new dvc member ...maybe

sheilan

Earning My Ears
So we are considering buying into the AKV in early January or after. My first question...does anyone know of any promotions offered normally that we should wait for or hurry for? Also, what are the chances of booking a 6 night stay at AKL the 2nd week of November?

So we are considering buying into the AKV in early January or after. My first question...does anyone know of any promotions offered normally that we should wait for or hurry for? Also, what are the chances of booking a 6 night stay at AKL the 2nd week of November?

Have you looked into buying an AKV contract resale? You'll pay considerably less than if you buy directly through Disney.

I am not sure how it all works. I know DVC said they finance for lower credit scores at a higher interest rate and don't report to credit agencies which is tempting.

Disney's interest rates for good credit scores are ridiculous enough, i can't imagine anything that would justify paying an even higher rate. Look at the numbers, and consider whether the costs of financing will wipe out any potential savings you'd have on your lodging. Try renting points instead for awhile instead, and put the money you would have thrown away on finance charges towards buying your own DVC membership without financing someday.

Alternatively, look at the resale listings. Pick up a small contract, one that you can afford without financing. Use banking and borrowing, and you can put together a nice trip every couple of years. You can add on when you've got the money to do so.

AKL is awesome and if you buy direct you can get most likely any one week that you would like. But after that you would have to pray like the rest of us . But it will cost you .

From my experience they seem to have incentives at the end of the year, right before they incress the prices . Also at other times too , but imo they should be close to selling out and gearing up for GFV . So you probably not going to get free points ect .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter