New ET Video Intro

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
The Sentinel's reporting that USF is updating the introductory video to the E.T. Adventure ride in honor of the 20th Anniversary re-release of the film.

Does anyone know if it's on yet? Has anyone seen it?

RobertW was telling us on Saturday that so far, nothing seemed any different at ET, including the intro...

But I would imagine it's the sort of thing they can just start doing on a set date, easily enough...

Now, if he could get our names right...we'd really be onto something!!!;)

When is the movie coming out??? I forget! :rolleyes:

Karen

Hopefully Earl will respond to this one. I believe he said all the changes would be done by this time. I don't remember the actual finish date. I know that he said it would be a total of two weeks.

When I went on Friday night I didn't see any noticable changes. The only thing that I did see was the outside of the building was painted. It also looked like the ride itself was a little brighter. There is also a deliberate stop infront of ET thanking everybody. He only said one name when I was there, but they blamed it on the Bacardi that I had before I went on the ride.

I just found his previous post about ET: Here is what Earl posted about the schedule. It looks as if they just finished the remodeling.

There is a short rehab coming up for E.T.. It's for some minor show enhancements in preperation for the 25th anniversary of the film.

It will close the week of February 10th, reopen for the week of February 17th, close again for the week of February 24th, and reopen for good the week of March 3rd. If the schedule holds, it will be closed on the weekdays and open on the weekends during this time.

Basically it's for two weeks, with a week open in between, and open on the weekend days. If it didn't confuse you enough, stand on your head in front of your computer and read it that way.

He only said one name when I was there, but they blamed it on the Bacardi that I had before I went on the ride.

Well....oddly enough, the one name it said was "Bob" :rolleyes:

"Thank you, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob":D :D :D

Karen

Robert can't tell the difference. How big of a glass was that Bacardi in? :p

Many of the "enhancements" have been done, but there are several left. All of this is for upgrading the show. It's paint, and enhancements to the lighting and audio. For the E.T. experts, it's quite noticable. It will all be complete in the next week or so. The "phone home" event is coming soon.

Karen your right on that one.

I did way that I noticed the lighting being better. I didn't recognize the better sound. I will be looking for the other enhancements during the next couple of weeks. I am curious what the phone home event is????

Hi Earl!

What the "phone home" event? Is it a contest for an all expense paid trip for 4 to Universal orlando?:D :D

Here are the changes so far...

-Signage changes out front, including a nice glass sign that reads "The 20th Anniversary"
-new banners and pictures in the holding area before the pre-show
-In that same holding area, the ceiling has been painted to look like a starfield with a constellation of E.T. and Elliot's amous finger touch, highlighted in fiber optic stars.
-Main video screen has been removed in the pre-show and replaced with several smaller TV sized monitors. Unfortunately, people are paying even less attention to it this way. (new video has not been put in yet)
-The name taking area before the forest queue has been redesigned to look less like a backstage production area and more like an attraction. Lots of pictures from the movie on the walls, and some new signage before the forest.
-New loading procedures and new stations for the name cards to be scanned in by Ride and Show attendants before boarding.
-Everything else I noticed was just regular show enhancements- effects working better, figures looking better, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter