NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golferboy - congrats on the upgrade. I envy you, being able to experience WDW for the first time. I remember our first visit - the "WOW" factor was through the roof. Have a great trip and be sure to give us a report when you return.

Thanks ww52

The best part is we are taking advantage of the $99 rate that was advertised through Travelzoo. It even beat our $129 government rate when we booked 11 months ago. Still can't believe the special applied to the time of out trip and that we were able to get this rate!

Golfer boy...wait a minute...how did you get the upgrade. I applied for the SPG but of course have no points...is it automatic..do you requests...I'm sorry but I'm new to all this! Thanks!

mep319

I am Starwood Gold, and about two months ago I sent an email with a humble request for an upgrade if available. Then two weeks out, I emailed again, and then one week out, I sent a FAX to the Rooms Controller respectfully requesting an upgrade. All of these things were learned from this thread. I did not need any points, and Golds are supposed to get a one level upgrade if it is available - it's not automatic like Platinum level. You can get Gold status just by having an American Express card and calling SPG and telling them that you have it and want to be Gold.

golferboy...you have learned well! Congrats on your upgrade.

Thanks again for all the support during these last couple of weeks. Hopefully, things are looking up and we will have a Merry Christmas(I know we will have a thankful one).

And as for Dismug....:rotfl:

:) for Ozzie!:)

Disbug/Df/andthosenottobementionedduetosecrecy

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
thank you for the laughs this morning! I have to agree, something does smell fishy, or is that dolphiny, dauphiny? LOL

Thanks guys for the smiles!

Debbie

PS I just booked the sunrise safari for DD and myself!

Originally posted by #1hockeymom

PS I just booked the sunrise safari for DD and I! [/B]

Hockeymom, you and your children will LOVE the sunrise safari! I am thrilled that everything is coming together for you! Planning really is half the fun!

You guys are so funny with your mug talk and secret codes! I love mine and am drinking H20 from it right now!

I would love to meet and say hi to ZW and Disbug too. We arrive at the Dolphin on the 29th. The extended weather looks good! I'm in the single digits!

Muffy

Originally posted by ozziewags
Hi everyone!:jumping1: Just got home from the hospital and brought DH home! Because we got to the hospital so quickly, there was very little damage to the heart. He still has the stent and needs another, but is ready to resume a somewhat normal, common sense life.

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, prayers and pixie dust...it works!

For all of you going to Disney, have wonderful trips and enjoy every moment with your families.:hug:
ozzie....I kept reading ahead until I got the good news! enjoy your holidays with your family :)

:wave2:

Madge

golferboy~ Yes, indeed you are a good student and have learned well! Good for you.

The same thing happened to me on my first Dolphin stay - dutifully followed the instructions from this thread and about 2 weeks before check-in saw my upgrade on the spg website to CL. Isn't it thrilling???:D

There are 117 pages to shift thru! While I'm attempting to learn it is quite a task from a girl that has the disney resort discount thing down fairly well...then I throw the S/D in the mix...oh well, on to new things! I have a starwood card (I think)...I'll have to get it upgraded to gold and see the website...any other hints?? Should I reserve a resort view or just take a chance?? Thanks!

:eek: WouseMay Eacher Tay! I would NEVER "RAT" U out!:eek:

Now you've gone and done it! The whole story is bound to come out! We're going to have to resort to disguises! :magnify:

ZW, and Muffy! Meet me in WDW... synchronize your countdown clocks! DF is going to Knott's Merry Farm to throw them off our trail! Set your blasters on Stun and hope to see you at Buzz's place 3PM, on the 1st day after the "Big Guy" in the red suit drops off a sackload of "merchandise"!

If that doesn't work out and we somehow miss each other, be sure to check the desk for secret messages! :chat:

Mep319>> You're going to love your stay! My only advice would be to book the room you want to be in, then hope/ask for even more PD!

OK, who can stick around to the 15th of January so I can come visit everyone before you all fly home! I'll be "roughing" LOL it over at CBR for the first few days before we change over to AKL. If I figure out the secret code will someone stick around? LOL

*big wave to all* Only two more days of school left!

Debbie

And just to confuse them take three steps to the left.....:teeth: :teeth:

See ya soon....WDW here we come...

To Disbug, ZW and Muffy -----

I am sooooooo jealous and wish I were going to be there with you guys and have the opportunity to "see" and meet you!

Have a wonderful time! :jumping1:

You "sisters" have a wonderful trip to the land of the MAGIC..... I cannot wait to here all the details. :teeth:

Zurgswife ~ I noticed that you have taken a cruise on the Disney Wonder. Did you have to reserve 2 rooms with your large family? I have thought of taking a cruise, but it seems so expensive for all of us. Have a great time in WDW !!!!

Waving to the room... :wave:

Disbug~I'm heading into San Francisco tomorrow for five eves in the Big City by the BAY! (Again...mastering the art of disguise and deception as the pink panther theme music plays in the background). I'll pm you all the "codes" and other....so we can still plan the meet. The tazer/blaster thing (STUN) is just GENIUS! Now, for the hair dye...glasses...thick accent...etc. (LOL). :hyper: Lou couldn't spot me if he TRIED! Deep Mouse (AKA: Mouseteacher)...good move, feigning ignorance and exclusion. Definitely worked! Zurgswife..."the chair is against the wall, and the bird flys south." Leave the fridge light on, and the cat bowl by the back door. :teeth: Muffy....hold the Prez suite until I arrive, request 4 keys. I just wish all of us were going together (mousteacher, Ozzie, Mom Poppins, lovingthemouse, #1hockeymom, madge, Lauren...and everyone else...KIMMAR included!). sotokeepthemespeciallyloufromfindingusivedevisedagreatplanwhichincludespretendingweallhavetocancelthissummerstripsandstayhomebecausetheswandolphninolongerappealtoanyofusandwewouldrathersitinourhousesandsaveourpenniessakesalivewhatamisayingiwouldgocrazyifididnotvisitwdweachyearandactuallywishiweregoingmoreoftensoscrapthatplanandwewillworktogetheronanewoneovertheholidaysokaysistersloljustkeepreadingthismessageandmaybelouwilltireofthegameandloseinterestandwecanuptheanteandreallycomeupowithsomethingbigbutuntilthenjustholdtightandkeepupthegreatworkyouareallworthyofthebeststealthawardforyoureffortsicanalmostfeelloureadingthisencryptionasitypeheisasneakyoneindeedandisfollowingoureverymovesowewillhavetoplayitextracarefulandtrytothrowhimoffthetrailthingslikePSandsunrisesafariplansaregreatandcloudtheissuesokeeptossingtheseinthemixhappypostingsisters/fellowsleuthsseeyouinthemagic! ::yes::

Ozzie...you are in my heart and prayers. Wishing you a better week...day by day. You'll be on my mind in San Francisco. Keep smiling, and hold onto your faith. :sunny:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

*I'll either post FROM the Westin, or when I return. Take care~! XO moi

Zurgswife ~ I noticed that you have taken a cruise on the Disney Wonder. Did you have to reserve 2 rooms with your large family? I have thought of taking a cruise, but it seems so expensive for all of us. Have a great time in

We had 2 catagory 10 rooms (secret Porthole) sailed first week of March and it was about $3600...I booked at least 12 months out and through DU. I figured if I couldn't save enough up to cover most of the cruise I could cancel....booking lots in advance is about the only way to save money....

:wave2: :wave2: So, Long my friends and sisters....I shall try to email pics back during my stay....maybe even include DISmug (oops bug)....

There's a clue in that DF post somewhere I just haven't quite found it yet.........

img_dog-bloodhound.jpg

(Can I stir the place up or what? You should see the ruckus I'm causing on the Riddle and Angels threads!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter