• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New DVC Owner question (resale)

suedaisy

Mouseketeer
My friend recently purchased DVC points! (She is very excited!) She has read that people's deed shows up in Orange County quickly after closing. She closed one week ago today and the deed has not appeared on the Orange County Comptroller site. Should she be worried? How many days should it take? Does this have to happed before she is in the Disney system?

Bottom line- She is going to be at Disney (not on points) the first week of June. She wants to purchase her "discounted" DVC annual pass. Will she be able to do so?

Thank you to the very smart DVC disboarders in advance.

Did she purchase direct or resale? If she purchased direct, then she should be in the system within days of closing. If she purchased resale I know it takes longer, but not sure on actual timeframe.

Probably didn't help as much as you'd hoped, but that's all I happen to know.:goodvibes

My friend recently purchased DVC points! (She is very excited!) She has read that people's deed shows up in Orange County quickly after closing. She closed one week ago today and the deed has not appeared on the Orange County Comptroller site. Should she be worried? How many days should it take? Does this have to happed before she is in the Disney system?

Bottom line- She is going to be at Disney (not on points) the first week of June. She wants to purchase her "discounted" DVC annual pass. Will she be able to do so?

I believe it takes about a week to show up on the OC Comptroller site--so any day now. Then, it takes some time for Disney to load the points after that (2 or 3 weeks). She won't be in the system until after the points are loaded.

It really doesn't matter if the deed is listed on the OC website. What matters is that she is in DVC's system so she can get her member ID while at WDW. She will need her member ID and picture ID to get the DVC priced AP. Later she can check the OC website.

:earsboy: Bill

I closed in March (AKV contract). My broker e-mailed me that we closed on March 11, but it had showed up on the Orange County Comptroller site on March 8 :confused3....anyway, my points were loaded on March 19 (in my existing account) and my member # letter arrived in the mail on March 25 (though I already knew the member #).

Closed Friday 05/10
Deed recorded Monday 05/13
Still nothing showing on the DVC member website as of 5 minutes ago

This was resale through the TimeShare Store, who uses Magic Vacation Title

(This is my second contract so I'm already in the DVC system)

I found the Orange Comptroller website kind of confusing. At first I thought my deed wasn't there, then I found it. Maybe you want to double check for her in case it's there and she just missed it?

(I hope that didn't sound condescending or anything. I wouldn't have suggested it if I hadn't had trouble myself.)

No- not condescending at all! I will let her know to double check. She is a planner (like most of us) and just wants to make sure that everything is set.

I am very excited that she is now an owner as well. I intend to be an exceptional "guest." :)

It really doesn't matter if the deed is listed on the OC website. What matters is that she is in DVC's system so she can get her member ID while at WDW. She will need her member ID and picture ID to get the DVC priced AP. Later she can check the OC website.
This is the correct answer to your question.

The OC site is a public-records access site, and depending on the efficiency of the organization, the accuracy of the part-time, less-than-minimum-wage data entry clerk entering the information, and your understanding of how this somewhat quirky site works...you may or may not find the info.

But it just doesn't matter.

If it was a direct purchase, I thought they waited 10 days for recision then filed the paperwork.

If it was a direct purchase, I thought they waited 10 days for recision then filed the paperwork.
Florida's real estate recission law has nothing to do with resale, direct, or even timeshares generally.

In any real estate transaction in Florida, either party has 10 days from signing a purchase agreement to rescind that agreement - with no discussion or explanation necessary - with no penalty. Any deposits made must be returned promptly without penalty. Period.

If she purchased direct, then she should be in the system within days of closing.
Apologies to longrf1 -- I misunderstood their post.

In a direct purchase, DVC will allow the buyer to make reservations immediately, or almost immediately. If the transaction doesn't close - because the purchaser rescinded, their credit didn't pass muster, whatever - the reservation is simply canceled. DVC can do that, of course, because THEY really control that reservation until checkin and can cancel it at any time.

I think longrf1 was correct -- DVD holds the paperwork past the recission period and then the closing occurs.

Apologies to longrf1 -- I misunderstood their post.

In a direct purchase, DVC will allow the buyer to make reservations immediately, or almost immediately. If the transaction doesn't close - because the purchaser rescinded, their credit didn't pass muster, whatever - the reservation is simply canceled. DVC can do that, of course, because THEY really control that reservation until checkin and can cancel it at any time.

I think longrf1 was correct -- DVD holds the paperwork past the recission period and then the closing occurs.

But as you pointed out earlier, that doesn't matter as far as making reservations or getting the perks & discounts. When buying direct, you are allowed to make a reservation as soon as you sign the purchase agreement and give Disney a deposit - at least that is how it worked when we purchased. We also received our member number at that time.

I'm guessing the OP's friend bought resale, though. Otherwise,her guide would have told her all of that. If she closed a week ago, she may get into the system sometime in the first week, but things have been reported to be going slowly for that process lately, so it's a long way from a sure thing.

Hi Everyone,
I am the new DVC owner. Thanks to my friend Suedaisy for posting my questions and thanks so much for all of your help! I just called Member Administration (resale) and found out that we are still not in the system (we closed 2 weeks ago and I was really hoping that we would be in the system before our trip to Disney). I guess things are moving slower than I expected...but maybe this is normal?

There has been a lot of sales recently. It could be delayed. Also I would check with your closing company rep. and see when they actually sent in the paperwork.

Is your deed showing up on Orange County's website?

Here is how to find your deed on the OCC website:

To locate a DVC deed on the OCC website, go to the OCC website at http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/

Click the 'Agree' button, and the Search page should appear.

On the Search page, uncheck box to Search Specific document types
Choose 'Deed'

In the Grantee box, enter your name, using Last Name First Name format.

Click the Search button to start the search.

If your name is common, the search may return a large number of records. To reduce the size of the matches, enter a range of dates in the Recording Date Start and End fields starting with your closing date.

The OCC website will return records that meet your search criteria. If you want to view a record, click on the 'Add to My Images' entry that appears to the right of each record. You can click on more than one record, or all records, if you wish.

The records you select to view will appear in the left hand margin under 'My Images.' Below this list will be a link labeled 'Download My Images.' When you click on this link, the system will prepare a PDF file that can be viewed and downloaded.

DenLo, thanks so much for your great instructions on navigating the OCC website! My deed has been recorded! Member administration said they received paperwork 2 weeks ago. They told me to call back next week. I know it is probably a long shot, but hoping they will have me in the system so I can get the member ID cards from SSR.

DenLo, thanks so much for your great instructions on navigating the OCC website! My deed has been recorded! Member administration said they received paperwork 2 weeks ago. They told me to call back next week. I know it is probably a long shot, but hoping they will have me in the system so I can get the member ID cards from SSR.

You can also get your ID cards from BLT, BWV, and Kidani.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter