• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

According to the Weather Channel the forecast in Fitchburg on Saturday, 7/2 is a high of 83 and a 20% chance of precipitation.

According to the Weather Channel the forecast in Fitchburg on Saturday, 7/2 is a high of 83 and a 20% chance of precipitation.

I generally take any weather forcast over 24 hours with a bit of doubt... but i like that one!

Love Twin Oaks, grew up at there and I'm only a mile from The Oaks. But Pete and Walter could have that true Italian experiences they didn't get with Adventures by Disney right on Federal Hill at Depasquale Square at Venda or Contantino's or Cafe Dolce Vita

untitled-1_8.jpg

4821516857_e4a5dff42b.jpg

Providence_depasqualePlazaFederalHill-_w609.jpg

I second Depasquale Square. I don't think I have ever had a bad meal at Dolce Vita, and Venda has some great Italian goodies I can't find anywhere else. Twin Oaks has slipped a bit over the years IMO, so I have been frequenting the Old Canteen instead. That place is old school and fantastic. :thumbsup2

I second Depasquale Square. I don't think I have ever had a bad meal at Dolce Vita, and Venda has some great Italian goodies I can't find anywhere else. Twin Oaks has slipped a bit over the years IMO, so I have been frequenting the Old Canteen instead. That place is old school and fantastic. :thumbsup2
It's been too long since I was at The Old Canteen. Thanks for the reminder it's now top of my list for the next time we dine out. I had a class with Sal Marzilli the owners son. Our professor had a standing reservation there every Friday night, Sal received an A+.

** UPDATE 6/27 - Hi Everyone.. Due to the length of the movie we are going to open the doors at 9:00 and ask everyone to be in there seats at 9:45 .
You are not going to want to be late.. Please help us by passing this message along.

We have over 30 door prizes and 20 Silent Auction Items. Due to space and time constraints we will not be able to set them all up at the movie. We will bring a few of the door prize items and all of the Silent Acution items to accomodate those only coming to the movie. No issues for those coming to the BBQ as there is pleanty of time and space there.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait!!
:cheer2:

** UPDATE 6/27 - Hi Everyone.. Due to the length of the movie we are going to open the doors at 9:00 and ask everyone to be in there seats at 9:45 .
You are not going to want to be late.. Please help us by passing this message along.

We have over 30 door prizes and 20 Silent Auction Items. Due to space and time constraints we will not be able to set them all up at the movie. We will bring a few of the door prize items and all of the Silent Acution items to accomodate those only coming to the movie. No issues for those coming to the BBQ as there is pleanty of time and space there.

I seriously don't know HOW I am going to sleep Friday night!!! :goodvibes

Franklin Avenue is right behind the Earport, it's known as Hartford's Little Italy. It's been years but the best Italian Pizza & Deli was on Franklin Avenue. This is real great pizza, not New York thin of Chicago deep dish this is the pizza my Mom would make and the Deli sandwiches are fantastic.
Check out this link http://www.yoursecondlanguage.com/resources/hartford.italian.shtml

We were taken to Franklin Avenue Giant Grinders recently for the first time - WOW! We split 1/2 a grinder and were really full! Incredible!

Dont worry, BFF, it is totally okay if you don't have room for the Lox Challenge jar. I understand. :rolleyes1

Almost forgot - can I add my mom for the movie? That would make 4 for the "cjsmom" party. :woohoo: Mom's name is Kathy.

Tara,
I may have missed it somewhere, but what is on the menu for the BBQ?

Tara,
I may have missed it somewhere, but what is on the menu for the BBQ?

I'll help...hot dogs, Boston Market chicken, potato salad, another type of salad (if I remember correctly), desserts...

I may have forgotten some things but there's a general list for you Jeff!

Have a great day! Can't wait to hear about it and see photos!!!!

looking forward to it...helping me get through the work week...I told someone his computer was slow because it was Friday today...:surfweb:

I was thinking about this earlier. When I first met Bob he still lived in MA and had his cable access Disney show...he would have been in heaven over this event

I agree! In honor of Bob I'm going to bring my hand truck ... seriously we might actually need it ...

Ok Here is the Menu for Saturday

Hot Dogs
Chicken
Pasta Salad
Potato Salad
Garden Salad
Chips
Mac & Cheese
Corn Bread
Mashed Potatoes (Boston Market is giving them to us.. Who am I to say NO)
Watermellon
Cookies
Cake
Sundae Cups

I am happy to report all the food has been donated.. 100% of the BBQ tickets will be going to GKTW

One thing it is important to know is you will need to purchase drinks at the BBQ. The hall will not allow us to bring drinks in so all soda, juice, beer & Wine will need to be purchased thought the hall. We as a group tried to get them to adjust this but they would not budge. Sorry for the inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter