New DVC Member

bcdemt

Earning My Ears
I just bought 100 points at Old Key West. I am wondering what suggestions people have for times of year and getting the most bang for my buck. Would prefer 1 bedroom but single rooms would also work. Thanks. Brian

The first two weeks of December seem to be the biggest bang for the buck. Christmas Decorations and low points cost.:woohoo:

bcdemt said:
I just bought 100 points at Old Key West. I am wondering what suggestions people have for times of year and getting the most bang for my buck. Would prefer 1 bedroom but single rooms would also work. Thanks. Brian

It depends on what you consider bang for your buck: Halloween party? Food and Wine Festival? Christmas decorations? Low point costs? Hot weather? Not hot weather? Specific resort availability?

I would have thought a buyer, even one who bought directly,would have options in mind already for how they'll use the points. The best bang for the buck will likely always be in a studio lower seasons S-F avoiding weekends. But it really depends on your family situation and personal wants/needs.

Hey there welcome! I am waiting on a first BLT contract right now. I think looking at the charts, points seem to go farthest during the pre-Christmas period and also early fall. I'm planning my first trip pre-Christmas this year, and the second, for next fall. There may be less families and more singles, couples, in the parks at those times too, but I'm actually not sure.

We love September. Crowds are lower, weather is less humid but still really pleasant and the lowest point value.

We prefer October which for us has been less rainy/more sunny. We tend to do W-W cause we usually fly in. Pt-wise Sunday to Friday works better plus you'll avoid the weekends.

Pre-Christmas does happen to be a busy DVC time and it's already booked up for this year. Fall is also a busy DVC for F&W...and it's also booked up for this year (we are doing 3 nights in Oct and had to wait list BLT at 5-6 months out. Got our WL, but that was a while ago). Both, fall and early Dec, are attractive due to lower point costs.

I agree that skipping Friday and Saturday nights is a way to conserve (though a lot of DVC folks do this and weekends are more available, at 7 month window, than weekdays) as is doing a studio. September, before F&W starts, is good easy time to book as is Jan and early Feb (not during any marathon weekends). November is good too (except Thanksgiving week and going into early Dec). But best bang for your buck (though you have to book at 11 months out, or close to it) is F&W time and early Dec...cheap points and you get great extra Disney experiences.

We love September. Crowds are lower, weather is less humid but still really pleasant and the lowest point value.

I think next time I go it will be around sept . I want to do the MNSSHP and go last week in sept . I just don't like its adventure season that's what disney calls hurricane season. I assume the crowds will be quite low due to people aren't pulling there kids out of school in the first month .

first of all.........welcome home. :welcome: you are going to love your new home.

check out sept, it is not as crowded, the end of sept. and 1st. of oct., pts are low and it is the beginning of the f&w festival and mnsshp.

2nd and 3rd wk in dec. is not as crowded and all christmas decorations are up. :santa: a beautiful time.

january is a low pt time and the weather is usually perfect. altho it can turn chilly suddenly, so take a sweater or plan to buy a mickey sweat shirt if needed. that is a good excuse to buy the sweat shirt to hang in your closet at home to remind you of disney and your 2nd home.::yes::

check the pts chart for march, april and may. :flower3: the flower and garden tour is absolutely beautiful.

One bad thing about January is potential ride closures for refurbishing. Now you are only talking a few rides, but it may be something to consider.

My vote is for early December. Low points, low crowds, Christmas stuff and MVMCP is going.

Very end of September and early October can also be good, F&W fest, and MNSSHP is happening on some nights. Plus you get a little more pool/waterpark weather.

Here is some crowd info:

http://**************.net/2011/09/19/2013-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

Then again, my 2013 VGF points are going to December of 2013, and my 2014 points are going to F&W

Hey there welcome! I am waiting on a first BLT contract right now. I think looking at the charts, points seem to go farthest during the pre-Christmas period and also early fall. I'm planning my first trip pre-Christmas this year, and the second, for next fall. There may be less families and more singles, couples, in the parks at those times too, but I'm actually not sure.

As Lovin'fl stated this year Dec 1-14 is pretty much booked solid for this year, so I hope you have a backup plan. It is a great time of year due to the decorations, and low crowd levels, but because of the low points cost it is the busiest DVC time of year so you really must plan well in advance to book your room.

One bad thing about January is potential ride closures for refurbishing. Now you are only talking a few rides, but it may be something to consider.

My vote is for early December. Low points, low crowds, Christmas stuff and MVMCP is going.

Very end of September and early October can also be good, F&W fest, and MNSSHP is happening on some nights. Plus you get a little more pool/waterpark weather.

Here is some crowd info:

http://**************.net/2011/09/19/2013-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

Then again, my 2013 VGF points are going to December of 2013, and my 2014 points are going to F&W

Doesn't that site heavily base its recommendations on things like resort costs though (and other items I can't remember right now)? Because that wouldn't be a relevant consideration to a DVC member. I know I've looked at his rankings of weeks in the past and really disagreed with some of them.

I came back to add: I think that site is okay for what I recall it purports - to suggest the best time to go for someone's first and/or only trip to Disney. So I didn't think its recommendations were that great for visitors like DVC who might be visiting every year or multiple times per year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter