• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Epcot member lounge

Are we to assume that the DVC lounge will be a permanent installation, or it is something they are doing for half of this year and then taking it away?

Are we to assume that the DVC lounge will be a permanent installation, or it is something they are doing for half of this year and then taking it away?

I was told they hope to keep it, but that has not been determined yet.

I should have asked the 4 people I saw coming down from there yesterday. :goodvibes However, I did not.

I hope they keep it, too. But it won't shock me if something else comes along that Disney determines is a better use for that space.

It sat empty for so long. I hope some higher up nit wit doesn't get some stupid brainstorm after seeing how nice it probably is.

Putting on Cranky, Cynical Pants...
Eventually the space will turn into a walk-through of the brand new villas you can purchase direct...
"Enjoy your potential 'new home' while taking a rest in beautiful Epcot. DVC guides will be available to answer questions while you enjoy complimentary refreshments from the custom and comfortable furnishings found in XYZ villas." (I'm secretly hoping DVC Mike creates one of his stellar mock-ups of this. He's so good at that. I totally had my husband buying into his StarWars villas! hehehe!)

Putting on sunshine and flowers chapeau...
For right now, I'm really looking forward to trying out the new lounge. I like finding places to relax and "chill" out. My husband has a whole portfolio of "benches that my wife has found" when we travel. It's pretty funny... based onthe pictures, you'd think I only walk just to find another place to rest. Okay, that is pretty accurate these days.... heh.

We have May and July trips planned, and hope to get to use it for one of those trips!

Putting on Cranky, Cynical Pants...
Eventually the space will turn into a walk-through of the brand new villas you can purchase direct...
"Enjoy your potential 'new home' while taking a rest in beautiful Epcot. DVC guides will be available to answer questions while you enjoy complimentary refreshments from the custom and comfortable furnishings found in XYZ villas." (I'm secretly hoping DVC Mike creates one of his stellar mock-ups of this. He's so good at that. I totally had my husband buying into his StarWars villas! hehehe!)

Putting on sunshine and flowers chapeau...
For right now, I'm really looking forward to trying out the new lounge. I like finding places to relax and "chill" out. My husband has a whole portfolio of "benches that my wife has found" when we travel. It's pretty funny... based onthe pictures, you'd think I only walk just to find another place to rest. Okay, that is pretty accurate these days.... heh.

I wouldn't mind if they were decorated like villas as long as you're not made to feel like you're not welcome if there is no chance in hell you're going to be buying. Bought for $55 a point in the late 90's. Could not afford to buy in now. There is nooooooooooooo way.

The way things are going, I'm thinking fees for this...eventually. They suck you in with great amenities then once you're hooked, they add a fee. Sorry price increases and adding resort fees have put me in a sour mood.:headache:

That part of Epcot looks so sad, deserted at night. Dark, too. I hope they improve the lighting around there.

What exactly will this be? Ill be there end of December.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter