New DVC logo coming

Debbie H

DIS VETERAN, DVC'92
I heard today that there is going to be a new DVC logo. An earth with Mickey ears. I guess we are going global.

I really hope that isn't the case. Not because I'm that attached to the current logo or anything, but having recently gone through a re-branding at work, I know exactly how expensive it is to replace signs, letterhead, web sites, etc.

There's nothing wrong with the current logo. Don't spend a bunch of money on something that isn't broken.

I agree but apparently they are going to start phasing it in within the year. This will be the 4th change I think. I wonder how much of our dues are going t oward the change?

I agree but apparently they are going to start phasing it in within the year. This will be the 4th change I think. I wonder how much of our dues are going t oward the change?

It should be $0 from dues. This is a marketing budget item, and falls under Disney Vacation Development's responsibility, not Disney Vacation Club.

But as Birds of Prey Dave said, it isn't inexpensive. Business cards for all the sales reps, stationary, in-park signage on the sales kiosks, off site sales office signage, signage at the resorts themselves...it all costs $$$.

I really hope that isn't the case. Not because I'm that attached to the current logo or anything, but having recently gone through a re-branding at work, I know exactly how expensive it is to replace signs, letterhead, web sites, etc.

There's nothing wrong with the current logo. Don't spend a bunch of money on something that isn't broken.

I do see what you are saying. Maybe we will be greatly surprised by the new logo. I tend to put a lot of faith in Disney with marketing tactics, they have a very creative staff.

I can't wait to see it.

Me too! I must confess as a new DVC member that the logo has always turned me off-- I can't quite put my finger on what it is, maybe the purple? maybe the font underneath? but there's something about it I just don't care for. Now, on the other hand, I don't really care and I agree that changing a logo can entail a lot of costs. I wonder if it is part of some larger rebranding? Otherwise it seems odd to change it just for kicks...

DVC has always emphasized the global use of points. They advertise that you can take safaris, go to ranches, go skiing, etc. The thing is, that option is more and more expensive every year (more points). The average member probably does not have enough points to take advantage of something like that. Plus now if you buy resale, you will not be able to trade out.

An earth with Mickey ears?! Without having seen it, it doesn't sound appealing at all!

I wonder if it will be similar to this earth with ears?

Actually, I really like that. If they are thinking of continuing to expand DVC worldwide, that makes sense. I can't help but wonder if this is something way bigger, and re-branding is just the tip of the iceberg. I mean, we now have Aulani and potentially something in Washington, DC? That may be why they've made the play to separate resales out of the mix. I wonder if the "DVC" program as we know it is evolving, and if Dis is restructuring the program altogether? Not always, but generally, the reason companies rebrand is to move away from what "once was" and position it toward a new or improved vision and the brand represents this new vision.

Fun to think about all of the possibilities! :goodvibes

As a DVC owner, my thoughts are that as long as they don't change the value of our existing DVC points and muck up our resort signs with something ugly, then they can change it to anything they want.

However, as a stock holder I am curious about the waste of money on something as trivial as a logo.

As a DVC owner, my thoughts are that as long as they don't change the value of our existing DVC points and muck up our resort signs with something ugly, then they can change it to anything they want.

However, as a stock holder I am curious about the waste of money on something as trivial as a logo.

Perhaps in the long run, it will be cheaper. Notice the Doorway to Dreams logo is only 2 colors, vs several in the current logo.

But whether or not the Doorway logo actually replaces the current logo remains to be seen. They use the globe logo for printed items used during sales, like letter head and business card, and the current full color logo for painted signage, like at the resorts and in park sales kiosks.

The logo is already being used on the back of the Disney buses. I will try and snap a picture if I remember. It is much more elegant than the Doorway to Dreams sign, much more polished. But it is very much like it.

Perhaps a new logo will provide the impetus for them to create some new DVC merch for us to buy:earsboy:

The logo is already being used on the back of the Disney buses. I will try and snap a picture if I remember. It is much more elegant than the Doorway to Dreams sign, much more polished. But it is very much like it.

:yay:Thanks, I would like that. Kinda excited!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter