New DVC AP and Fastpass+

csummerlin55

Mouseketeer
We are planning on purchasing the DVC APs that are on sale through the end of this month and using them in July. I'm not sure how to do this and link the APs that haven't been used so that we can reserve our FP+ 60 days out (we are staying on property). We had to skip our annual trip last year so I know very, very little about the new system. How do I go about linking the APs without activating or using them and changing the date they will expire? How do I make sure we get Magic Bands before our trip? TIA!

We're doing this as well for our June trip. Member services said that when you make the AP purchase you'll get a confirmation number to use for your MDE account. The AP activation/start date is when you actually pick it up and use it the first time.

We're doing this as well for our June trip. Member services said that when you make the AP purchase you'll get a confirmation number to use for your MDE account. The AP activation/start date is when you actually pick it up and use it the first time.
Exactly this. We purchased the PAPs from Disney last time they were offered. Our trip was this past November. We used the confirmation number on MDE and made FP+ reservations. Our PAP expiration is the day we first used the passes.

Exactly this. We purchased the PAPs from Disney last time they were offered. Our trip was this past November. We used the confirmation number on MDE and made FP+ reservations. Our PAP expiration is the day we first used the passes.
So we should have the APs set up for pick up at will call? Does having them delivered to our home change the date they become active (thus changing the date they expire)? Did you get MBs before you left home?

If you get them delivered I think you have to wait until you receive them to be able to link the voucher number to your MDE.

If you set them for will call you will get a number upon completion of the purchase.

AP's are never shipped "live" the way regular tix are. You get a voucher that needs to be taken to GS to be activated. You 365 days begins on the date of activation.

I just ordered my DVC PAP's the other week and did will call. I then entered the will call number on my MDE account and it linked all 4 tickets. Very easy. I figured why have them sent to my home, its just one extra thing for me to remember to take with and you still have to trade them in and activate anyways.

I ordered mine online and they were automatically linked in MDE. I just had to attach them to the people in my friends and family list.

Still waiting on the paperwork that we had shipped to our home to arrive.

We just ordered ours and they were also automatically linked in MDE - we had to assign people to them when we ordered and I had already set up my and DH's MDE accounts with our kids on mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter