• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New England folks - Help a DisPal out...ISO nice family-friendly beach near Foxboro

Shea&Van

&Waves
Hiya friends!

We are traveling to Foxboro, Mass. for a family reunion in mid-August. I'd like to get my kids out to a beach at some point during our visit. I remember going to Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard as a child and it was great fun.

I was looking for a clean motel/hotel for our family of five and I'm not sure what would be the best match for our bunch. We'd like to find a place with an outdoor pool and a free continental breakfast would be awesome. We don't have to be on the beach, but a short drive from beach access would be great.

Any suggestions or insight as to where we could stay or which beaches are best? Ideally, we could find it in a place where there are decent restaurants that won't break the bank.

Thanks so much for your input!!

Rhode Island has some GREAT beaches and isn't too far from Foxboro. You might be hard pressed to find vacancies that time of year though (in RI, Cape Cod, etc)

There are quite a few affordable motels along route 28 in the Mid Cape area that are not far from the beaches. I know there is a Hampton Inn in Yarmouth,
that offers a free breakfast, and I think they do have a pool. There are a number of south facing public beaches in this area; Seagull beach in Yarmouth, Craigville Beach in Centerville, Kalmus in Hyannis, and on 6A side of the Cape Sandy Neck; beautiful, but Cape Cod bay water is generally colder.

The Cape is kind of a long drive from Foxboro.
i suggest Narragansett, RI or Hampton Beach, NH (which is a bit of a drive, but it has a board walk with lots of shops, etc)

Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA is probably the closest to Foxboro. I haven't been there in many years but there are good yelp reviews. I dont think there is a big boardwalk, but definitely some restaurants and arcades. According to google maps it will only take about 50 minutes from Foxboro.

I live 15 minutes from Foxboro. Traffic to and from the Cape is horrendous! I would suggest Horseneck Beach, Narragansett and Newport, RI.

Awesome-sauce! Thanks everyone. All great suggestions and I will definitely check them out.

Have a happy day friends!

Hull/Nantasket Beach is beautiful, but there's not a lot that the OP wants there.

To expand on my earlier Plymouth suggestion as I have more time today.

OP you could take Rt 495 to Rt 44 and be there in about an hour, depending on the day of the week and the traffic hour. (I do this drive a lot.) Obviously, when driving in these parts it is best to avoid rush hours no matter where you go.

Plymouth has everything you want. There is a decent hotel on the waterfront** that has an outdoor pool, facing the ocean. Lots to walk to and see right in the general area. Plenty of places to eat at a reasonable cost. Beautiful beaches and jettys, places to explore, boat rides, shopping, museums, etc. I think you would like it and you wouldn't have all the congestion that you have down the Cape.

** If you are only staying for a night or two and have to have the outdoor pool (facing the ocean) this is the place http://www.bradfordinnsuites.com

** If you want to stay in a nicer hotel then I'd recommend the John Carver Inn and Spa. They have a nice, fun indoor pool, but no outdoor pool. http://www.johncarverinn.com

If you decide to go and need further recommendations, let me know.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter