.

I would think that this service will probably only be offered during the busy seasons of the year unless it is very popular so if I was planning on a trip in Feb I wouldn't plan ADRs based on this being available. During busy times of year when waits at security and turnstiles can be terrible this will be well worth it for some families. When we travel with the little ones in our extended family we generally don't hop or only after a break so wouldn't buy it then. But when it's just adults and teens who have visited many many times this will be perfect. For our Dec trip we were planning on hopping a lot to use EMHs, fastpasses obtained later in the day, see multiple evening entertainment options, and to find ways to fit in extra rides on favorites. Just from our basic plan I can see where we would 100% use it 6 times and those plans were made before this so I would guess we could easily use it 8-10 times in a week. They really should add world showcase though. That's easy because it's all roads back there. I'm not worried if it ends up being popular they will just dispatch extra buses like they do elsewhere. I would also guess the 30 mins will be the max intended wait and that at times it will be less. For AK it probably saves well over 30 minutes alone and DHS even though the distance is shorter the waits at security there have been the worst for us. Being able to easily enter and exit MK during the parades and such on Main St is so bonus too.

In this case, I think it's safe to say you are not a target for this service. It's not for you, no biggie.
That doesn't mean those who do have interest haven't thought it through
I'm very clear on where the drop off and pick ups are and it's obvious one would need to take them in to consideration before using it. Not hard at all too plan your day to be where you need to be when you need to be there
As far as waits go, that remains to be seen. No one knows yet what, if any, there will be. And it's also obvious that had to be considered.
Well... we agree the service is not for me.
I do hope some will get use out of this service. I'm also hopeful it reduces the lines for me.

MG

I would think that this service will probably only be offered during the busy seasons of the year unless it is very popular so if I was planning on a trip in Feb I wouldn't plan ADRs based on this being available. During busy times of year when waits at security and turnstiles can be terrible this will be well worth it for some families. When we travel with the little ones in our extended family we generally don't hop or only after a break so wouldn't buy it then. But when it's just adults and teens who have visited many many times this will be perfect. For our Dec trip we were planning on hopping a lot to use EMHs, fastpasses obtained later in the day, see multiple evening entertainment options, and to find ways to fit in extra rides on favorites. Just from our basic plan I can see where we would 100% use it 6 times and those plans were made before this so I would guess we could easily use it 8-10 times in a week. They really should add world showcase though. That's easy because it's all roads back there. I'm not worried if it ends up being popular they will just dispatch extra buses like they do elsewhere. I would also guess the 30 mins will be the max intended wait and that at times it will be less. For AK it probably saves well over 30 minutes alone and DHS even though the distance is shorter the waits at security there have been the worst for us. Being able to easily enter and exit MK during the parades and such on Main St is so bonus too.
I had the thought that it would be on a set schedule, like on the hour and half hour, vs random like buses out front are.
I too would love to see a ws choice. They are set up to have guests come and go through the US pavilion. We've done it on two different tours

I had the thought that it would be on a set schedule, like on the hour and half hour, vs random like buses out front are.
I too would love to see a ws choice. They are set up to have guests come and go through the US pavilion. We've done it on two different tours
I assumed a set schedule as well when I read it. Otherwise, buses every 30min doesn't seem like much of a benefit to me. You could just miss one and then wait that long... doesn't seem like that would be well received.

Tough choice for me. I could really use this for my upcoming trip considering the tight squeeze in schedule. However it may have to result in me forgoing the monorail for this trip. On one day we're parkhopping from EP to DHS so I dunno if the Express will even make much of a difference there.

What is the amount of time it would take to get to MK from Epcot if we used the monorail?

It isn't that I don't see the possible benefit in this or any of the other "paid perks" being offered. What blows my mind and worries me all at the same time is that there seems to be 2-3 new money grabs being introduced every single week. It is almost impossible to keep them all straight, and this is coming from someone who reads Disney boards and blogs on a regular basis. I agree with what someone posted earlier in the thread. Imagine how magical the parks would be if they poured a fraction of the imagination and manpower they are pouring into these cash grabs into improving the experience of the regular guest. I have watched Disney going this "money, money, money and only money" direction for years now and it makes me so sad. It is nothing close to the Disney World I introduced my boys to when they were little. I get that it is a business and they are there to make money, but Walt Disney made money and did just fine and still managed to keep the magic alive, as did his brother.

For $24 this would be worth it for me as I have a three day PH trip planned. But I find it hard to believe that that's all they are charging. I also wonder if they will offer it in Janurary.

Tough choice for me. I could really use this for my upcoming trip considering the tight squeeze in schedule. However it may have to result in me forgoing the monorail for this trip. On one day we're parkhopping from EP to DHS so I dunno if the Express will even make much of a difference there.

What is the amount of time it would take to get to MK from Epcot if we used the monorail?
Considering you have to switch monorails and aren't sure how long the wait for the 2nd one is, a while. Not to mention Epcot's one of the bag checks that can really back up. Especially if you are at the back of a full monorail

Wonder where we can sign up..........:D
Says in the first post, with GS or at kiosks in each park

...... It's a luxury service that Disney is offering

Only at Disney does selling a bus ride get called a luxury service.

Sorry - all in good fun but this comment did make me laugh. :rotfl:

We'll just have to see but after reading all the comments I'm having a thought that Disney is going to regret trying to offer this. Only time will tell.

They also aren't going to be able to resist increasing the price sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Not to mention that I HATE stuff good for 7 days. We do short running trips (4-5 days max) and a long annual trip (10-12 days). Not ideal for us either way.
This new service is completely optional, but given that the multi-day cost is less than twice the single day, it will cost $4-$5 per day on the shorter trip. If purchasing consecutive multi-day access for the second trip, it will cost $4-$4.80 per day. But as has been stated several times, this new feature isn't for everyone.
I would think that this service will probably only be offered during the busy seasons of the year unless it is very popular so if I was planning on a trip in Feb I wouldn't plan ADRs based on this being available
Didn't one of the post by the OP say it's available through March?

This new service is completely optional, but given that the multi-day cost is less than twice the single day, it will cost $4-$5 per day on the shorter trip. If purchasing consecutive multi-day access for the second trip, it will cost $4-$4.80 per day. But as has been stated several times, this new feature isn't for everyone.

Didn't one of the post by the OP say it's available through March?
To your last comment, they haven't announced an end date

I'm going to be touring some of the resorts today and plan to stop by Concierge and ask questions about this service.
If you guys have any questions please reply to this post and I'll ask them.
I'll be asking about what type of transportation is it
Does it have a schedule
If an ap or regular guest has more than 7 days do they have to pay again

I'm going to be touring some of the resorts today and plan to stop by Concierge and ask questions about this service.
If you guys have any questions please reply to this post and I'll ask them.
I'll be asking about what type of transportation is it
Does it have a schedule
If an ap or regular guest has more than 7 days do they have to pay again
Thanks. Going to be really curious to see if they actually know something in advance, for a change.

We just returned from a 15-Nite , 16-Day Stay @ WDW.
We would have LOVED this CHEAP!!!!
Service @ $24 for us as AP Holders,
OR EVEN @ 2X $24 for 14 Days!!!

WHY?!
We Park-Hopped a Number of Days;
We had to Spend the time
Walking from the Kilimanjaro Safaris
TO the front of the Park,
TO the AKL Bus( furtherest out!),

THEN hop a Bus @ Jambo House
TO say, Hollywood Studios.

SINCE AKL now has Transportation Boards saying WHEN Buses are to arrive,
we took the bus!

otherwise, we would have taken a
Mears Taxi,
@ around $15 !!!

ALSO,
AK had mandatory Metal Detector Screening FOR ALL Guests !!!
on 4 or 5 of our Days there,
and our First Visit Day( NOT mandatory),
we were chosen!

PLUS we were chosen for Metal Detector Screening @ most other Parks!!

This would have saved us valuable time,
helped my feet out,
saved us Mears Taxi $$,
AND made us feel like VIPs,
TO boot!!!!

Not sure why you took the bus to AKL and then another one to HS. Why not take the bus from AK direct to HS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter