New English Member Really Needs Some Help!!

I also want to mention again getting drinks and snacks for the refrigerator in your room. We often split meals because they're so large, anything from double burgers to fried chicken at Prime Time 50's. I don't think anyone has mentioned Fresh at the Dolphin -- great buffets for both breakfast and lunch and cheaper than most Disney ones. Boma at AKL is also a favorite of ours, as are Ohanas, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Trails End and Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Crystal Palace.

shondad said:
While I have never been to Disney, I do have an upcoming trip (9/1-9/6). I have seen the "Trail's End Buffet" listed. The reviews all seem to be positive and it seems to be the least expensive all you can eat restaurant. It is in the Fort Wilderness Resort.

The Trails End at Fort Wilderness Campground is a GREAT place to eat. It is a buffet(non-character), they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the prices are extremely reasonable. We love breakfast there (we've never done lunch or dinner, but we hear those are good too!). We usually go there on our Magic Kingdom day, eat a huge breakfast, and then take the boat over to the Magic Kingdom. You can check out the menu on www.allearsnet.com.

Have a great trip!

I agree with another poster, the Tollhouse Ice cream treats are a must--especially when it's hot.

All the restaurants in Epcot are amazing. Our favorite was Le Cellier, for the excellent steak. I would also recommend Chefs du France. I liked the food at the Italy restaurant, but not the atmosphere. It felt as though you were packed in like sardines and herded like cattle.

You may also want to try the Hollywood Brown Derby in MGM & California Grill for the view; it was amazing!

Best of luck to you. I hope you have a great time!

The Land building in Epcot has an updated food court area that we enjoyed. In Downtown Disney, the Earl of Sandwich has very good, large sandwiches for $5.00. They are big enough to share or if you have a big eater these will fill them up. Trail's End Buffet in Fort Wilderness is an excellent choice for all you can eat. We have also eaten at Beaches N' Cream at Beach club Villas and it is good. We buy the hamburger with double meat and ask them to half it for us. They usually place the halves on separate plates and give each of us some french fries. Their hot dogs are enormous and also big enough for 2. Desserts are big enough for families to share. In MK, we enjoy Columbia Harbor House for a counter service meal. If you go to one of the restaurants with sit down meal service remember that the entrees are often very large and can be shared. I ordered an Italian chicken meal once and it came with 2 large pieces of chicken breasts, more than I could eat. In AK, we enjoy Tusker House. In WDW, you can spend as little as $7 on a meal and as much as $35 or $40 on an entree.

Please remember - you can change your dining plans (hopefully if the resturants and times are available) by using the telephone in your room - there is a button on it - that allows you to call Disney Dining directly.

So if your plans change - your you want to try a different resturant - make sure you use that service. Calling Disney Dining from the phone in your hotel room is a free call - meaning you do not have to pay for that phone call.

Also - if you go up to a podium (the check in spot) at any Table Service / Sit down resturant - you can make reservations for other resturants from there as well

HOpe you have a great trip!!

DizzKnee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter