• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DVC's and Dreaming Big. A Game Just For Fun

diznyfanatic

Officially a Moosehead
With all the speculation swirling around a proposed new DVC, whether it be CRV, Animal Kingdom, Poly, Hawaii or wherever, there seems to be plenty of folks with a die hard passion for certain new locations that would no doubt buy in at just about any price. My weakness would be AKL. :love:

Here's a fun What If game for you. Keep in mind these are all off the wall ideas offered in the spirit of fun only and not based on the inevitable real life costs and such.

What if Disney decided to do something completely new such as to start a brand new collection of DVC resorts and call them the DVC Premium Resort Collection or something.

These resorts would also come with a never before seen premium pricing structure, as well as a premium on maintenence fees. But, they would also be offered with some really unique amenties such as Concierge, Fine Dining, larger rooms with higher room capacity totals, daily mousekeeping, free park passes, perhaps a movie theatre (don't scoff, a local apartment complex offers this to their tenants), unique Disney tours and special event packages, free resort rentals of bikes, watercraft, etc and an on site grocery store, etc, etc.

With a substantially higher starting price point creating much higher buy in costs plus higher maintenence fees, what if the resort structured the point chart in such a way that it was similar to what it is now. In other words, it wouldn't cost 1000 points for a 5 day stay.

What if you could even design your own package of available services and choose from different member levels at the resort.

Let's say the buy in price per point started at $125 with annual dues starting at $8.00 per point.

Would you bite? :)

Unless I find some gold, I know that it would be beyond my means right now. The perks sound great though! I would pay more in dues for some of those options.

I would bite for sure. I also think as time goes on DVC will be forced to raise there game so to speak. Marriott and other timeshares in Orlando have really raised there levels. This will in turn force DVC to offer other things. They cannot ride WDW's coat tails forever. Some of things you've mentioned wil become standard practice for the timeshare industry in years to come.

Mary :wave:

I would have to buy. All of those perks would make it worth the extra price.

The price per point wouldn't be so bad but the maintainence fees sure would turn me off really quick.

I guess if I could customize it a bit more and get a "DVC your way" package the way I want and pay fees accordingly then it wouldn't be as tough a pill to swallow.

I would go for Poly.

cobbler said:
The price per point wouldn't be so bad but the maintainence fees sure would turn me off really quick.

I guess if I could customize it a bit more and get a "DVC your way" package the way I want and pay fees accordingly then it wouldn't be as tough a pill to swallow.

I would go for Poly.

I agree.

"DVC Your Way"...I like that name! So, what other cool amenities could we have? Okay, here are some basic membership packages, fill in the perks with how you'd like to see them structured.

Buy in price stays at $125.00 per point but let's say that is for a minimum of 100 points. Can't buy in for less than that. Your amenties packages might be:

DVC Magic Membership- Basic amenties package. $6.00 per point MMF.

DVC Plus Membership- Classic amenties package. $7.00 per point MMF.

DVC Gold Membership - Deluxe amenties package. $8.00 per point MMF

DVC Platinum Membership - Premium amenties package $9.00 per point MMF

What would your wish be to include in each category? The more creative the better!

cobbler said:

I would go for Poly.

"DVC Your Way" What a concept! And Poly too.

1. More Towels?
2. Free Grocery Delivery (not free groceries, just the delivery)
3. Concierge help in booking your ADR's for you (not sure I'd care about a concierge lounge, though maybe that would be nice too)
4. Different types of park passes for the different levels

Just random thoughts, not very well organized in terms of which package would get which benefits. Not feeling super creative tonight. I bet there will be some great ideas.

Nice to think about . How would it work for non DVC owners (if it wasn't your homeresort) would you pay for a discounted package for the length of your stay ALA dining plan??

Great ideas folks! Let's keep tossing out more perks and then we can figure out which amenties package they should be included in.

So far, the amenities that we've come up with are:

1. Concierge
2. Fine Dining
3. Larger rooms with higher room occupancy totals
4. daily mousekeeping
5. free park passes
6. onsite movie theatre
7. unique Disney tours and special event packages
8. free resort rentals of bikes, watercraft
10. onsite grocery store
11. More Towels
12. Free Grocery Delivery (not free groceries, just the delivery)
13. Concierge help in booking your ADR's for you
14. Different types of park passes for the different levels

Here are some additional ideas

15. VIP entry to all fastpass attractions
16. Free golf
17. Free Photopass purchases - up to 3 pictures
18. Free weekly member meet and greet character buffet dinner.

TwingleMum - hmmmmm, good question and good suggestion! Yup, let's say that each type of amenties membership has an individual cash value that must be paid at check in just like the DDP. Members who have a Home Resort that is part of the DVC Premium collection do not have to pay anything extra, all others do.

Or, we could keep it real simple and say that only DVC Premium owners can book reservations at these resorts, creating the incentive to actually buy in!

Fun idea, we would be interested but only if its a great location like CRV is planned or the monorail, or some area near BWV/BCV.

Fun idea, but I'm actually opposed to creating additional "classes" of membership.

Guess I'm too egalitarian.

What would be really cool and I'd buy in a heart beat is if you bought say a Premium level DVC which was like having any one of the premium DVCs as your home resort so you didn't have to chose Poly over AKL etc.. If that is not feasible then a Premium DVC member can book at 12 months for their home resort and 9 months in advance instead of 7 months if its not your home resort to give you an edge over the general public. Sounds like fun. I hope you write these suggestions down and send them to Jim Lewis.

I wish you could use points for things other then the resort. I have extra points that I would rather put towards bike rentals, dinners, ect... I am sure there is a reason why that cannot be done. I love the DVC-your way idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter