New Eatery Excellent Reason to Choose SSR

tdrcDVC

Earning My Ears
BASED ON THE DESCRIPTION OF ARTIST PALETTE. For those of us with Kids or Grandkids this sounds like the kind of on-site place I would want. Fast, quick and reasonable.

I love sit-down places but we do 2 or 3 a visit all over the World. So at my HOME, i need something like this.

Eat in, take out, and shop
Convenience is the order of the day at The Artist's Palette, the neighborhood eatery and market at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, the newest proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort. In last month's Member Clubhouse, we told you how rich, warm colors create a cozy and inviting mood with seating areas, oversized paintings, and exposed beams inspired by an artist's loft.

Lori Shew, Concept Development Manager for Walt Disney World® Food & Beverage, says that "Over the last three to four years, we've opened and designed many areas that marry food and beverage and retail because of the convenience for Guests...they have a one-stop shop." The Artist's Palette, which recalls the charm of neighborhood markets, goes one step further, offering prepared foods to go, a concept that Lori calls "new and exclusive for Disney Vacation Club."

Speaking with Disney Vacation Club Members, Lori and her team heard that variety isn't just the spice of life; it's what Members expect at the new Resort. Not only will additional menu items be offered, Resort Guests will have choices of how items are served to them: delivery to a Vacation Home, grab-and-go (taking items back to your Vacation Home or anywhere else), and grab-and-sit (eating either at one of the tables inside or outside by the pool). The indoor seating capacity is 124; however, there will be no table wait service.

The main food service area of The Artist's Palette is split into four areas, Lori explains. To the far left is a bank of refrigerated cases, stocked with items you'd expect to find in a typical Disney Vacation Club Resort convenience location, such as milk, sodas, cheeses, and frozen pizzas. Directly in front and to the near left is the bakery area, with muffins and pastries. Some items will be self-service, while bakers from behind the counter will serve other fresh baked dessert items. Lori describes the centerpiece of the room as a "beautiful oven...where we'll be making pizzas, calzones, and focaccia [sandwiches]." Here, she says, "you'll be able to talk to the chef and have pizzas or sandwiches made to your liking."

To the right, near the retail area, Guests will find cases featuring the heartier entrees of the day, like meatloaf with gravy and mashed potatoes or lasagna. Guests can enjoy their meal at a table, or take the selections and dine back at their Vacation Home. A retail area will feature grocery items, bottled wines, and Walt Disney World merchandise.

The Artist's Palette will feature "an all-day dining program," says Lori, serving "a traditional American-style breakfast, with omelets, sandwiches, and breakfast pizzas, for example. Lunch and dinner will offer made-to-order sandwiches, fresh-tossed salads, and custom pizzas. We'll also feature nightly dinner entrees as additional options."

Lori is excited about opening The Artist's Palette to Disney Vacation Club Members. "We've really tried to do something different here [at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa], so that you have retail, you have quick service, but you also have more hearty dinner options. It really gives Guests some flexibility. They can get in and get out, or if they want to wait and get something customized, they can."
:p

I read this in my Memeber Email and was so happy to see it, I called my husband in to read it too. We both agree that if BW had this it would be the perfect place(for us). SSR is looking better and better to me all the time. I have gone from 'probably never stay there" to 'can't wait to check it out':D

I know a lot of DVC members like the restaurant atmosphere but we loved the food courts of CBR and DL and missed that with DVC even though we still used it and just traveled to get there. I kind of wish we had not added on so many points at other resorts this year as this is exactly the added feature that makes for the perfect DVC resort for us. Well, at least we can try it and if points are still there in a year or so maybe we will add on there.

This sounds perfect for my family. DH is more adventurous than the rest of us. DS8 is the picky eater we always wonder what he's going to fill up on. DS3 is more of an all around eater but tends to gravitate towards the kids type things. I like more of a home cooked type meal. Artists Pallette will be just the thing for us when we don't want to do a meal out at a restaurant I can definately see us finding something here to meet everyones taste buds.

I think most who love(d) CBR and the new market over there will feel the very same way about this resort.

In fact, I was pushed over the edge before and now I am ECSTATIC!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This will also be convenient when staying at OKW. It'll just be maybe a 10 minute walk from the South Point area.

I think the common name for that in our shopping malls is a food court :)

I like the idea of this. But I wouldn't want to give up having a place where I can be waited on! It would be nice to have this type of resturant and a sit down resturant where they come to your table and take your order.

I agree. They should give you the choice. They probably figure if you want a sit-down, you'll got to Wolfgang Pucks, Portobello, or Fulton's. I don't know about Portobello's but the other two are outstanding restaurants.

I would love to see a DVC resort have a "food court" dining arrangement similar to CS! My wife and I stayed there for one night before moving to BCV this past June, and enjoyed it so much that we went back by car two more times for breakfast! Has anybody else eaten there?

sounds great, but they should have that, in addition to a sit down restaurant.
home away from home or not...it's still vacation! :)

Laura :)

When DI was open, "Seasons" was it's full service restaurant. It was a great dining area with nice menu. They offered a wonderful Sunday brunch and even offered a DVC discount.

In spite of the great facility, the proximity to DD seemed to offer too much competition for a full service restaurant to be successful with only a single resort to support it- especially when that resort was also a Home-Away-From-Home and everyone had their own kitchen to handle at least some meals.

I suspect that the Artist's Pallette is in response to the challenges presented with the prior full service restaurant at the same site. While I truly enjoyed Seasons and dined there many times, I never experienced the place at capacity.

Especially with boat service, the DD options are just as close as any restaurant at the resort itself. I think the curent plan will provide a workable situation for everyone. More options for SSR guests and a profitable venture for the resort itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter