new DVC Buyer

martinoqt

Earning My Ears
How hard is to get reservations last minute.
we are in process of buying at vwl.
have reservations at swan and dolphin(great rate govt)
thinking of using points for july trip, unsure if it will be too last minute to switch to either a villa somewhere or a room at contemporary.
any sugestions
martinoqt

Hi, Here's a link to the DVC forum: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28
You might get more answers there. If you want to switch, just call member services and find out if there is any availability (that is what I would do). It really depends on the time of year and how close you are to your vacation date. A few months ago we decided to make an impromptu trip (just got back a week ago from VWL - very nice! :sunny: ). DH called DVC member svcs and while he was talking to the rep, asking her some questions, she basically told him that rooms were disappearing as he spoke so he had to make up his mind quick on what he wanted otherwise we wouldn't have any choices at all. VWL-studio actually ended up being our only choice and we had to wait-list for the last day to stay there or we would have had to switch the last night there to SSR-1 bdrm. Our waitlist came thru though and we ended up staying the whole time at VWL. Anyway - just call. They're really great and will help you.

Oh yes, and welcome to DVC. We have been members since '99 and just love it.

hth!
Cheryl

You have to call member services to see what is available---being this close to july--I would take what I could get.

We love being DVC members!!!!!! WELCOME!!!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter